It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII? UK releases secret planning manual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

cnews.canoe.ca...

LONDON (AP) — It’s October 1968, and the Soviet Union has just landed cosmonauts on the moon. Warsaw Pact troops are massing on the Austrian border, and nuclear showdown looms between east and west.

This scenario never happened — except in planning exercises by British civil servants, who meticulously rehearsed how they would govern Britain in the days before, and after, World War III. The details are included in the “War Book,” a secret Cold War manual declassified this month for the first time.

The book, which featured the doomsday scenario in a 1970 version, is a step-by-step guide for dealing with a crisis, from the first stages of conflict to “R hour,” the designation for the release of all Britain’s nuclear weapons.

Hmmm, they do the same practices now in different locals of the US and Britain, yet I am sure they are more organized to only allow the people the black-ops have been paid for to keep safe.

What do you think the new gameplan is? I'd imagine a lot more sophisticated since technology developed.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There has to be someone who has an idea on new strategies.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's probably a bit more sophisticated, but, not THAT much has changed since then. We don't even get a proper warning in the UK, if a nuclear strike is about to happen. We only get a few minutes in some places, especially where I live, from what I've been told. lol, what use is a few minutes? We don't even have guns here, to blow our brains out, rather than being burned and poisoned to death by radiation

I can understand it though, the small warning time. If anything, it'd be better if they didn't tell us, that way, we wont be crapping ourselves for a few minutes, literally. But, if we had more time, it'd be nice to know

Back on topic though, I doubt it's changed that much. Also, a good film to watch, which was created by the BBC, and shown in the UK many many years ago, is a film called "Threads". It's docudrama, which was made and put on air, to show us the possible effects e.t.c of a nuclear attack. Look it up! It's a really good/disturbing film. I had difficulty sleeping at night after watching that.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The maximum warning is and has been always under 15 minutes anywhere in the world. There is nothing anyone can do in 15 minutes unless you are already situated near a nuclear refuge bunker.

I do not wish to be in the bunkers, thank you very much!

I believe the bible says something to the effect of they will seek shelter within the earth, but the earth will not save them!

It is a curious fact that those who fear death the most are the ones who most eagerly bring it upon others.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Aye, very good point! All I was trying to say is that, death by nuclear bomb is definetely one of my most feared ways of dying. Don't get me wrong, I don't fear what's after death, but, I do fear how I end up going about it. Nuclear death, is definetely scary in my mind. Also, drowning, is not at all the "peaceful" way that people claim it to be. I've experienced almost being drowned, and it definetely isn't "peaceful".

Still, given the short amount of time for the warning, don't ya think we'd be better off not being told?? Sounds bad, I know, but, in those cirumstances, I think ignorance really would be bliss.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I just don't like the idea of a government uses citizen's tax money to plan their 'outs' and means to rid of the unwanted or politically 'uncooperative' people and practice it right under our noses. (under the guise of the current terrorism watch-dogs or policing actions in war-game scenerios.

We voted them in to take care of current issues and to avoid future conflicts not to create their very own Plan B action plan to keep the very people who paid for their safety net out of the loop (and in harms way).

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I agree, we need to get away from the two party system.

We have the right and ability to nominate and elect good people.

You don't need guns, you don't need revolution, you just need to have had enough of power brokers running the show, and give them the boot.

We have the power, we simply do not have the consensus yet.

Some day when the ideologs give up their partys and their media fed delusion, then they will throw the bums out of office, with the power of the ballot box.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There a very few (handful) of tribes that still exist without any leader of any signifigance (the M'buti pygmies, for one).

Anthropologists believe that once their cuture is effected too greatly by outside forces of corruption (alcohol, economy, lack of hunter/gatherer space) it might turn and leaders will and must be chosen.

This just might be the end of them if this occurs. As we see from history of every other culture that has removed themselves from communal-directed and communcal-understood laws, norms and mores, once leaders are chosen, the tribe will break down by various predictable causes.

To some, the simple action of turning the offensive person's door to face away from the villiage circle was enough to cause them shame and embrassment. Total removal from the society by banishment was a last and emotionally painful resort.

Having one party or 7, we are cursed now and likely cannot return to any community policing because we are so eager to find a moderating babysitter for our petty (which snowball into largers such as rape, molestation, drug abuse, violence etc) issues. This isn't civility, it is....de-evolution. It allows us to not face the underlying societal problem and give that responsibility to others to 'fix'. This only shatters a community and gives it false hope that any judgement will stop it from ever reoccuring.

kinda was my point on the freemason's CHIP program but no one got it.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by suzque66]

[edit on 24-6-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alesanjin

I think I would be extremely "grateful" even with a few seconds ahead warning. This means I would just have enough time to say to my dearest my last words, in case she is with me in the room.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
does someone have a copy of this book downloaded from the archives, if not how do you go about get a copy of the book, would be interesting reading

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

who's book wee mad?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

the war book in the articile, does anyone know what the ref number or catalogue number is of the book in the article

Wee Mad

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It is a government plan document, not officially a book book.

news.bbc.co.uk...

if someone will publish it, or when it is available in copies to the public is unknown as of yet. I'd imagine for now it is being passed around until it settles in a public arena.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

documents are normally digital recorded by the national archive, if not a copy can be attained but you need to know the catalogue / ref number, the journalists that had produced the articles would surely have either read the book or had a copy given to them, if i could view or get a copy it would be great

wee mad

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone else has read "THE NUCLEAR SURVIVAL HANDBOOK" written in 1980 by Barry Popkess??

Published by Arrow Books ISBN 0 09 924510 8

This is an excellent account of living through and after a nuclear attack and the handbook is a highly detailed and carefully compiled guide to what happens in a nuclear attack, how to shelter and how to live afterwards.

With topics ranging from shelter construction to foraging for food, it is at once a practical handbook, a chilling depiction of life after the war and a devastating indictment of our lack of preparation.

The first edition is the one to own as later editions have been rather toned-down.

Lists some now-classified nuclear sites, just out of interest.

The guide is firmly aimed at the UK but the information is well worth a read, whatever country your located in.

Regards.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

top topics

join