It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Light Up My Life writer accused of NYC rapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You Light Up My Life writer accused of NYC rapes

www.theage.com.au

The Oscar-winning songwriter and director behind You Light Up My Life has appeared in court on charges he lured women to New York City and raped and sexually assaulted them.

Joseph Brooks pleaded not guilty on Tuesday in Manhattan's state Supreme Court.

A 91-count indictment accuses him of rape, criminal sexual act, sexual abuse, assault and other offences.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have to admit that I was not only a jerk in my youth but I also enjoyed the song "You Light Up My Life" lol. I've always known that their was a directors couch within the movie and music industry but "Damn" 91 counts of rape and sexual abuse. I remember hearing that Steve Sequel even had to settle out of court due to messing around like that. Hmm

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The composer of the song can sing sing along when in prison doing time.

And I hope he gets life... Or more...

peace

EDIT: Rams if this video makes ya mad just shoot me, just shoot me a U2U and let me know and I'll take it out.
I'm not trying to make light of the issue I'm jut so sick of hearing of rape and atrocities every single day I just snapped a bit.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Oh my ... for the love of PETE!!!

File this under I for Ironic....

Nice find...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Thanks "Hunka", I just pull a cold one for ya right out of the fridge. By the way thanks for the other comment on the Picture taking thread, I had to do a fullow up and it was nice to see that some good did come of the story getting out. I think?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Uh how about innocent until proven guilty anyone?

Doesn't the freaking rule of law count for anything anymore or are people that are accused of a crime automatically guilty before having to prove their own innocence?

Can we at least wait for the verdict to come in before sharpening our pitchforks and lighting our torches?

top topics

join