It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God should know that a constantly advancing race would find out the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
so what is the point to it all? We will eventually find out and discover answers to the secrets of the universe

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Some of us, myself included, think that we already know the truth. That we knew the truth a long time ago, before we ever came here. That we knowingly allowed a veil to be placed over our eyes so that we could prove our love for our creator, without the benefit of cosmic truth.

On math tests back in school, they wouldn't let us use calculators. We had to know how to do it the long, old, boring way.

Same thing here I think. Yeah, we will get to the truth, the long way. Do you think that if you had all the answers when you were born that you would care to go on any sort of spiritual journey? What is the motivation to learn and grow if we know it all already?

Yeah, I think he knows we will get it, if that is what is in store for us as individuals, but without us doing it ourselves, because we want to, what is it worth?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If God is indeed infinite, and the Universe is indeed infinite, than what's to say there is one unifying secret that ties everything together? Maybe there is no secret at all, and our only point of being here is to exsist. No path except the one we make for ourselves. No road to follow because we are still paving it.

I personally think that the only thing tying everything together is that we are all God, each and every proton electron and neutron is part of God. Not in a biblical sense or relgious sense. If God is infinite, we can never fully grasp It, because our brain does have a finite capacity for knowledge and understanding. In the future our brains may become aware of more and more, but we will never be truely infinite, such as God is. All we can ever do is put a human face on an intangible God.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
so what is the point to it all? We will eventually find out and discover answers to the secrets of the universe

Perhaps knowing everything is not the same as Experiencing everything?

How do you know that you are not a God who has choosen to forget everything to experience knowledge in reality?

I would love to be able to play a game of Mario World, where I actually have the power to enter the game as a character, forgetting who I am, until i have the game completed (to make it as real as possible). I guess if I had God Powers I could do that! No? Of course level one would be mayhem the first few goes, depending on your experience with the game.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Maybe He/She wants us to find out. Maybe he/she is just waiting for us to find out before we destroy ourselves. I mean if I created life, and it advanced, I would want them to find out how they were created and why, it would just make life that much more statisfing(sp?). Thats how I see it being.

top topics

join