It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 4 Atlanta Tea Party Cancelled by Democrat Billionaire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

With as many as 20,000 people attendance, the Atlanta Tea Party on April 15 was one of the largest and most successful Tea Parties in the country. The Atlanta Tea Party on July 4, 2009 had been expected to be just as large. Unfortunately, plans have changed. Simon Property Group has forced the cancellation of the Atlanta Tea Party

From this article
July 4 Atlanta Tea Party Cancelled by Democrat Billionaire

The Atlanta Tea Party was forced to cancel it's Independence Day celebration in Gwinnett, after losing it's location due to the objection of Gwinnett Place Mall (a Simon company.) The Tea Party had been scheduled to take place in the parking lot of the old Macy's building at Gwinnett Place since March.

From this article
www.atlantateaparty.net...

This is a disgrace! We should boycott all simon malls. Have a look at how the owner of simon malls is connected to the democratic party

Following the money, connecting the dots:

Gwinnett Place Mall shut down the Atlanta Tea Party.
Simon Property Group owns Gwinnett Place Mall.
Melvin Simon (a Forbes 400 billionaire) is Co-chairman of Simon Property Group, Inc.
Melvin Simon has provided large political contributions to Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Al Franken, John Edwards, the DNC and many other Democrats and Democrat organizations.
Melvin Simon was a major contributor to Barack Obama inaugural committee and has given at least $1 million to the William J. Clinton foundation.
Melvin's wife, Bren, personally donated almost $100,000 to various political candidates, was a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid, and contributed to President Obama's inaugural committee.

Don't give up the fight Atlanta!

-E-

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Interesting find, Myster...

However,

We should boycott all simon malls.
is likely to do more harm to the lessors EDIT: oops, I mix those up...meant "lessees"! of the retail spaces than to the Simon Corporation.

I'm not arguing for nor against the Partisan issue here, just thinking out loud.....

My guess is another venue, upon hearing the news, will step up.

[edit on 6/24/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You should do it anyways. Permits for protesting is a stupid concept and those should be abolished.

Of course when ACORN want to protest, they ALWAYS have a permit... when you protest FOR the republicans or the democrats, you're supported... but when you see the scam and you protest against both and the real ennemy of the country, the FED, then, you are denied.

We don't live in a free country.

I suggest you go protest there anyway.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Simon is a very big mall chain . Very easy to boycott. I have worked for stores inside simon malls before.... I have no loyalty to the mall...

More then that just because the mall withdraws its support and a billionare cares more about money this does not stop the movement. Be strong, Be willing, be up for anything. So we have been thrown a curve ball so what. Let this not stop you..

PROTEST AMERICA!

PROTEST

If you see nothing wrong then stay home and watch tv. Enjoy your security and televised peace.

But if you see a problem, I if feel things are wrong, If you believe the USof A needs to make a fundamental change in its principles for the betterment of liberty and mankind then get outside on July 4th and scream from the highest hilltop THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM.

and be ready to do what ever is required to fix it!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds the irony in the fact that an Anti-Tax group would initially consider a protest supported at a mall?

Further irony, they will protest in a Public park paid for by....you guessed it...taxes.

And that the Mall owns the surrounding "private property."
What about their property rights? Against those too?

20,000 angry protestors = recipe for lawsuit.

Not to mention the source for this rubbish is a right wing blog.
Political baiting much?

Hot dog anyone?

Regards...KK

[edit on 24-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Good find. It seems to me they are worried that these TeaParties are gonna be larger and have more coverage. Backing out of deal like that shows who side he is on. Taking notes we are NWO.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

KK,
!

Well, since you did mention it, let's me get something off my chest that was eating me, despite my pledge to stay non-Partisan: The blogger needs a lesson in remedial apostrophe use. Sorry, pet peeve...

OK, carry on, flame throwers at ready!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Political baiting much?

I don't think the fact that this is being reported on a "right wing blog" changes the fact that their venue has been cancelled by a proven democratic supporter. You say "political baiting", but i'm not a republican, I just happen to HATE the amount of money the current administration, which happens to be democratic, is spending. I was just as pissed when Bush started this mess.

-E-

top topics

join