It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House cancels July 4th invitation to Iranian diplomats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

White House cancels July 4th invitation to Iranian diplomats

blogs.usatoday.com

The Obama administration has rescinded invitations to Iranian diplomats to attend July 4th celebrations, the White House said on Thursday, Reuters reports.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Iranian diplomats had in any case not replied to invitations already sent out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
About bloody time!

I knew beforehand it was a waste of time Obama having barbeque with these psychopaths.

The planning for this was a waste of US public tax payers money as well.

Obama is finally making some realisations about this regime. I wonder what Bush/Cheney are thinking to themselves now.

Now get the balls to criticise the Islamic regime and condemn them directly, not just their actions, but the regime itself. The world needs someone to take the lead, it's traditionally being the American president to do this for a long long time.

blogs.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Aww... no one wanted to come to Obama's party? That's sad...

I hope his next attempt at foreign relations goes better. Wife touched the queen, he invites Muslims to a celebration where the second most consumed meat is Pork..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Too bad. He could have kicked the little Iranian President/Scum's ass in a game of basketball.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This will do nothing but enrage the Iranian government.

I mean sure, it's warranted, Iran is being stupid, so Obama is cancelling his invite for a super party they're gonna have at the White House.

So what?

I don't really think they are going to care as much for the party as much as the slap in the face this is.

What's next, expulsion of Iranian Diplomats?

I guess Obama will be writing alot of letters this week.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Relations between the US,UK & Iran are rapidly going downhill, but it was an illusion that they were getting much better.

Obama has learnt his lesson - Not to invite terrorists around for dinner!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I find that statement a little un-educated. I don't understand why people continually insist that Iran is filled with terrorists. It's simply not true.

Those diplomats who were invited aren't terrorists. The people of Iran are not terrorists. The government are not terrorists. Mind you they are dictators, but there's a huge difference.

I'm really tired of people using the word "terrorist" out of context and lumping anybody who disagrees with the US in that category.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

stop wasting your time on propaganda infested people who are out to spread propaganda and lies for the corporate media and CIA

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by john124

I find that statement a little un-educated. I don't understand why people continually insist that Iran is filled with terrorists. It's simply not true.

Those diplomats who were invited aren't terrorists. The people of Iran are not terrorists. The government are not terrorists. Mind you they are dictators, but there's a huge difference.

I'm really tired of people using the word "terrorist" out of context and lumping anybody who disagrees with the US in that category.

~Keeper

Erm... excuse me, firstly the diplomats would have been sent by the Islamic regime itself, so are associated.

Secondly I never said all Iranian's are terrorists!

Thirdly, the government in Iran is illegal, and bases it's idealogy on murdering people indiscrimately for disagreeing with them.

Khamenei has even broken his own Islamic laws, and has the cheek to say protestors are breaking the law.

When Iran has a responsible government, most likely when it becomes a democracy, then it can play a part in world affairs and have dinner with world leaders. That was even my opinion before the Iran election. The regime funds terrorist organisations. Everyone in the regime is associated with terrorist actions.

It seems you're the one making an uneducated comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
reply to post by tothetenthpower

stop wasting your time on propaganda infested people who are out to spread propaganda and lies for the corporate media and CIA

Please explain what that means?

You conspiracy guys seem to fall for the Islamic regime propaganda hook line and sinker.

edit: sorry just have to add this - tothetenthpower uses strawman tactics and accusing me of saying something I didn't, and you then try and make a point from that to further discredit something I said. Come on.... that's really dumb.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I hope his next attempt at foreign relations goes better. Wife touched the queen, he invites Muslims to a celebration where the second most consumed meat is Pork..

I about fell out of my chair...
No Duh!

Pork OMG...

That was too funny.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

such things will end up worsening your relations with muslims . and hell you americans have death wish , do you want Russia to come conquer and finish you off huh. hell its the saudis/Gulf and the chinese who support your economy . go ahead , piss the world off and then watch what happens .

your nukes won't be able to save you , as russians have narrowband HPM weapons , in potentially terawatt and petawatt scale , and are the leaders and pioneers in HPM tech .

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

and you sheeple fall for Murdoch and CIA's zionazi propaganda hook ,line and sinker

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

and you sheeple fall for Murdoch and CIA's zionazi propaganda hook ,line and sinker

Well if that's true the CIA can cover up all their tracks really well because I don't see evidence of their actions here.

