It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Excellent Thread! Hopefully, other people will see this thread and come here to post, not only about the New Great Game, but the Iranians battle for there right to CHANGE. I am likely the Post so far as well, excellent work from EVERYONE. Keep the great work up!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So true! Good post. Human beings want to live in freedom. End of story. My wife tells me that the people there are so different than how they are portrayed in our media. There are well educated, and most love the American People and what this country is supposed to stand for. All the global power positioning clouds what is really a simple issue. People of all types desire freedom and peace.

This country proves that under the right set of circumstances people from all walks of life, all religions, all races, can live amongst one another in relative peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RDR17

I think it was good from the stand point of the GAME or the US. When we look at in that context, It was a very smart move on Reagan's part so to speak.....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

you make it sound like they live in shacks and have access to nothing?

look at this to give you an idea that they are not different in their buying options than you or I
www.iraneservice.com...

what about this modern shopping Mall
www.panoramio.com...

btw where did you get this blue jeans idea from?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good thread and is the exact same thing i have been thinking.

Although u could have made it a couple of words OIL,China,USA,Russia and OIL and that map of the pipelines!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
awsome thread slayer!!!

Im not that smart,, but this is written very well for the average person(me) to get an understanding and bigger picture of whats happening.....

huggs everyone!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

It's true. The populace and infrastructure is much more "modern" than many people believe. Also, the terrain is not just desert. It's a beautiful country with a rich history and culture. If Iran were to open up, tourism there would flourish.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Star and Flag to Slayer !

You are quite right that we can do this another way.

We even know how to grow oil for less money than we are spending
to send troops to the middle east to "provide stability" which is a lie.

100,000 gal per acre algae oil grown in the desert

The corn deal is the child of the corn lobby and their 20 - 30 gallons
per acre is a complete joke compared to this.

We can do this now til other methods come along to get us off oil
complete like using algae to make hydrogen.

Biological Hydrogen production

Right now all our cars, ships, and such will take time to move over to
hydrogen fuel cell, but this is a clear path that is doable and can be
scaled up.

For our electrical we have Solar Thermal, Geothermal, Tidal, River
and Ocean Currents, Wind, and the Jet Stream.

1% of the jet stream could power the earth

The Ocean currents often have many times the flow of all the rivers
on the earth and shrouded turbines will not harm marine life.

Antarctic Circumpolar current has 125 times the flow of all rivers on Earth

That one current would take care of the southern hemispheres power
needs most likely.

We spend trillions to fight wars, and trillions on bailing out corrupt
corporations yet we spend a pittance to assure the long term future of
clean sustainable power by comparison.

We are making some progress, but we are need to refocus our efforts
and get out of the middle east wars that could be replaced with
algae oil grown in our desert.

Think if we kept all our money at home we spend on oil imports.

Think if we kept all our money at home we spend on 700 bases in
130+ countries.

It would start to turn this country around.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thanks.

I guess people are waking up. It seems there have been a few posts today all along the same lines.

Go figure...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yea no new reports of tanks or riots today, go figure

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
you make it sound like they live in shacks and have access to nothing?

No I didn't. I'm fully aware of how modern the technology is over there.

What I was saying is that the young adults just want to be like young adults of the west. They want blue jeans. They want rock music. They want to live life and be left alone. They don't want to deal with imams telling them to go kill themselves for God. They dont' want to deal with a crazy government that hangs homosexuals in the city square simply for being gay.

They want concert tickets to U2. They DON'T want oppression.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Great point.

Sorry to say but the unrest fits nicely into the game.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You and I definitely don't see eye to eye on most things, so this thread really shocked me. I never thought I'd hear you admit that the US starts war and continuously causes trouble over there because of the oil.

Where we do still disagree, is that I believe we should keep our greedy, bloody paws out of everyone else's oil. What oil we need, we buy like everyone else does. If we're worried there won't be enough for us in 10 to 15 years why don't we prove to the world we can do more than just steal and kill by manufacturing cars that don't need gas - they do exist you know.

If our government would decide today to change what powers the US and we manufactured those changes right here in the US we could create jobs and turn our economy around almost immediately.

Or maybe it's more fun killing woman and children...

Flag for you too.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Following me so far?

What about the present situation in Iran? Remember Chaos as you well know is always a good thing in the "Game" Whether they get overthrown or not is not really important, what is important is that we stay in the region AKA "The Game"

I am not following you.

After reading your entire post, this is the only explanation for the Revolution in Iran?

Did I miss something in your post?

I'm sorry, but the Iranian Revolution has nothing to do with oil right now.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Star for you.

Would you please give us your views on whats really going. Please be specific.
Thanks

Slay

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
You and I definitely don't see eye to eye on most things, so this thread really shocked me. I never thought I'd hear you admit that the US starts war and continuously causes trouble over there because of the oil.

Where we do still disagree, is that I believe we should keep our greedy, bloody paws out of everyone else's oil.

I understand I get that a lot. People "assume" many things about me.
When we look at all the players we quickly realize that everybody has blood on their hands. Not just the US. Maybe when I make those statements people loose that perspective....

Oh and by the way... I'm not defending anybody's actions just explaining them in my view of things

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Star for you.

Would you please give us your views on whats really going. Please be specific.
Thanks

Slay

There is this one guy in Iran who has a lot of power, and somehow he rigged the election in his favor.

The people in Iran know it's election fraud.

The People in Iran grabbed their balls and revolted.

What's to come out of this revolution? I don't know... But right now it has nothing to do with Oil.

Our Occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan has something to do with Oil, you are right about that, but right now the situation / conflict in Iran has nothing to do with oil

(although it could in the future, if we invade the country... Is that what you are suggesting?).

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Great point.

There are alot of things that fit nicely into our own perceptions, but where's the evidence that the Iranians are acting under foreign influence?? It's really getting frustrating to read all these opinions presented as solid fact. Is it possible? Sure, but so far there is no evidence of internal interference by any other nation, and I noticed you didn't really mention the UK in the list of players of this game, yet the UK is the country the Iranian regime is primarily blaming. I just think it's a bit insulting to the Iranians who are putting it all on the line to gain some freedom in their lives, to suggest that they aren't capable of being anything but pawns of the west.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The motives and 'game' you outline are plausible. But we shouldn't confuse plausibility with the truth. That's the problem with a lot of advocates of various conspiracies... if a theory is plausible some people tend leap on it as likely to be true, or even fact, with little or no evidence.

Unless you have first-hand knowledge suggesting otherwise, you and I simply don't know the extent of external interference going on in Iran.

And so it's unwise of you imho to tell us to 'wake up!' etc. etc., as it suggests that you know otherwise.

What's happening over there is real, is serious, and shouldn't be hijacked to promote one's own agenda... unless, as I say, you know something we don't about which govt.s are in there, which agencies, etc.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by eniac]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Great point.

You may have missed my earlier reply on that.

Suggesting? Invasion?
Maybe you over looked this part here.

Understand what is really going on!

What about the present situation in Iran? Remember Chaos as you well know is always a good thing in the "Game" Whether they get overthrown or not is not really important, what is important is that we stay in the region AKA "The Game"

No.
I'm not suggesting anything but be aware that the unrest fits nicely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join