It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God an Alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The earliest written langauge is cuneiform from Sumer. Scientists all agree that civilization spang up overnight,(a metaphor), in Sumer.

By civilization I mean, medicine, law, government, Irrigation, agriculture, metallurgy, writing, the wheel, urban planning, even an advanced knowledge of the solar system.
where did the Sumers learn this: " they said all that we know we learned from the gods."
The name For the sumer gods was "Annunaki".
The texts of Sumer tell of an alien race landing on earth and mining gold, Ever wonder why gold was valuable? Even the south American cultures hoarded it, not for themselves they told the spanish invaders," it does not belong to us, it belongs to the gods"- they believed they would be coming back fir it, maybe they will.
The Gold was used by the Annunaki as a shield during their planets perihelion, or close pass to the sun.
They atomized it and released it into their upper stratosphere. how do we know?, this is what the Sumers wrote down.
After thousands of years the annunaki on earth revolted from the leadership, mining is hard work and the annunaki recorded their lifespans at over 400,000 years. the chief scientist of the lot named Enki said let us create the lulu or primative worker, the texts describe a process of genetically enhancing homo erectus to homo sapiens, it was not an easy task and the early attempt did not produce humans able to reproduce. This is what the SUMERS wrote down in their earliest texts. any one here want to add to this?
or Talk about it?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't know if there are aliens or a god, but if there is I think they're two different things. I guess you could argue that god is Alien to us, but I think if there are aliens they are somewhat on the same level as us - even though some may be higher evolved and may do god like things.

If there really is a creator I think it would exists outside of our reality or an a plane beyond our own, a place beyond our understanding if you will. I would think that plane is beyond where those we describe as aliens exists. There is though the possibility that a certain group of aliens could be sort of go betweens (between god & us) or angels even, I suppose some could even be demons.

Or simply look at it like this, Aliens are probably made of DNA like we are, but God would be the one who designed the DNA thus if your made of DNA your not the one who designed it. God would exists outside our realm.

While that still leaves the possiblility that aliens could be manipulating us & our DNA and they could even be responsible for us being here on earth that is - still I think the concept God is something completely different.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by outsider]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I agree with most of what you say and we should decern between the big (G) GOD "Universal creator" and the small g god(S) WHO ENHANCED HUMAN EVOLUTION, anyway...IMHO

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedHerring
The earliest written langauge is cuneiform from Sumer. Scientists all agree that civilization spang up overnight,(a metaphor), in Sumer.

By civilization I mean, medicine, law, government, Irrigation, agriculture, metallurgy, writing, the wheel, urban planning, even an advanced knowledge of the solar system.
where did the Sumers learn this: " they said all that we know we learned from the gods."
The texts of Sumer tell of an alien race landing on earth and mining gold, Ever wonder why gold was valuable? Even the south American cultures hoarded it, not for themselves they told the spanish invaders," it does not belong to us, it belongs to the gods"- they believed they would be coming back fir it, maybe they will.
The Gold was used by the Annunaki as a shield during their planets perihelion, or close pass to the sun.
They atomized it and released it into their upper stratosphere. how do we know?, this is what the Sumers wrote down.
After thousands of years the annunaki on earth revolted from the leadership, mining is hard work and the annunaki recorded their lifespans at over 400,000 years. the chief scientist of the lot named Enki said let us create the lulu or primative worker, the texts describe a process of genetically enhancing homo erectus to homo sapiens, it was not an easy task and the early attempt did not produce humans able to reproduce. This is what the SUMERS wrote down in their earliest texts. any one here want to add to this?
or Talk about it?
You have absolutely no concept of what you're repeating. You're simply parroting what other quasi-researchers like Zecharia Sitchin have "translated". You do know Sitchin isn't qualified to translate anything don't you? You keep stating "what they wrote down in their texts", "the texts", "the texts describe". EXACTLY WHICH TEXTS ARE YOU REFERRING TO? Are you pointing to the Poetry texts? The Dynasty Texts? The Hymns? Which text, specifically, are you referring to that has been translated to indicate all of this?

Did you do all the translation yourself or did you get all of this information from a reliable (translation:fringe) source? You have the education neccessary to translate cuneiform? You read a 5,000 year old language?

It's people like you that come to the UFO community with your false sense of knowledge, misleading historical facts and fringe translations and give the community such a crackpot image. It's no wonder we can't make any headway into this phenomenon...nobody wants to deal with "history professors" like this Sumerian expert above.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

It's people like you that come to the UFO community with your false sense of knowledge, misleading historical facts and fringe translations and give the community such a crackpot image. It's no wonder we can't make any headway into this phenomenon...nobody wants to deal with "history professors" like this Sumerian expert above.

