It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Who Scrambled Jets on 911 Killed in DC Train Crash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For the sake of the Conspiracy, the bodies could have been added to the "rising number" from "somewhere else".

High ranking general riding in a metro

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IrvingTheExplainer

Only 9 out of 76 killed and one was the General Who Scrambled Jets on 911? He might have been a really good witness at the Treason Trials. Where was his limousine which high ranking Generals usually enjoy? And why would he take his wife on a metro?

With nine people dead and 76 sent to area hospitals -- some of whom are critically injured -- the accident site remained a rescue scene Tuesday, with a crane and cadaver dogs brought in to find people who were possibly still trapped on the trains.

Today investigators said the two trains that collided were likely being run by computers that control speed and braking. Officials said Metro trains travel above sensors along the rail that can automatically detect when trains are getting too close to one another. The computerized systems stops them from coming within 1,200 feet of each other, and investigators need to find out why it didn't work.

"What causes us concern the most is the fact that this was not supposed to happen," said Jackie Jeter, president of Amalgamated Transit Union Local 689 today. "There are safety mechanisms that are on place on the trains to prevent this type of accident. And, for me, as president of the union and as a train operator, I have to wonder why didn't those safety mechanisms kick in and prevent it."

It's still not clear whether the crash was the result of an operator error, a train malfunction, or a problem in the computer system.

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 6/23/09 by SPreston]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

High ranking general?I don't know too many National Guard generals who rate a limo. I think someone has seen too many movies. He was retired and he was riding the metro with his wife. conspiracy?

Does everyone who die have to be a conspiracy? When Steven JOnes dies, years from now, will that be conspiracy???

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain

All I said was "s & f 4 u"

Why is that off topic ?

Anyway, my gut tells me this is significant news.

Is that better, mods ?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
1. A train crash isn't a very good way to kill somebody. In addition to having to sabotage a lot of stuff to make sure it happens, another poster made the excellent point that it would be difficult to make sure the General was sitting in the right place to actually be in danger.

On the other hand... maybe they were just trying to scare him, and the train crash was more violent than expected?

2. There's not much of a motive. All this guy did was scramble some jets, and there wasn't any indication that he was about to talk.

On the other hand... maybe he was making some threats to reveal something behind the scenes?

My gut feeling: This was just a tragic accident. If the guys behind 9/11 were behind his death, the trains wouldn't have wrecked. They'd have been "attacked by terrorists."

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
Here is an interesting blog that I found in regards to Wherley's role on 9/11. See number 5 in particular.

shoestring911.blogspot.com...

Supporting Evidence! Cool.

It's one thing to call this an accident, another to call it conspiracy, either way there should be something to support either side of the argument... and CINY8 has put a big bold check mark in the conspiracy column.

That one post made this thread sticky. Everything else so far is he said, she said.

Come on "Diggers", dig. What else is there to support the notion that this wasn't an accident?

What about probability? What are the chances, odds or likelihood that of the 2 men and of the 7 women I've read lost their lives, the General and his pillow talk partner would make the short list?

So far, this fellow, Pablo Dreyfus and Ronald Dreyer on the Air France plane who were anti-arms/drug trafficking proponents and Beverly Eckert widow of a 9/11 victim, make 3.

3 "accidents" in 6 months where the victim list makes you go hmmm...

3 is not all, but it's all I can recall. I bet some of you ATS'ers can name others.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Bio of MAJOR GENERAL DAVID F. WHERLEY, JR.
www.ngb.army.mil...

Something weird?

DC National Guard
Emergency Response
Manager(s): Major General David F. Wherley, Jr.
Supervisor(s): Major General David F. Wherley, Jr

oca.dc.gov...
how can you be the manager and your own supervisor?

