It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Temple in my city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Okay, so I was walking down one of the biggest streets in my city and I noticed a new building.A masonic temple.

I saw their symbol on a wall first, and then the actual building.

It was built just recently, I'm sure, because I walk on that street very often, and I never saw it before a few days ago.

The thing that I'm most worried about is that they had a camera-like-looking thing infront of the door..Sooo yeaaa..I'm [SNIP]..

Anyway, I just wanted to inform u.I'm willing to take more pictures if any of u need any info, but I dont wanna play with fire too much.

Also, anything u need me to do, tell me, and let's hope I dont get beat up

Censor circumvention removed.

please read from the Terms And Conditions Of Use

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 24/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How about you just go to the door, knock, and ask about what you want to know. Its really not that hard or scary. Hell, I did it almost 2 years ago now.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
haha I dont think they'll be very friendly if I do that.What did u ask?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Probably something along the lines of what I asked. "Can I have a look around? I'd like to know more about Masonry."

Nobody's going to bite your head off for asking politely.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
To the OP, I took out the pictures and the quotes I didn't need to reply to:

Originally posted by Shake7
The thing that I'm most worried about is that they had a camera-like-looking thing infront of the door..Sooo yeaaa..I'm [SNIP]..

Anyway, I just wanted to inform u.I'm willing to take more pictures if any of u need any info, but I dont wanna play with fire too much.

Also, anything u need me to do, tell me, and let's hope I dont get beat up

You don't need to worry about the camera. I am only guessing, but I would say that camera is just to monitor who is at the front door. The Boise Masonic Temple has security measures, just as most who own property have some kind of security system.

There is nothing to fear from a camera. They won't go after you for taking pictures. It's public space. If you go to a Lodge early enough on the night of the meeting you can ask to look around. If you ask them they will probably let you take pictures. If they are in the meeting you can't go in for obvious reasons.

reply to post by Shake7

Why wouldn't they be friendly? Have you harassed them or something?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are Masonic lodges in almost every city in the country. We don't try to hide, in fact we are very proud of our buildings.

I love to give people tours of mine. We have tons of displays and artifacts. Our lodge was issued in 1857 and was hanging in the lodge when Abraham Lincoln used to use the lodge room to argue court cases!

In many cities you will find lodge signs at the city limit signs welcoming you to town, along with the Boy Scouts, Lion's Club, Rotary, Churches, etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's also possible that the building was used for another business and the Masons bought it and remodeled it.

No true Mason would ever beat you up. We don't beat people or kill them or eat them.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sooooo????

Looks like an interesting building.
Why the fervor???

I would truly be more concerned about that Baptist church around the corner...

Peace...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There's a Masonic Temple in practically every town in the United States.

From the pics, it seems the lodge is adjacent to at least one other building, which looks like a business of some sort. Are you saying that all of that was built in three days?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
We don't beat people or kill them or eat them.

Well...not since the 70s....[evil laugh]

top topics

join