It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House cancels July 4th invitation to Iranian diplomats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Agreed

Everybody is in the mix.

Nobody's hands are clean but when one side wants to point fingers at the other then not want to even consider the guilt of their own side then it's ignorant and plain dangerous.

Everybody has their hand in it aint nobody clean.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by john124

But you did say terrorists friend, you did. You said he had invited terrorists to diner.

And it wasn't mean to be an insult, I was simply making the point that people opt to use the word Terrorist for everything these days, and that's a dangerous piece of rhetoric to be throwing about since the Patriot Act.

I apologize if I offended you, but you said what you said.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/24/2009 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 6/24/2009 by tothetenthpower]

Don't you see the diplomats are associated with the regime so are therefore cut out of the same cloth.

I say the whole regime is a terrorist organisation. Not all terrorists directly do the killing, some do the planning and coordination. Quite often regime officials are ex-revolutionary guards, even Ahmadinejad. They terrorise the Iranian people for not obeying the supreme leader.

When Iran has a responsible government then the world has plenty to discuss with the diplomats. I don't see how the west can have reasonable discussion with anyone linked to this regime.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You obviously don't speak English, you're probably an Israeli or some other indoctrinated Western country that doesn't speak English. But, I just want you to know that you're inappropriately using the word terrorist, a government is not a terrorist organisation because it practices Dictatorship. Also, Iran has been reaching out to US diplomacy before the current president, America would not budge unless they get to completely have everything THEIR way. So, this is today's lesson in English, and a tip, don't use a word if you don't know its meaning. Kthnxbye?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

I will certainly agree with you on the subject of Iranian Propaganda, but the US does the same thing, they simply reverse the names.

It's a power struggle right now in the media to see who can make who look worse. And yes, Press TV is a crock, it's like the Middle East's Fox News.

~Keeper

I think Iranian leaders and supreme leaders, (barf), are doing a good job of looking bad without our news media.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Ah but clumping people like that and sticking labels is what starts wars in the first place my friend.

I don't mean to say that they arent' exempt from operating within a government that makes these deals and does these horrible things, but it doesn't make them terrorists.

By that logic George and Cheney were terrorists all along, and we allowed them to LIVE in the White House.

As I said, because of this whole term Terrorist and it's over-use were now seeing it being used in situations were it isn't and bringing up feelings, fears and angers that are misplaced.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is accused by Austria of being involved in a murder in Austria:

Austria to probe Ahmadinejad’s link to killing

Iranian president allegedly involved in Vienna murders

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah

Umm...if you have nothing to say, dont' say it at all? Were not the grammar police here or the English police. I think we would all appreciate a little tack in your posts friend.

Please add something to do the discussion instread of making accusations and dis-crediting another member without any sort of proof.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
[edit on 24-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Umm...if you have nothing to say, dont' say it at all? Were not the grammar police here or the English police. I think we would all appreciate a little tack in your posts friend.

Please add something to do the discussion instread of making accusations and dis-crediting another member without any sort of proof.

~Keeper

Look, I'm saying the same thing you said to him, in a more blunt term, get it? He is misusing the word terrorist, and there's nothing funny about that. Get off my back. I'm trying to help him understand his mistake, because the context in which he's using the world qualifies as disinformation and scaremongering. A dictatorship doesn't mean they're terrorists, what, you don't understand this concept either? jeez.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisYah

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by Kombatt98
reply to post by john124

and you sheeple fall for Murdoch and CIA's zionazi propaganda hook ,line and sinker

Well if that's true the CIA can cover up all their tracks really well because I don't see evidence of their actions here.

Are you just saying this is your opinion, because if it's not you will have a hard time trying to prove it.

On the other hand, I can explain exactly how Islamic propaganda works.... without putting a tin-foil hat on!!
Oh yes, and using something called "facts", you know.... not some dodge source full of garbage!

Have you wondered why hardly anyone agrees with you? Ummm let me see either you are really really brainy compared to everyone else, or your logic is just a tad faulty!

