It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Who Scrambled Jets on 911 Killed in DC Train Crash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just saw this on abcnews.com:

blogs.abcnews.com...

Not sure if there's anything to make of it, but I figured someone on here might read something into it...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
All I can say is...

Hmmmm

This gets curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The plot thickens.

To be honest, nothing is impossible.
If the US government is prepared to bring down towers, and kill thousands of its own citizens, this is peanuts to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow. I've said it before and I'm saying it again - You cannot make this stuff up!!

I'm sure he would have details on whether the scramble was authentic or feigned.

So many 9/11 coincidences...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Can you imagine the public inquest into 9/11 now?

"So Mr Conspiracy man, who would you like to bring to the stand?"
" The General who was responsible for scrambling jets on 9/11"
"Ohhhhh you want the dead guy to speak? Awww that isn't possible, now please just accept what we tell you"

But to be honest, this could just be down to coincidence. It's more than likely the poor SOB was in the wrong place at the wrong time. As were the other passengers.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC

But to be honest, this could just be down to coincidence. It's more than likely the poor SOB was in the wrong place at the wrong time. As were the other passengers.

they way the world is moving at such a fast pace now with these Global Elite NWO Takeover there are no longer such things as coincidence, everything is a well thought out, choreographed move, this is there game.. they are making the moves and there checkmate is coming a lot sooner then anyone could anticipate

the sad truths

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IrvingTheExplainer

Well, the photo in the article at least answered one question I had. Although I live here, haven't been seeing clear pictures of the track layout, local news is all about scooping each other, and light on analysis.

I have a nodding acquaintance and familiarity with Metro, and how it operates. Actually, it has a cousin, BART in San Francisco.

But, back to my point: I see this as a tragic accident, likely due to equipment failure. Because, looking at the photo, it is obvious that the stopped train was hidden around a blind curve, so that the following train couldn't see it in time to stop manually.

BTW, the stopped train was waiting for another ahead to clear the station platform. Happens all the time, especially during rush hour. Some of the lines have just two minute spacing between trains.

Of course, block detectors (track occupancy detectors) are supposed to indicate to the system, not only to the automated signals, but to the main dispatch center. Usually the acceleration and braking is automatic, but there are reports cropping up, now, of slack maintenance and NTSB warnings stemming from as far back as 2006 regarding the upkeep of systems. As always, it's blamed on budget shortfalls, etc. I think (no first-hand knowledge, just educated guess) that for some time now the 'system' has been relying on the Human factor...because of course the trains can be driven manually, and all automation disconnected. So, if the automation is acting up, just revert to manual.

Not knowing how far from the station this occured, hard to estimate the speed, but judging from the curve radius in the photo (which may be exagerrated by the camera lens) I'd guess that she (the operator) would have been down to under 35MPH...again, purely guessing at what speeds they take on curves. Still, a train is hard to stop, even at that relatively slow speed. AND the operator, and people in the forward car of the moving train, and the last car of the stopped train, have no protection to speak of.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I don't see any suggestion of conspiracy. I haven't heard anyone say that he was about to go public with any secrets he might have had.

People die. It's the price we pay for living. Everyone will die some day. Just because he had some small part to play in 9/11 doesn't make his death suspicious in any way. It's been too many years since 9/11 for it to matter.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

I am of the belief that there is no such thing as coincidence.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here is an interesting blog that I found in regards to Wherley's role on 9/11. See number 5 in particular.

shoestring911.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
reply to post by RenDMC

I am of the belief that there is no such thing as coincidence.

Seriously? How could you come to the conclusion that nothing is down to coincidence? Everything happens for a reason?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.google.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Investigators looking into the deadly crash of two Metro transit trains focused Tuesday on why a computerized system failed to halt an oncoming train, even though there is evidence that the operator tried to slow it down. At the time of the crash, the train was also operating in automatic mode, meaning it was controlled primarily by computer. In that mode, the operator's main job is to open and close the doors and respond to emergencies.

I'd wager that the driver desperately tried to stop the train but the automatic mode that the train was also operating under was hijacked by you-know-who operating from a computer.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Depends a little where this guy was setting. Were all the deaths in the first car ? Was he right by victim #4 and #6 ?

And why are the 9/11 threads so touchy by the mods ? thought this was a free speech site ?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Well, while an interesting theory, there are quite a few factors to have to come together, given the circumstances as they are being reported.

In the first place, though, the automation can't be that hard to disconnect....

Anyway, if there were a "plan" in place "they" would have to, A) Make sure that a train lingered too long at the station platform, B) Know that the next train was at its position, stopped and waiting to continue, and C) Somehow interfere with the third train's 'automation', knowing full well that there was a Human who could take over at any time.

OH! And, this is a biggie, D) Know where the General, and his wife, were sitting --- in a SIX CAR train!!!

We shall see when we know where the fatalities were seated (or standing)...we already know that the following train's operator is a victim, but she was right up front, and vulnerable. I'm guessing the others were behind her, in that first car. OR, some mayhave been in the last car of the stopped train. OR a mixture of both....

Also, it will be helpful to learn where the General and is wife lived. Were they travelling home?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Have any of you seen those control rooms??? They're huge and its got huge screens and "they" have all the control when it comes right down to it.

It wouldnt be too hard to "lure" this man to another location via subway, it wouldnt be hard to place him in a pre set seat, and it could all be done without the train operator or the conductors having any knowledge of whats really going on.

He could have been suggested to have a seat >here< and that was the end of it.

But it could also have been him in the wrong place at the wrong time. Right?

We will never know.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Ahh yes. no coincidences, only synchronicities, right? So as every coincidence stacks up upon each other, how many people will have their "scales" fall of of their eyes?

Wide government conspiracy? Doubt it. A conspiracy including elements of the government? Quite probably! Enemies infiltrating government is an age old warfare tactic. So who is the "war" against? Or is it that possible that we, as a people, all people, are at war with war itself. Ultimately, it is hard for me to look at the civilians of any country as an "enemy". Color, creed and religion be damned.

So we get handed the "terrorist" card. Well, who are they? A little more ambiguous if nothing else in a "global society". What is next? Grey machines in hovercrafts? Who knows? Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I thought a better story was the woman who did not get on the Air France plane that just crashed and then was killed a week later in a car crash. it just tells you, when it is your time, it is your time.

BRAKES NEEDED REPLACING

At least he was with his wife...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I can see it, 20-30 years from now when George Bush (Condi Rice, Colin Powell etc....) dies..

"See? They are STILL covering up the facts about 9/11..."

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

it wouldnt be hard to place him in a pre set seat, and it could all be done without the train operator or the conductors having any knowledge of whats really going on.

Have you ever ridden on Metro?? Or any Subway system?? "conductors"??? The Washington locals would have a good laugh at that one!!

Sheesh! During rush hour, you're lucky to even get a seat, and then you're likely to have someone's bum in your face!!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
While i like my tin foil hat and the way it brings out my eyes.I will have to put it down just now,i think this was a tragic accident.You dont wait 8 years to silence someone in something as unpredictable as a train crash.Imo of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join