I hope you were just directing your post at red & not me. I didn't really pay attention to the bulk of his post. I was just answering his title question with my best WAG (wild ass guess). I'm sure you figured that out & that wasn't directed toward me, but just in case I thought I'd let you know I know I don't know #-that's why I'm here.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
there is too a god, i saw him the other day at pier 1 with elvis and big foot they were shopping for jesus' house warming gift.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
[Edited on 6-5-2004 by sometrendyname]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sometrendyname
there is too a god, i saw him the other day at pier 1 with elvis and big foot they were shopping for jesus' house warming gift.

Is this a JOKE?? please try and post something sensible

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I found RedHerrings post interesting.
And not all believe Sitchin is a fake,
i'd like you to show us what certified
physician says that he is?
If RH has to show you some info you
should verify your facts too wouldn't
you agree?It's only fair i think. As for
the information i've seen much on the
subject as well, some of it in other logs
here. There is a star map engraved on
an ancient wall showing all 12 planets
i dont remember precisely 'where'
so dont ask heh. Ok i'm done.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

or Talk about it?
You have absolutely no concept of what you're repeating. You're simply parroting what other quasi-researchers like Zecharia Sitchin have "translated". You do know Sitchin isn't qualified to translate anything don't you? You keep stating "what they wrote down in their texts", "the texts", "the texts describe". EXACTLY WHICH TEXTS ARE YOU REFERRING TO? Are you pointing to the Poetry texts? The Dynasty Texts? The Hymns? Which text, specifically, are you referring to that has been translated to indicate all of this?

Did you do all the translation yourself or did you get all of this information from a reliable (translation:fringe) source? You have the education neccessary to translate cuneiform? You read a 5,000 year old language?

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by Preest]

20 years of study in this area, and yes there are hundreds of texts. I will not Itemize them for you unless you are specific in your reference.
I am familiar with debunking methods and am not overly impressed with generalized criticism.
Zecharia Sitchin is far from alone in his transliterations of Sumers cuneiform pictographic langauge.
I am fairly well versed in proto-Sumer cuniform and Akkadian and Babalonian cuneiform usage.
I would recomend the ENUMA ELISH
here a link to several translations or that text.
www.mindspring.com...
I have a hard drive full of answers if you really have questions.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just imagine genetic engineering 200 years on
- we could possibly create creatures at will however we like it.

We can even create strange looking creatures, give them the ability to speak, learn, listen, hunt etc. and when they developed some languages and civlization we will rock the show with some cool special effects to let them think there is a higher beeing out there

If you think about it, it logically could be that we are just planted on this planet.

Of course it wouldn't be nice but hey, 3 cheers to the guys who created us. Sex is great and live on earth can be fun

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
not all believe Sitchin is a fake,
i'd like you to show us what certified
physician says that he is?
Why would a certified physician say Sitchin is a fake? Wouldn't it be a bit more realistic to assume REAL archaeologists and experts in Sumerian cuneiforms know a bit more about their trade then Sitchin? I know this might be a bit extreme but...NOT ALL IN THE ARCHAEOLOGY COMMUNITY HAVE CONSPIRED TO CONCEAL SOME HIDDEN ALIEN TRUTH. Many of these men are damn good people who have dedicated hundreds of thousands of their own dollars and thousands of hours of their time to make sure historical artifacts are accurate. Not to mention years of schooling and a love for archaeology. That being said...Sitchin is qualified by his own university degree in...ah yes, economics. Now I know some of you are compelled to disagree with the scientific community because they're what some people might consider "part of the establishment" but really these men are women are TRAINED to decipher these texts...Sitchin is trained to monitor the decline in the Dow Jones.

Originally posted by Sapphire
If RH has to show you some info you should verify your facts too wouldn't you agree?
He didn't show any facts. And I fail to see why somebody agreeing with the stat quo needs to prove or provide proof of anything, doesn't make sense. My proof is has already been established. The true translations have already been provided. If I was to provide evidence I would simply give dozens of links to translations made by true archaeological professionals. As of yet RH made claims but hasn't given any data from reputable scientific professionals or organizations. Why?