Are you just saying this is your opinion, because if it's not you will have a hard time trying to prove it.

On the other hand, I can explain exactly how Islamic propaganda works.... without putting a tin-foil hat on!!
Oh yes, and using something called "facts", you know.... not some dodge source full of garbage!

Have you wondered why hardly anyone agrees with you? Ummm let me see either you are really really brainy compared to everyone else, or your logic is just a tad faulty!

Which one is it?? Go on say you're so super smart and everyone else is dumb... does it make you feel special to think you know more than anyone else?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

reply to post by john124

Well if that's true the CIA can cover up all their tracks really well because I don't see evidence of their actions here.

Are you just saying this is your opinion, because if it's not you will have a hard time trying to prove it.

On the other hand, I can explain exactly how Islamic propaganda works.... without putting a tin-foil hat on!!

lol , like how CIA gave 400 million $ to destablise Iran

continue listening to your 'pravda' ,oops i mean western media as usual which is full of BS .

edit:
i know how western propaganda cAmpaigns are waged in third world .

don't worry most third worlders believe nothing coming from western media

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Kombatt98]

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Kombatt98]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

continue listening to your 'pravda' ,oops i mean western media as usual which is full of BS .

That's hasn't been proven.
That can very easily be Iranian propaganda not that you would care that you are spreading disinformation like their little lap dog.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

But you did say terrorists friend, you did. You said he had invited terrorists to diner.

And it wasn't mean to be an insult, I was simply making the point that people opt to use the word Terrorist for everything these days, and that's a dangerous piece of rhetoric to be throwing about since the Patriot Act.

I apologize if I offended you, but you said what you said.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/24/2009 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 6/24/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

such things will end up worsening your relations with muslims . and hell you americans have death wish , do you want Russia to come conquer and finish you off huh. hell its the saudis/Gulf and the chinese who support your economy . go ahead , piss the world off and then watch what happens .

your nukes won't be able to save you , as russians have narrowband HPM weapons , in potentially terawatt and petawatt scale , and are the leaders and pioneers in HPM tech .

Dont believe everything you SAY.

It's a scary place to live within ones own head isn't it?

China says North Korea a "serious concern"

www.reuters.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - China shares the region's "serious concerns" about a nuclear North Korea and urged all parties to keep negotiating, a senior Chinese military officer said Wednesday after talks with Pentagon officials.

Lieutenant-General Ma Xiaotian did not announce any new measures against Pyongyang, but said Beijing was concerned about North Korea, which staged a second nuclear test on May 25, prompting new U.N. sanctions.

"For the regional security of northeast Asia, the North Korean nuclear issue is not only a serious concern for the United States and neighboring South Korea a

China working with US to avoid sea confrontations

BEIJING (AP) — The Chinese and U.S. militaries will work together to avoid confrontations at sea that have sparked worries of a crisis in overall relations, a top Chinese military officer said Wednesday.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That's hasn't been proven.
That can very easily be Iranian propaganda not that you would care that you are spreading disinformation like their little lap dog.

Yes conspiracy theorists lap up Islamic propaganda like it's breakfast. They start off with a premise that the 'ol USA is bad! And then assume all Islamic news in correct!

Hmm my dog has more sound logic than that.

Of course I don't doubt CIA does have involvement elsewhere and Iran in the past. There is evidence for that. But that does not constitute as evidence for current involvement.

We've seen the Iranian islamic regime news media even lie about statements the guardian council said about polling discrepancies. They said on presstv they were looking into it, yet actually they only said the discrepancies have no effect on who won so stuff you Mousavi.

They back-tracked to cover up a lie, and made sure the new doctored figures didn't effect who won in order to trick the western media and the Iranian people in order to buy more time. It's standard regime tactics. If you studied how they operate you will see this time and time again.

I saw one presstv report stating "Obama says protestor violence must stop". I thought ehhh!! Obama said violence against protestors must stop. They even put this fake translation on their state tv. They talk out of their ar*e.

From Wikipedia.

Press TV is an English language international television news channel which is funded by the Iranian government.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I will certainly agree with you on the subject of Iranian Propaganda, but the US does the same thing, they simply reverse the names.

It's a power struggle right now in the media to see who can make who look worse. And yes, Press TV is a crock, it's like the Middle East's Fox News.

~Keeper

<<   2  3 >>

join