It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New solar activity!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
After an exceptionally quiet solar minimum, our little star is starting to stir.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52d8a9a52fe2.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is how a scientist explained (via email) my question on how to predict if a CME or other event will be geoeffective or not based on SOHO or STEREO satellite images:

If a CME occurs near disk center [within some 30 degrees, it will hit the Earth]. And will have some effect, but for a really big effect, the magnetic field within the CME has to be directed to the South. That is much harder to gauge and I don't know of any reliable way of doing that. Energetic particles from flares are most likely to hit us if the flare happens on the Western hemisphere of the Sun, because they follow the magnetic field lines and those that connect with the Earth come from 45 degrees to the West of the disk center.

Here is a simulation of the impact on the magnetosphere:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a72dabf3bc9.jpg[/atsimg]

Watch for yourself, and especially check out the magnetometer!!!

Very latest SOHO images

Magnetosphere simulation

Magnetometers in Alaska (thanks to HAARP, for these - LOL!)

GOES Satellite imagery

[edit on 24-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]
NOTE: Fixed!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sweet deal. Good thing someone it watching this, because I havent been. Better pay attention more. Thanks for the news.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Paveway27

I'm interested to see how the aging power grid is going to handle the increased load with the (probably) very warm summer that lies ahead... With increased solar activity.... And a junk economy... Among other things..

Solar induced ground currents have crashed Québec a few times.. Not to mention the infamous "squirrel" that caused the cascading failure of 2003 happened during a period of high solar activity..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Magnetometer data from Alaska (measurements of the Earth's magnetic field) over the last 24 hours:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c16a41832ced.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Radio propagation on 11 and 10 meter has been phenomenal for a week!

People around the world are lost as to why it's been so good with no solar activity. Only the moon, solar activity and a little scatter from meteors can cause favorable propagation, USUALLY.

Maybe this is the answer. The sun is waking up.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Many earthquakes and volcanic activity, too... Lots of weird stuff! But also, some evidence suggests there was also interaction between the Earth and some OTHER energy, that may not have been solar recently also.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Good morning sleepy head Sun. We have been waiting for you to wake up! Eggs and toast sir / ma'am? Please do not hurl any more squirrels at us. It was most unpleasant last time

Well, here we go. Interesting times ahead I suppose, or maybe just a little more of the same?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Who knows? It's kinda neat to watch. Anyways, I noticed you're interested in sine waves, eh?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b3a700d28fc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8611b8065a52.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42643e7c591f.gif[/atsimg]

Lost some image quality during resizing, I will fix that tomorrow... Anyways yeah.. Neat.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sounds like the global COOLING people aren't going to like this. A quiet sun is a cooler sun.

Global warming has been on vacation and it's coming back. Increased sun spot activity should result a in warmer Earth.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Is that from the solar flare yesterday?
the damn thing knocked my interwebs out and maybe my satalite!
god damn deathball.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well actually, the sun is full of activity.

And wow, debz - you really lost comm last night? Please elaborate. What is your location?

Solar windspeed is holding steady around 500 km/s, but density is still quite low as well as field variations.

Might I suggest that everyone make sure they have a couple flashlights per everyone in the household, candles, booze, canned food - Just in case. Oh, and learn how to read a map while you're at it..

I really think we have to consider power outages as a serious possibility this summer. Don't forget that increased solar activity causes increased water evaporation (IE: warm air, storms..) so this could foreshadow a rough weather season also.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Well actually, the sun is full of activity.

And wow, debz - you really lost comm last night? Please elaborate. What is your location?

im from manchester in england and im on sky broadband. We lost the connection from about 7:30 all night. We also lost the satalite but i think that scasuse the box has died.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

Can you tell me what time that you lost satellite and other lines?

Thanks a lot
lulz!\

PS: Solar wind speed has increased to a steady 400 km/s, but.. density is still relatively low at 5p/cc with minimal field variance ...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Absolutely, I am, and this looks a lot like some I used to see on oscilloscopes while I worked for the gob ment. Not sure what the connection is but as per usual, it will likely come to me in a dream or an "aha" moment shortly. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

I had one of those "aha" moments while stirring a bowl of rice the other day.

It's like your brain clicking!

Anyways after a few days of SOLID solar activity, my eyes are looking at the Earth today:

Jetstream

Water vapor

North America IR

Canadian RADAR

Alaska magnetometer

Earthquake data

[edit on 26-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

now it's a littel beat odd, i'm writing an article about the crope circle 2009
and one crope warn about a solar activities and a mass solar eruption for the 7 july 2009 it's first one of a series of 4 solar eruption .

it's an article from cropecircle conector

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

actualy there a lot of sign showing the future solar activity and how that activity may effect the Earth.
i dont know what to think because many people are just trying to know if it's man made or alien but imagine we miss the sign imagine it's going to happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Hiya mate, im on sky too and i didnt lose my connection...just to point out that it may have been a more local thing to you.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Now I really hate to bring the crop circle thing into this, but I reviewed the site and ... I'm not going to draw any conclusions based on the circles but.. They're beautiful.. Whoever made them must make great origami..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

Can you tell me what time that you lost satellite and other lines?

Thanks a lot
lulz!\

PS: Solar wind speed has increased to a steady 400 km/s, but.. density is still relatively low at 5p/cc with minimal field variance ...

PRobly around 8-ish im guessing. I wasnt watching it. i only found out when i went downstiars

[edit on 26-6-2009 by superdebz]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join