Which one is it?? Go on say you're so super smart and everyone else is dumb... does it make you feel special to think you know more than anyone else?

Here where? You mean your bunk in Israel? You aren't anymore educated on the facts, since you get it from television and Twitter. Talk to a real Iranian, and stop spouting crap. You're really trying too hard to push your Zionist agenda.

I do know real Iranian's... and guess what they are just like these protestors. They hate the regime and want it gone.

Do you think everyone you disagree with is Israeli! Christ man you are a delusional sufferer with paranoia. Zionist agenda... hmm where have I heard that before... oh yeah Islamic propaganda!!!!

If you can't win arguments, do you often just make silly accusations to deter the audience away from the fact that you don't even try to prove your point?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Iran police use tear gas, clubs to crush protest

BRIAN MURPHY

EDITOR'S NOTE: Iranian authorities have barred journalists for international news organizations from= A flood of security forces using tear gas and clubs quickly overwhelmed a small group of rock-throwing protesters near Iran's parliament Wednesday, and the country's supreme leader said the outcome of the disputed presidential election will stand — the latest signs of the government's growing confidence in quelling unrest on the streets.

As the election showdown has shifted, demonstrators are finding themselves increasingly scattered and struggling under a blanket crackdown that the wife of opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi compared to martial law. In Wednesday's clashes, thousands of police crushed hundreds of Mousavi supporters.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I have no problem with you attempting to get a point accross, but do it with some tact friend. No need to be "blunt" as you would put it.

And yes I understand that term and have conveyed it in an intelligent and respectful manner.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Okay, laugh laugh, but my point is you're misusing the word terrorist. And, I think I should at least try to get that point across. Don't do it again bud, disinformation is discouraged on this forum, and propaganda.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The less said about this comment the better.

It's funny how you are saying I don't speak English. I am English!
We invented the bloody language.

Anyway back to important matters. The Islamic regime operates using terrorist methods towards their own people, and other countries by funding terrorist activities. The brutality of organisations such as Hezbollah who the regime fund can be seen even in Iran as reports say arab speaking militias are beating the Iranian people.

I'm not even going to go into Israeli matters. That's their business, not mine.

So a terrorist organisation/entity is a more appropriate name for the regime.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ENOUGH, yes I shouted. Stop with the personal bickering. Discuss the topic, not the members. No further verbal warning will be given.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
OK to finalise this I agree that a more appropriate term to use would be "member of a terrorist organisation/entity" for the diplomat who would have come over for dinner.

It's funny how far this went just about one word.

If we restrict the word terrorist to those who actually carry out the killing that's fine with me. Although IMO I see little difference between both.

I respect the reasonable points made about that. Although you didn't have to go the long way round to get there. Not everyone is a western propaganda pusher.

There are propaganda on both sides of the coin, it's just that I see much more on the Islamic side than on our side. Others may see it the other way round. Let's just leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I prefer Extremist to Terrorist when it comes to the ones who plan and don't actually carry out these atrocious acts.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

I prefer Extremist to Terrorist when it comes to the ones who plan and don't actually carry out these atrocious acts.

~Keeper

Sure extremist is appropriate enough to call them.

But what if they have previously carried out terrorist attacks themselves?

I know you guys may have hated Bush for overusing the word terrorist. But don't let that make you too lenient.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

such things will end up worsening your relations with muslims . and hell you americans have death wish , do you want Russia to come conquer and finish you off huh. hell its the saudis/Gulf and the chinese who support your economy . go ahead , piss the world off and then watch what happens

I uh ..... I don't know where Russia comes into play...

Obama invites Iranians to a 4th of July party (because the Iranians are real into celebrating 4th of July you know) and not a single Iranian diplomat (these where sent to embassies) responds that they wish to attend the fellow US Embassies parties (in each respected Nation) .. Obama then says "Well we didn't want to be your friend anyways) and retracts the invites that no one wanted to attend....................................

And you turn that into Russia is going to nuke us.. or something..

reply to post by SLAYER69

I could just see the ignorant American diplomats offering the Iranians hot dogs, pork chops or BBQ ribs...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join