It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time For The Right To Quit Playing The Morality Card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok enough is enough. Governor Sanford has now come out and admitted to an affair. The left wing media will be ALL over this story and really rightfully so. Unlike the left the right claims the morality/religious card and time and time again we see that just like us all they are human also. So why continue to play the morality/religious card when at the end of the day there isn’t morality there is just being human and we ALL can make those mistakes. I’m sick of the hypocrisy coming out of the right not only on social issues like this but fiscal issues also. Drop the religious front and get back to good old fashion small government policies.

Larry Craig
John Ensign
Gov Sanford
Catholic Church's
Mark Foley...
That Evangelical guy cant remember his name...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There are lists of Dems who have cheated as well but...the hypocrisy of claiming to be one thing and acting another is the clincher for most people.

His presser was reminiscent of Swaggert. Crocodile tears because he got caught and all of the cliche religious-right words of remorse.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
There are lists of Dems who have cheated as well but...the hypocrisy of claiming to be one thing and acting another is the clincher for most people.

His presser was reminiscent of Swaggert. Crocodile tears because he got caught and all of the cliche religious-right words of remorse.

Oh no doubt the Dems cheat also but the right claims the morality card. That is the difference. They claim family values and over and over again we see these hypocrites in action. BTW I dont think he should resign. Liking sex should not make you have to resign and this is a personal issue. I feel this way about him just like I did Clinton and Spitzer....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
I dont think he should resign. Liking sex should not make you have to resign and this is a personal issue.

unless he ran on family values, in which case te electorate aren't getting what they voted for. if he said "i stand for family values" and then didn't, he needs to stand down.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't think he should resign for the affair. I think he should resign for not meeting his responsibility to South Carolina for the past five days and misleading people.

As far as I know, neither Guilliani, Spitzer, Mcgreevy or Ensign failed to meet their obligation to their constituents by leaving them in a lurch.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I find both parties to be complete morality-card playing hypocrites. The difference is the Right plays with moral codes that are bad, while the Left manipulates with a good moral code.

The Right is self-righteous religiously, the Left has a more secular brand of self-righteousness.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Is it not interesting that the ones shouting for morality are caught doing what they detest so much??

Yes bursting their bubble a bit there isnt it? Yet we continue on letting these conniving and lying arses run things.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wclv13

Is it not interesting that the ones shouting for morality are caught doing what they detest so much??

Yes bursting their bubble a bit there isnt it? Yet we continue on letting these conniving and lying arses run things.

Thats why I created the thread. Enough is enough get off the morality card. We all have our own houses and they should be private issues...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
As much as I sigh at the site of the GOP politicians and the sheer hypocrisy of them all, I dont think elected officials should be forced to resign over what is a private matter. Leave that to the voters come next elections.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What the OP is suggesting is that "Right" give up their ideals.

Everyone knows that all humans are subject to the same urges and tendencies. The difference between some folks and other folks is that some endeavor to live up to a higher standard.

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Isaiah 53:6

bible.cc...

Wesley's Notes

53:6 We - All mankind. Astray - From God. Have turned - In general, to the way of sin, which may well be called a man's own way, because sin is natural to us, inherent in us, born with us; and in particular, to those several paths, which several men chuse [sic], according to their different opinions, and circumstances.

bible.cc...

Morality does not make us better in our basic nature. Morality defines standards for behavior to which we aspire throughout our lives.

[edit on 2009/6/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
What the OP is suggesting is that "Right" give up their ideals.

No Im not saying that at all. You can have your set of morals, values, and religion without making it a talking point or campaign slogan. Be like my man Ron Paul he's been married for 30 + years to his wife faithfully and has a few successful children. You dont see him preaching morality or "family values" he does his preaching in his actions and not his campaign slogans. So keep your morality just keep your morality our of politics. I have seen some "moral" "faithful" people be really crappy politicians and vice versa.

BTW as I said earlier unless he used tax dollars to fund his affairs he should not resign...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

There will always be those voters who look at a politicians life in its totality as measure of his suitability for office.

I personally believe that we cannot compartmentalize our morality. If a man is flagrantly unfaithful or dishonest in his personal affairs, it is not very likely that he will be more honest in his public affairs.

It might be true of some, but when it comes to judging a persons future behavior, his past behavior is about all there is to go on, except promises.

So, I believe that high ideals are important and I like those who espouse high ideals and strive to live up to them.

Therefore, I don't believe that anyone should give up the morality card, as you call it. I am not advocating pomposity, but rather a publicly acknowledged system of moral values.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

It is *not* time to, as you put it, stop playing the morality/religion card. The way our country is going, we need stronger morals now more than ever.

We are humans and prone to fail, but that does not mean we should not strive for the highest and best.

new topics

top topics

join