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

20 years of study in this area, and yes there are hundreds of texts. I will not Itemize them for you unless you are specific in your reference.
I am familiar with debunking methods and am not overly impressed with generalized criticism.
Zecharia Sitchin is far from alone in his transliterations of Sumers cuneiform pictographic langauge.
I am fairly well versed in proto-Sumer cuniform and Akkadian and Babalonian cuneiform usage.
I would recomend the ENUMA ELISH
here a link to several translations or that text.
www.mindspring.com...
I have a hard drive full of answers if you really have questions.
You've had 20 years in schooled research and study or 20 years of obsession? Don't mean to be blunt but I doubt your "20 years of study" comment...course that's just my opinion and it may be baseless but I've heard that same comment from many many other fringe knock-offs. I noticed the link you produced leads people to the "rock opera" site...but why didn't you offer a more scientific link by somebody in the scientific community or some scientific organization that might agree with you? Why was it the rock opera page?

Let's assume you have had 20 years of study in this subject...that means you're able to decipher cuneiform from Sumerian clay tablets? Correct?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
good multiple, well documented translations available on those links, you could not possibly have read any of them, in the time it took you to type you diatribe.

ME

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I Just have a comment about the small gods, then you guys can continue fighting or whatever . . .

IMO . . . and experience of life . . . There is sumtin' too the creator God/Force/All and the Gods/Physical Beings.

And it 'seems' most religions speak of this, but in the same were, ummm, hidden from the fact . . .

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The first translation sounds a bit like greek mythology to me.

All the gods and their troubles. Though I do think that human beings were created or at least helped along in the evolutionary ladder by an alien civilisation.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i think that the bible clearly states that we were created by a race, or group of entities, or whatever TF. and i think the bible was rewriting or redescribing the same story in some of the predocessing text, tablets, pictographs, stonehenge, and pyramids.

god = elohim(which is a plural term) that means those who came from the sky? is this correct? i have looked in bible encyclopedias, foot notes and stuff and it confirms sort of what sitchin and those that go along with his school of thought say. and the enuma elish and some of those other stories or historical records(most people usually record history with a normal selfish human twist) -- i find all of these very interesting.

Preest are you able to translate any relatively aged text?

What do you think the definition of elohim is? Jehovah was an ancient astronaut IMO.

Hey, Preest could you give me a link to the more accepted scientific translations of these text or heiroglyphs? well hell i guess i could do a google.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Was jahovah an astronaught?
The use of Yahweh as the name of God has always fuelled speculation and philosophical argument. YHWH, sometimes pronounced Jehovah, is taken to mean "I AM" or "I AM WHO I AM". There is also the puzzle of the rule that his mysterious real name is not to be spoken.

The identification of the goddess Asherah (Asherat) as His consort somewhere within the original Jewish faith leads to some explosive conclusions about the identity of the Jewish/Christian God of the Cosmos, the one Monotheistic God with whom we are so familiar from western religion.

But before looking at Asherah, and what she means to the identity of Yahweh, it is worth taking a look at another goddess, Ashteroth. Her significance will become evident a little later. Referred to as an "abomination" in 2 Kings, Ashteroth was an important deity in the Near East pantheons.

To the Sumerians she was IN.ANNA (Anu's beloved) and is an important character in the Sumerian Epics.to Eygpt Isis, To the Assyrians and Babylonians she was Ishtar; Ashtoreth was her name for the Canaanites; to the Greeks - Aphrodite; the Romans - Venus. The most important equivalent however is the Egyptian goddess Hathor, who the Greeks identified with Aphrodite. Hathor was the wife of Horus, the God of War. Hathor is identified with the symbol of the cow, and statues of her in the 26th Dynasty (572 - 525 BC) in Egypt actually depict her as a cow also known to the sumers as Nanhirsag.

This helps to illistrate the relationship between the various pantheons of gods, it is also helpfull to know in this regard that the early hebrew alphabet was the original model for greek
see this link:
www.ancient-hebrew.org...
Lots of info here for the evolution of modern language from their near eastern originals.
The point being that jehova or yaweh= Enlil in Sumers pantheon.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Remember, when you read on various ancient cultures (Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc.) alot of things they did not understand was explained away as "out-worldly".

In fact, some historians attribute many "shamans" and rituals directly with certain hallucinatory drugs, from which they then attribute their visions to the Gods.

So, (1) the older information is, the less credible it becomes. For example, the bible wasn't written overnight. It is difficult to grasp exactly how it all came about and by whom.

(2) Our ancestors weren't educated and thought lightning was a God's fury.

That being said, some older ufo paintings and frescos are very fascinating, moreso that today's photoshop hoaxes.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yes, On a technicality..

God is an Alien yes, If god created the earth, he was not from the earth which means God is an Alien.

But i dont belive in God anyway this is all just speculation and imaginative thinking.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join