It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the European Union is so quiet about this ? Warning: GRAPHIC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

KFC kills 500 million chicken every year. May be you should put up a youtube video of how they go about it. Its only graphic since there is a video to see.

I am not saying killing animals is right, its just the hypocrisy involved in it..Some cultures like certain animals, you have no right to judge which one is ok to be killed and which animals are so cute and cannot be killed for food.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

did you not read from what the artical says its more to them than just food
its like a right of passegeto them and will probly continue even if the
meat is declared unfit. cmon!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
IMO if you eat meat of any kind you have no right to protest agains this.
Why is it ok to slaughter cows, chickens, pigs etc., but not whales?

By eating meat you are supportive of animal slaughter (and i say this as a meat eater).

"This is necessary, this is necessary, life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life...this is necessary, this is necessary, life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life.....".....Tool

I say this as a meat eater also, or not....Life feeds on life, some for the hunt, some for survival....it all works out in the end. Ones harvest will always be anothers holocaust. Been that way since the EVE of Adam.

I only hope that they are eating them or doing something with them....whale skin shorts would be hot on some Danes...

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Fact: The music in that video is from Donkey Kong Country for the SNES

Apparently this species is threatened. I don't see anything changing until it becomes endangered.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by PieKeeper]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OOOOHH NOOOOEEES!! Someone is eating meat - BARBARISM!!

What a stupid post and the whole thing is stupid. These are whales - they are yummy (not that I've tried them myself - but I would).

From what I can see they are killing them fairly quickly using some damn sharp knives straight to the spine, and cutting the throat - death is pretty much instant.

When you fish for tuna you just hook them, and hurl them onto the boat where they asphyxiate - that's a slower and crueler death imo - but not too many people whine about the poor tuna.

Go find a local slaughter house where they kill your beef, or chickens and so on.

Those people who eat meat, but couldn't kill an animal to get it, shouldn't be allowed to eat it.

EDIT: The above poster says the species is threatened. In that case then some effort should be made to ensure that they are harvested in balance with their numbers.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here is why whales beach:

-Sonars from submarines and other human activities destroy sensory organs of marine life.

-Whales are extremely dependent on communicating via their "sonar" to search for food with a party.

-If whale leader's sensory organs fail, the whole party will beach and commit suicide because they cannot get food.

-Beaching kills more whales than Japanese fishermen can.

I think what is happening here is people putting an end to the misery of these animals because if you send these whales back into the sea, they will beach elsewhere and die again.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I love the faux outrage and unnecessary shock. Welcome to the reality of the world as you have the luxury of not seeing most of it's less desirable aspects yet most still enjoy the spoils of just such activities.

1) This is a tradition. This is no justification in and of itself, but each culture is different and I don't even crucify the Chinese for eating dog meat.

2) They eat the meat, it is a staple of their diet year round.

3) It seems that the community engages and spreads the catch among all the people.

All around seems far more humane than growing chickens so large they can't stand under their own grotesque weight, or growing them out of the wild, or even killing to take some small portion and leaving the lion's share to rot.

While some ways to die might be "more preferable" (which seems ludicrous to me really), in the end they are not torturing them to death slowly and the end result is the same.

Cut it's throat, stab it to death, crush it's head, all the same to me. How else do you kill fish?

Ever been deep sea fishing? I clubbed my 90 lbs tuna before taking it back and having it chopped up for my grill.

What IS humane? Catching it in an environmentally safe container, soothing it with smooth jazz while you let it drift into a chemical induced sleep, followed by a heart stopping injection?

Not cost effective really.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

PETA has it's own closet (or walk in I should say) filled with skeletons, just visit This Link.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Because Dolphins and Wales in the wild are so rare and becoming endangered/extinct, I do think these type of practices should be stopped temporarily or find a way to "ranch" them. I agree that this is sickening, but must say I do appreciate them using the meat for food (although I doubt they eat it all, maybe they do who knows). I guess in my book this is better than people killing Elephants or Rino's just for their tusks or horns. Still it is brutal, but I think it would be hard not to be, I mean you can't exactly shoot them.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am going to PRAY that YAHWEH will bring His WRATH upon those who did this horrible thing. There is no excuse for what they did. They should be butchered just as the dolphins they butchered (WITHOUT MERCY)!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

OK... Will it be up to the greatness of being Greek to do that then?

NO

You fall in the trap set smartly for you....
Don't be a victim of the conspiracy set around you, wanting you to OBEY. You are supposed to be free. Free means i have to look beyond the boundaries distinguishing between our countries.

We feel the same, we have same emotional fluctuations etc.
So do dolphins for the best part along with plenty other Earthlings.

Its up to all of us to judge ourselves and head the best viable way, both moraly and with respect to nature.

If you have missed it i suggest watching HOME.

Any search should yield it as a top result right now.
Because search engines don eat meat although American mostly...

As for me i do eat meat.
Plenty of it too.

The only difference being that it comes from rural areas of my island, from properly taken care of animals, free to wander around in nature, and fully looked after. Their death is short with absence of agony, perception or even pain.

So there you have it. I am part of a sustainable cycle that respects nature and earthlings. Yes i am a meat eater and probably will keep being one.

That doesn't make me a monster. Its within natural reason.

The massacre depicted in this thread is beyond it.

Do i have your hand of help with my cause now?

[edit on 23/6/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

I like the way you talk...as if you are some great philosopher and your opinion bears a greater meaning than mine.

Guess what? It doesn't.

I realize that not everyone is the same - so we must find a common ground. You expecting everyone to live "up" to your expectations will get you nowhere in life.