AND

Friday, November 5, 2004

NEWARK -- In a letter today to Major General David F. Wherley, Jr., the Commanding General of the District of Columbia National Guard, Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) requested immediate suspension of all activities by the DC Air National Guard in New Jersey until an investigation of the Wednesday night incident is completed. Lautenberg also asked the General for a meeting to discuss the circumstances surrounding the F-16 attack on Little Egg Harbor Intermediate School.

In the letter to General Wherley, Lautenberg stated: "The actions of the pilot -- whether accidental or not -- are totally incomprehensible, and I therefore ask that the District of Columbia Air National Guard suspend all training operations in the state of New Jersey until this matter has been fully investigated."

While practice missions at the Warren Grove Gunnery Range have been temporarily suspended, it is unclear if the DC Air National Guard -- whose primary mission is to patrol Washington, DC -- will continue to train in and around New Jersey.

Lautenberg also wrote the General: "I ask that your prompt review produce a complete explanation of the circumstances, including a remedy that will absolutely guarantee that nothing like this can ever happen again."

lautenberg.senate.gov...

and there's lots more on google

a plot or just a coincidence?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Please... This is ridiculous. If the CIA wanted to snuff someone do you think they would take a chance that maybe, if they collided these two trains during rush hour, that maybe... just maybe, this guy will die?

I dont think so

More likely, they would break into his house and inject him with a syringe full of air and give him a heart attack and not cover it on the news (since they control that as well..
)

As time goes on more and more people involved with 9/11 are going to die. Eventually they all are going to die. It doesnt mean a thing other than life's grand scheme has played out. Relax everyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If murder was the motive and they wanted to make it happen on a train why not something a little more subtle like "murder on the Orient Express"? That was a good plot and spawned a couple of 1962 movies, one titled "Phoney Express" and another titled "From Russia with love". 1962 was the last year the Orient Express operated, its heyday was back in the 1930s when there was all kinds of covert action going on board with diplomats and Curriers traveling across Europe.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't see what the guy did on 9/11 that was so spectacular. He scrambled some jets but they were not armed. Here is a summary he gave to the 9/11 commission. I see no conspiracy.

Wherley then talked to another Secret Service agent, Becky Editor. Speaking for the Vice President, she asked General Wherley to put aircraft over DC with orders to intercept any aircraft that approached within any 20 miles of the city and turn that aircraft around. If the aircraft
would not change course, the interceptor should use "any force necessary" to keep that aircraft from crashing into a building. Wherley asked if there was anybody in a uniform around there he could talk to. Editor alluded to a Navy captain who was busy on other matters, but said no one was available. Wherley felt the instructions were not in military terms, but were understandable enough.

PDF FILE 2 Pages

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is a typical accident from every country that has metro

years ago there was a big one in mexico

last year was one here in chile...no casualties

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This rates up there with why use jets to bring down buildings that you have set to come down with explosives. Blame it on a truck bomb...it is logistically and operationally haphazard.

If someone, anyone, wanted to kill him, they would have thrown him off the boat in the Alaska cruise picture that is circulating with his wife on MSM. This way you are in international waters and it is an accident.

It is sad that he will not be honored as the one that gave the final order to take down 93 so it would not hit DC even though the planes had no weapons....that is a conspiracy. the only ones lefe would be Cheney and Mineta....

[edit on 24-6-2009 by esdad71]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Does everyone who die have to be a conspiracy?

If you are paranoid, then yes, everything is a conspiracy. If you ever go out in public with your wife; then that is a conspiracy as well.

It is up to you to prove to me that he was not murdered.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Classified Info]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by star in a jar

OH! And, this is a biggie, D) Know where the General, and his wife, were sitting --- in a SIX CAR train!!!

In my mind, that isn't that much of an issue in comparison to other issues. Someone watching him could just relay that information.

Or, more unlikely due to technological constraints, track a GPS device.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Agreed, when I originally read this article on yahoo I just thought "Of course, that seems about right"

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Latest bit to chomp on:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Seems like the FBI is always in the middle of something mysterious.

