It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC Gov Sanfod Not Missing But Is Actually Meeting Co Revolutionaries?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
I am almost wondering if this is a media ploy for attention. Sanford was under the nation radar until recently. Sanford is a Bilderburg member, and attended the 2008 meeting.

Since, he has been on the nation wide media several times. I think that he might be building up to become the next President or something more covert is going on here.

I've lived in S.C., have amigos there, and currently live near the NC/SC border, where I get a lot of SC local news.

I think you're right. I believe Gov. Sanford did have his eye on a presidential run in 2012 or 16.

He was hailed as a hero by some because he wanted to refuse millions of dollars of federal bailout money, which was to be used to improve SC's below-par schools. Those who were involved in education--including parents, teachers, administrators, etc.--were not happy at all, and the state supreme court finally ruled in favor of the state of S.C., mandating that he couldn't refuse the stimulus money. So he may have some unconventional views but he's really not that effective in implementing them.

People's overall reaction here to Sanford's disappearance, and neglect even to ask the lieutenant governor to assume authority in his absence, is that he's erratic and even more flaky than he is reputed to be.

I would not be surprised if he was in some sort of institution for mental illnesses or had run off with a stripper or any one of a number of juicy possibilities.

He may or may not be a secessionist, as many argue, but one thing he's definitely not is presidential material. One has to be rock-steady to do that.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I'm thinking more along the same lines. My guess he already has a resignation speech written up and ready to go. Waiting for when he realizes all the cool things he wanted to do as governor just aren't going to happen in the face of modern politics.

Frankly, I wouldn't blame him. Wouldn't want my name to go down in history as the guy who was charged with watching the fence when it all came apart.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yeah it makes me want to gossip ... where did he dip his wick on the trail to the white house?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by dooper

You and a lot of others will be very surprised at what has been going on; you thought us complacent, you thought us proceeding without plans and you thought us without organization. I really wish I could say more as I feel like an expectant mother who has hidden the fact since 1992… THIS UNION SHALL STAND!

Okay, I'm In! I am the Jack of all Trades!

Yank, that loves southern hospitality! I know Va, NC reeal well, and SC good +.

If this is the case, Would this make it kind of a Bi-lateral UNION?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Dont know about my link posting above.

Anyway, according to yahoo news he has been in Argentina.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.
Thomas Jefferson I think this sums up the present time! A revolution maybe very likely but uncertain. the silence before the storm.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

in Argentina talking to Kurt Sonnenfeld?

9/11 FEMA videographer at Ground Zero goes public

[edit on 24-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Of course, he's been in Argentina bird hunting. That is a bird hunters dream.

All the big boys in the south make a regular trek to Argentina. Out west in the good old USA is a favorite bird hunting area also.

Bird hunting and playing golf are the two most popular activities of the decision makers and the silent partners . My younger brother is an avid huntsman.

I, myself, was invited to a large bird hunt in SC last year at a plantation where many statesmen gather. I declined as I don't care to hunt baited fields. Doesn't seem sporting to me.

It's all in the game. And a game it is.

Decisions are not made in the capital in Washington. They are hashed out in the bird fields, golf courses and other interesting places.

Do not under estimate the American people. We still are a nation of great men and women.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ain't no such thing as a revolutionary Republican... its an oxymoron.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The idea of a revolution is tough for me to swallow. Uprising in a few states can be easily countered without a peep on the news ( they control the news after all).
Word would have to spread another way. Internet can be shut down. The TV could be used if pirate stations were available, but they would be quickly neutralized.
In short. Can't see it working Sarge.

Command and Communication is too important in a battle.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

just dont go brid hunting with the wrong guys, might think you are a dove or quail

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Ain't no such thing as a revolutionary Republican... its an oxymoron.

Role reversal! Today's Republicans are yesterdays Southern Democrats!

I have been a Republican for years, and my group is more than ready to support whatever group decides to uphold the Constitution and return power to the people! I would hope it never comes down to a violent fray, but the status quo certainly must change and soon!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"Ive been unfaithful to my wife"

Whew...... I guess my theory was wrong....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Watching this unfold as I type. I always liked Sanford. This is just amazing. The well regarded gov. skipped town for an Argentinian booty call. The lefties are going to be all over him like a cheap suit. This was the last thing I expected to hear from him.

I feel sorry for his wife and kids.

Perhaps the gov. has been watching a little too much John and Kate.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Or perhaps a cover story?

Wouldn't want the truth to get out, would we?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Watching this unfold as I type. I always liked Sanford. This is just amazing. The well regarded gov. skipped town for an Argentinian booty call. The lefties are going to be all over him like a cheap suit. This was the last thing I expected to hear from him.

I feel sorry for his wife and kids.

Perhaps the gov. has been watching a little too much John and Kate.

I think its time the Republicans drop the religious front. Enough is enough. Yes the left will be ALL over this and rightfully so. When you have a party playing the moral card and time after time this happens enough is enough. We are all human and we all make mistakes. I feel bad for everyone involved...

link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Or perhaps a cover story?

Wouldn't want the truth to get out, would we?

I thought about this but I saw true tears there....

link   
Wow! So much for meeting with revolutionaries.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What did I miss? I've been up and down this page 3 times. Is he back and admitting to the booty call?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Tears because he had to lie to everybody . . .

lol

"But I said 'no' I wanted to do something exotic," Sanford told the newspaper.

Good play on words in that one, if this is true lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join