It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best optical ilusion I have seen!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Always clockwise for me. This is an oldie.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Have a look at this website they have loads of cool illusions

www.michaelbach.de...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is your picture supposed to do something? It just sits there.

Move your eyes around and you will see!

-E-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here's one I made using the same 3 colours in photoshop. You clearly see that there appears to be both a blue and a green colour.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/452161e10dfb.jpg[/atsimg]

However they are both #4cd7ba.
Depending on which red that surrounds it it displays differently.
#ff6f79 makes for green and #f50fa7 for a blue tint to the colour.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

I wonder if maybe I'm doing optical illusions like that when I do web page graphics. I pretty much only do buttons and bars etc, but when I turn them into "3d" buttons, I use tricks like that.

For example, when I make a splitter between 2 buttons, I use 2 or 3 lines of color. I'll do a white line, and black line. It ends up looking like the black part is flat, and the white line blends in the the color/gradient of the button and creates and edge with a bit of light on the button itself. Then sometimes I'll add a 3rd line after the black line if I want to give the black line more depth/space between buttons. It'll be a light grey. It creates the same edge effect as the white line, but not as bright so it gives the light a "direction" effect.

It doesn't matter what colors I use for the buttons themselves, the effect stays the same. It's really nothing more than the 3 lines, but because of the "bleeding" illusion, they always blend in perfectly. You don't really see it as a white line, you see it as a lighter color of the button.

I never even thought of it as being an optical illusion.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I find the man appearing to stand top left of the image much more freaky. Btw is it a loop repeating rather than the mask moving round and round?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Yes that man is a bit strange lol,

It is not a loop but a mask on a motor rotating unstopped.

A very good and interesting phenomina given the way supposed "Hallucinators" see it...

Kind regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is your picture supposed to do something? It just sits there.

Every circle except the one I look at appears to rotate to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ugh...that one drove me insane the first time I saw it. I always see it going clockwise, and can not see it going in the other direction no matter what I do.

I've even taken the flash file apart, and gone through it frame by frame. Blocked out certain parts of the body, different ways of squinting my eyes, etc.

And then my girlfriend comes up behind me, and after 2 minutes says she can make it spin both ways...argh!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Heres one that gives you trippy vision for 10 seconds or so.

you have to watch it all though and stare into the center.

Dont worry, its not one of those jumpy joke ones.

It is better in big screen view though - www.youtube.com...

[edit on 29/6/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
cant be bothered to read al posts so sorry if this has been mnentioned. The illusion exists the fact that one colour can look different when another colour is applied to either side of it is the foundation on how television works. Televisions monitors etc only use 3 primary colours and if u examine the screen carefully you will see this. When the colour black is displayed on screen , if u look carefully u will find its made up of of 3 colours.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Its been awhile since I have checked out any of the new age optical ilusions out and about!!!

I have such a deep love for these optical ilusions!!! It just goes to show you that what your eyes see and your mind decodes is not always the end all truth to what might be and what might not be..

Its further proof that the human mind is set in a logical loop.. And we are so young that it pains me to know that people run around this world and honestly think they know whats going on..

We don't have a clue in the big picture.. But its all good.. its still fun, and makes our lives seem worth while.. In the short time we are here..

Great optical ilusions everyone! I enjoyed myself very much..

Now that my eyes feel like they are spinning.. Going to go outside for a bit.. lol

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What the heck, people are saying that the OPs picture are two different colours but they're not I just checked. Wow, wtf? How does this work.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/748ff65488e4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
What the heck, people are saying that the OPs picture are two different colours but they're not I just checked. Wow, wtf? How does this work.

Did you watch the video? The pic in the OP is converted from a .gif to a .jpg, which creates color dithering. I explained all of this already. Go back and try what ever test you tried on the .gif pic as I stated in the OP.

-E-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I remember that one. I always see her spinning counter clockwise starting off, and I end up giving myself motion sickness trying to get her to spin the other way.

That is, until I look at the top edge of the picture, then she starts spinning clockwise for me.

Weird weird, weird. Don't understand why hippies took all those drugs to see freaky stuff when you got things like this that will send the sober mind on a loop!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Here is another one which I'm sure you have seen before.

Which way does she rotate for you. With some practice, you can make her spin in different directions at will. Or you can try looking at one of the edges of the pictures to get her to spin in a different direction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac85845642f6.gif[/atsimg]

This one is by far the most amusing. I only got it to flip once, while my wife kept seeing it counter-clockwise, i was seeing it clockwise.
Which way does she really spin or how is the illusion created?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I see her turning clockwise. How are you people seeing it turn counter-clockwise? It's obliviously turning clockwise.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Originally posted by Nventual

Did you watch the video? The pic in the OP is converted from a .gif to a .jpg, which creates color dithering. I explained all of this already. Go back and try what ever test you tried on the .gif pic as I stated in the OP.

-E-

I didn't use the OP pic. I downloaded the PNG version from the website linked and checked in GIMP and they were the exact same colour.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Always clockwise for me. This is an oldie.

I found a way to change the spinning direction easily.

Look away, tell yourself that she is spinning clockwise, fully believe it, then look at the pic.

Now look away again, tell yourself she is spinning anti-clockwise, fully believe it, then look at the pic.

Effortless

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join