It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO with contrail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
i just received this pic

f.imagehost.org...

the guy who sent it said that the object was stationary fora bout 30 seconds then it started to move very slow, he took this one pic and the object then vanished...

but...

when i zoomed pic, i found something

f.imagehost.org...

f.imagehost.org...

the object is round, its not a plane, there are no two contrails, the contrail is short unlike plane contrails, and the object looks just like this

www.geocities.com...

www.freewebs.com...

ufocasebook.com...

www.rumormillnews.com...

the pic was taken in the south of Serbia, in a mountain range called Prvonek

object appeared at 6.00 pm and was visible about 30 secs, it appeared suddenly, and then dissapeared, so its definetely not a plane...

the day was really hot and the sky was clear and without any clouds, so the cloud theory is off

in Serbia there are no meteo balloons of type used in USA, so the balloon theory is off

i zoomed this pic with several image enhancement software and YES, it appears that the object is round, disc shaped...

so what do you think?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by deejayiwan]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Pics and videos can be so easily editted these days, it does look convincing though.

Could be a UFO.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is an out of focus image. Not very unfocused, but enough to distort the image. Camera electronics haven't focus exactly to infinite, and this could happen in camera's where focus is automatic, in circumstances where there are not enough (contrasted) details in the image to aquire the focus well. This is one kind of situation.
And that is a plane with sun shining on it's body. But beeing out of focus, small and bright points of light, became BOKEH, airy disks, and bokeh ussually reflect the iris shape of the camera (or other internal shapes of the protundings inside the lens). If you look better, you can see that the shape of the "object" is hexagonal, because iris (diafragm) of the camera (consumer camera) ussualy has 6 blades.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
According to EXIF data, the photo was taken on June 14, 2009 8:04:02PM (timezone not specified) with a BenQ DC C750:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1a8c0e1587a3827d.jpg[/atsimg]
here is it
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/283b68252a50ac71.png[/atsimg]
the exposure time is
at first glance, i would have said meteor or re-entering debris, but it looks less bright than i would expect, see this example:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/70bfe39600362481.jpg[/atsimg]
besides, the author of the pic stated:

the object was stationary for about 30 seconds then it started to move very slow, he took this one pic and the object then vanished...

this would rule out a meteor (in order to look stationary it should be vary far) but what we see in the photo looks sharp: has this phenomenon been osserved by someone else?
The more we know, the better we can do.
It's not the ISS, it's not a bug, it's not a bird, it's not chinese lantern, it's not Ball lightning, it's not swamp gas, it's not a blimp, it's not a weather balloon, it's not as plane, it's not an helicopter, etcetera..
It would also be nice to find a better resolution of the image, but it seems that 800 x 600 is its setting, when the photo was taken.

(edit to add pic)

Ah, found the location:
www.maplandia.com...
On Google Maps
then it would be Central European Summer Time = GMT+2 .
wwp.greenwichmeantime.com...

Thank you for sharing this nice pic

[edit on 24/6/2009 by internos]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
It's not the ISS, it's not a bug, it's not a bird, it's not chinese lantern, it's not Ball lightning, it's not swamp gas, it's not a blimp, it's not a weather balloon, it's not as plane, it's not an helicopter, etcetera..

I didn't bet if i were you it it was not a plain

I've explained above why it could be a plane.

And here are examples taken with different camera, by a guy which i know him, and he knows what he shot: a plain!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43cff9222f68.jpg[/atsimg]

Taken from here: www.rufon.org...

forget the language (romanian), but see the pictures (or try google translate).

Of course, different camera, different bokeh. Yet, "donuts"

On that topic there are other examples of how "strange" an airplane can appear.

Here is one of my personal photo as an example of other kind "strangeness". A sun glint on it's body, but no body seen at all (invisible aircraft?
) . Yet, i know what i photographed, it was an ordinary plain:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd40af722497.jpg[/atsimg]

Because, distant plains, in different environment, perspective, ilumination, and camera settings, can appear very strange.

[edit on 24/6/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

It's a possible explanation, and perfectly consistent with what we see. But that would imply that the photo is a hoax, or a deliberate misinterpretation not by the OP but by the uthor of the photo. The lack of some grounded points of references is another point for you. Yes, i think that it could be an out of focus airplane, i saw also other examples: but the witness stated that it was static

This is why i ask if someone else observed the event
as it has been described, it should have been seen and reported, if it was that exceptional event. In absence of reports, the photo itself is inconclusive.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It's a possible explanation, and perfectly consistent with what we see. But that would imply that the photo is a hoax, or a deliberate misinterpretation not by the OP but by the author of the photo.

In my opinion, the "normal rule" is that indeed people make hoaxes or at least are confused. Human nature and/or lack of similar experience/knowledge.

Of course, we shoud take the non-guilty approach, that's why i agree with you:

In absence of reports, the photo itself is inconclusive.

Yes, inconclusive and here it not smells very well.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That is a very interesting picture. What it does resemble is the vapor cone that is created when an aircraft exceeds the speed of sound.

YouTube F-18 Going Supersonic

Picture of Supersonic F-18

I'm not saying that it couldn't be a UFO. I'm just saying that it could have a rational explanation.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
WOW GOOD RESEARCH GUYS

but , i mentioned few things in the post

1 - guy who shot it said that it APPEARED suddenly, so how it can be a plane?
he said that they watched the sky and it appeared at once,

2 - the sighting was only about 30 secs

3 - so how a plane can cross the sky in only 30 secs?

4- unless....it was an supersonic flight, above 1400mph

so- plane, military plane, or UFO?

this is becoming really interesting

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
the object was seen by 6 people, they all said the same

appeared suddenly

it lit up, started to move, show contrail

then wanished

it could not be a plane because it will have to fly at constant speed across WHOLE sky, not just 30 sec

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
and YES, it was STATIONARY for about 20 secs and it moved about 10 secs

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If I had to pass judgment so far, I would say that the guy took a photo of something normal, then later on "remembered" things about it that made it seem unusual. He may or may not have "remembered" these details on purpose, human nature will play mind games on you. I suspect a combination of wanting to see something strange then being presented with an opportunity to see something strange.

Either way, the photo is inconsistent, completely, with the observer's recollection of the sighting. So it is a dead issue.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

It could have possibly caught the sunlight when it reached a certain point in the sky.

Similar to when we see clouds lit up after the sun goes down.

Here's an example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e2ebcc42200.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by deejayiwan
it could not be a plane because it will have to fly at constant speed across WHOLE sky, not just 30 sec

Rubbish!

Why would it have to be a "consistent apparent motion"? Don't you know that perspective affects apparent motion?

What if the aircraft made a 90 degree turn and was heading directly towards you? Would it still appear to move then? NO!

Try standing on a long straight section railway track when a train is tomming towards you. You can move out of the way once you see apparent sideways motion. Good luck!

This "UFO" is almost certainly an aircraft IMHO.

new topics

top topics

join