It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens dead' in Baghdad bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

'Dozens dead' in Baghdad bombing

news.bbc.co.uk

At least 69 people have been killed by a bomb blast in the eastern Sadr City area of Baghdad, Iraqi officials say.

Police said the device went off in a market place in the predominantly Shia area of the Iraqi capital.

More than 130 people were also reported to have been injured in the blast, one of the worst in Iraq this year.

It comes less than a week before US soldiers pull out of all Iraqi cities, a move the US said would not be affected by a recent surge in violence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have said it before and i will say it again.It doesn't matter if Iraq is not on the MSM's agenda much anymore...atleast here they dont talk about it much.They focus on Afghanistan and Pakistan.If anyone think this war is wrapped up they are fooling themselves.I simply think the tactics have changed...America doesn't have the means or capacity to simply wait anymore,the insurgents do and know that the generation scarred by the American invasion and the chaos that ensued are easy prey to make sure a new wave of fighters are ready.

The only lynchpin is the Iraqi army/police force and how well they can manage these sorts of situations without large support.Yes Iraq is largely quiet compared to what we have seen over the years,but when a sleeping army awakes chaos is inevitable.I dont think the Iraq war is done and dusted in the lightest imo.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join