Learn to accept different cultures. Humans are at the top of the food chain. And frankly - I do not care what you think of me or my ideas, and I do not care about yours...but the problem with the world today - is that YOU CARE whether people AGREE WITH YOU.

You have no power without support. I have power with OR without it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Regardless of culture or religious beliefs man has a dark and sinister side to him. Religion and culture are just one of the means he feels he can justify his atrocities to other creatures or beings.

For the sake of food, fine. But for the sake of culture or religion, grow up.
Why does man think God is some dude that craves blood? Why sacrifices?

I don't know it all but what I do know is regardless of how loving man can be, he can also be the darkest force to walk the earth.

Sadly this is nothing compared to what other atrocities man continually commits and gets away with, sometimes unknowingly to others.

Sickening.....

[edit on 23-6-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Scandinavian answer time!!
Its a tradition based long ago (centuries, if not thousands of years) where the peoples would get in their wooden ships and round up whales with spears, and slaughter them in shallow water.

You should be happy there is so much blood, it means that they cut the largest arteries to speed up the death process (bleeding out).

Children are involved because they need to learn their history, but as far as I know they are not allowed to kill because we have strict morals against desensitisation.

Every part of the whales is used, people volunteer to carve up the massive steaks and such and it is shared, poorer members getting greater yield.

I know the blood threw you off but I do not see how it is different from Native americans driving buffalo herds off cliffs, or driving them into fenced killing pens

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You are very egocentric.
I pity you, if even that.
Everything is paid in full, on this Earth.
You have unimaginable things to cope with.
These dolphins and all the other Earthlings reffered to do not deserve this fate.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Another of the many reasons mankind needs to be completely annihilated, or re-educated somehow. Why do we do the things we do? I'd say, "God have mercy on us all.", but clearly, there is no God. Or if there was, he's long abandoned this pet project mistake.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
meat is muder.
And as shocking as this is, its really no worse than a McNugget. But knuckle dragging mouth breathing carnivores like it, and unfortuantly the ones taht need to change are the ones too stupid to do it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK

You are very egocentric.
I pity you, if even that.
Everything is paid in full, on this Earth.
You have unimaginable things to cope with.
These dolphins and all the other Earthlings reffered to do not deserve this fate.

Egocentric - "thinking one is the center of all things" (I am not gonna lie, I had to look that word up for clarification). YOU are egocentric. Pity me? You think I care? The world does not care for your acceptance, because it means nothing.

My friend, the only way things for are paid for in this world is with money. After all, God forgives everyone who is willing to seek it. In other words - LIVE YOUR LIFE.

Unimaginable things to cope with? Did you look into your crystal ball to see this one? My luck never has been good - but thanks for the assurance Nostradamus.

These dolphins didn't deserve it. Do the starving kids in Africa deserve what they have been born into? Welcome to life. We are all dealt a different hand. Maybe once people realize we were all not meant to be the same, will this world go somewhere better.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Is your complaint the life of an animal is being taken without it's consent, or is it the crude and awful means by which it is taken?

If the first, your argument is nullified as it is clear that no animal is able to give consent (not in any way sufficiently recognizable to humans, at least) to die for food.

If the latter but not the first, why don't you go watch several dozen videos on autopsies, surgeries, and funeral preparations.

If both ... you're quite unreasonable...

God made these animals so that we would have sustenance. If you don't believe in God then you can agree that we are at the top of the food chain and have full right and reign to eat whatever animal(s) we please. If you don't believe either then you're in the unreasonable minority and you should go take a bath in tofu and cry about it.

Before you go thinking that I'm some shotgun toting hick who is out for animal blood lust: I'm not a big meat eater. I enjoy chicken on occasion, and a piece of beef or lamb once in a while. Not a fan of pork. I actually love vegetarian plates - especially greens! I even enjoy the tofu- and wheat-based foods that look/feel/taste like meat (ie: a BBQ chicken sandwich that has the same texture and taste as chicken except it's made of soy). It's actually funny when I hear people who talk about how disgusting it is to kill and eat an animal, yet they are perfectly willing to eat something that looks/feels/tastes like one!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
YES! This is horrible!

How dare we eat the poor little critters!

Lets eat people instead! MMMM! Tasty! 4 out of 5 cannibals agree that people be tastin good!

God I love "green/animal rights/tree hugging types"! Gives me a smile to think what a bad time they'll have when shtf

Heritage not hate folks! At least these folks arent cutting off parts of female anatomy or things of that nature. Plenty of things to get "sad/mad" about other than trying to stop folks from an old tradition that feeds them healthy food.

My idea for eating critters is "if it flys it dies and if it crawls it falls"!

Peace out yall

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Hi George/

Good Work...Unfortunately many people have become like animals...seeking to hunt each other out.
Animals have more reasoning- they only hunt to survive.
Unlike some People,who will hunt for pleasure.

"Ώσπερ δε αι ημέραι του Νώε, ούτως έσται και η παρουσία του υιού του ανθρώπου. ώσπερ γαρ ήσαν εν ταις ημέραις ταις προ του κατακλυσμού τρώγοντες και πίνοντες, γαμούντες και εκγαμίζοντες, άχρι ης ημέρας εισήλθε Νώε εις την κιβωτόν, και ουκ έγνωσαν έως ήλθεν ο κατακλυσμός και ήρεν άπαντας, ούτως έσται και η παρουσία του υιού του ανθρώπου..."

~κανείς δεν είναι αιώνιος σ’ αυτή την ζωή~ Όλοι είμαστε προσωρινοί.

ICXN
helen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join