So why were FBI agents at the DC Metro scene? Is this normal FBI jurisdiction? Of course not. However, if the General and his wife were actual targets, then perhaps the FBI (considering their extensive involvement in 9-11) might need to be there to ensure the mission went smoothly.

Perhaps they had a covert team there placing the bodies to appear like two important senior citizens were actually riding the Metro during rush hour. Maybe FEMA was helping out also.

Two FBI agents are at the scene, News4's Jackie Bensen reported. The FBI agents are at the scene to provide mutual aid and support, like evidence recovery or technical equipment, according to a spokesperson from the Washington field office. Nothing indicates criminal activity.

Federal authorities had no indication of any terrorism connection, Homeland Security Department spokeswoman Amy Kudwa said less than two hours after the crash.

"I don't know the reason for this accident," Catoe said. "I would still say the system is safe, but we've had an incident."

The National Transportation Safety Board took charge of the investigation and sent a team to the site of the accident. D.C. police and the FBI also had investigators at the scene to help search the wreckage for any overlooked injured or dead passengers and evidence.

www.nbcwashington.com...

Then perhaps this month of June Vigilant Guard 09 / FEMA national-level emergency response exercise had something to do with it. Isn't it odd how so many military training exercises coincidentally happen during disasters?

Hmmmm. Looks like we may lose a city to a biological attack this year, and perhaps another city to attacks by packs of rabid animals.

Fear not; the FBI and FEMA will be there to 'handle' it.

Guard plans summer exercises

Vigilant Guard 09 is a seven-day, multi-state, multi-site simulation, which includes a series of training exercises designed to enhance operational relationships witin FEMA Region VII.

Exercise elements will include a train derailment, response to a foreign animal disease, and support to state agencies due to a manmade, biological release. The purpose of the training event is to identify gaps which may exist between civilian, governmental and military response organizations from participating states. Vigilant Guard 09 is a component of Ardent Sentry 2009 (AS09), a national-level emergency response exercise.

www.globegazette.com...

[edit on 6/25/09 by SPreston]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
Can you imagine the public inquest into 9/11 now?

"So Mr Conspiracy man, who would you like to bring to the stand?"
" The General who was responsible for scrambling jets on 9/11"
"Ohhhhh you want the dead guy to speak? Awww that isn't possible, now please just accept what we tell you"

But to be honest, this could just be down to coincidence. It's more than likely the poor SOB was in the wrong place at the wrong time. As were the other passengers.

Yeah, I used to believe in coincidence at one time in my life. I still do when it truly is one. When it's one here and one there about different subjects. However, when it adds to the hundreds of other coincidences about this one event, well, I'm sorry. He was shut up permanently. Then again, it could just be coincidence.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

Perhaps they had a covert team there placing the bodies to appear like two important senior citizens were actually riding the Metro during rush hour. Maybe FEMA was helping out also.

Oh! My! Gawd!

Once again, Watson, you've cracked the case! Bravo, man!

Of course, everyone knows the FBI would normally not be bothered to show up to an accident involving a mass transit system in the Nation's Capital. Certainly, because they have better things to do in their offices than drive a few miles to the accident scene. I mean, do you know how long it takes to shred all of those 9/11 documents??? They've been doing it 'round the clock for nearly eight years...almost done...but this pesky Metro accident is slowing them down.

Agent Thomas:

"Smith! You and Jones get that body bag, you, Williams and Owens, you take the other one. Now, try to look casual as you carry them into the accident scene, don't make anyone suspicious. And, for Chissakes, remember to remove the bodies from the bags this time!!! Oh, and do I have to also remind you to take the bags with you, too?? Sheesh, it's like working with the Keystone Kops, here!"

Yup!! That's certainly how it must have happened. Amazing, too, how those clever, clever FBI agents were able to clamber up to the wrecked train car that was on top of the other train car to place the bodies into it...given also that the car was crushed and crumpled.

Darn!! Preston, you ARE good! Kudos for such brilliant work, exposing the frauds at FBI!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join