It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic says something big is going down!!! Moon Bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

It's really creepy how they don't even give us good lies anymore. It's like their laughing right at us and we all have one thumb stuck in our mouth and another up our butt.

So great question xxpigxx and Mod... Why are they really bombing the moon? Anyone care to guess, see how close we can get to the psychics prediction?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

mrwupy,

I too have questions. They found ice on Mars so why couldn't they just land a rover on the Moon? It would seem so much less destructive.

I think this falls into the category of 'cheaper is better and easier'.

The prospect of designing and building a rover is far more expensive and complicated, and time intensive.

For Mars it makes sense...because of the distance. The Moon is close enough that, not only will they examine the debris cloud with the orbiter, but there can be spectral analysis done from right here on Earth.

Also, a rover will have a limited ability to dig to much depth. I believe Clementine detected traces of water ice, but of course that would be on the surface. NASA are interested to know how deep it is, methinks.

This is really preliminary to the future of a permanent manned base. Any base would have to be reasonably self-sufficient, after a while, and water would make that plausible.

Of course, goes without saying that a base near the pole is logical for many reasons. No direct sunlight to boil away the water ice, and for a base it won't have the thermal extremes seen in more equatorial regions of the Moon.

Another thing about this mission is probably to study not only the H2O, but other potential goodies in the Lunar crust, such as He3, that would make the mission a commercial endeavor as well as a scientific one....

edit: After I typed my missive I see that it may answer piggy and coyote, too.

[edit on 6/23/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
And what interest is it if there is water up there?

They hope someday to build a base on the Moon. If water is already there they won't have to transport it. Water is VERY heavy so it would save a fortune if they could simply process water that may reside in the craters of the moon.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here's my guess. Our governments have done something very bad that has screwed with gravity, or our atmosphere, or ozone or whatever. Could have something to do with the chem trails, who knows but the moon may have an answer. Something is very wrong and they are all scrambling up there to figure out what can be done.

Can anyone connect all the recent UFO sightings with the moon stuff?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Not only that, they are aiming for one of the poles of the Moon risking putting the Moon out of orbit or at the very least causing massive disruption in it's actions and functions down here on Earth.

Yeah, humans also shouldn't jump at the same time all over the world, since it would compress the earth causing the world's oceans to escape onto land.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

great thread: The greatest USA jingo flag waving publicity would be to retrace the first steps on the moon by American astronauts. It would not take much funding in terms of a non-man mission and usa scientific acheivement would be celebrated by the most watched footage via a live feed in the history of tv, adverts, and sponsorship. They don`t want to go back because they have never been to the moon.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers weedwhacker and mrwupy

[edit on 23/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
the only thing I'm worried about is that this bomb however big, may cause the moon to shift orbit slightly. However little it happens, this could cause major tidal and weather problems for all of us. Maybe that's what "they" want.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I guess I'm left wondering under what authority or right NASA has to do such a thing? I don't know one person who thinks this is a good idea or a coherent plan. Not even psychics apparently...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Thanks for the answers weedwhacker and mrwhupy but I'm still not convinced. Why now? Why so many countries interested all of the sudden? Something just isn't sitting right.

Oh and pleased to meet you Piggy. I'm wolfs cousin coyote tee hee. And I stutter too

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by mrwupy

I guess I'm left wondering under what authority or right NASA has to do such a thing?

Many people agree with you. We have treaty's in place that are suppose to protect celestial bodies and space itself.

I guess somebody forgot to tell NASA about them.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Well if even this "reputable" psychic thinks things are going to go hell with this cockamamie plan, let's sue in the World Court and get an injunction!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

the only thing I'm worried about is that this bomb however big, may cause the moon to shift orbit slightly. However little it happens, this could cause major tidal and weather problems for all of us. Maybe that's what "they" want.
reply to post by warrenb

Now that's a nasty thought. If you did want to get everyone's mind off of being fleeced by their government, what a better way to do it then to create hell on earth?

*Those surfs will be begging us for help when we're done with them*.

That's so not good!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Truly what does give them the right to do this? Um if that's going to be a class action suit pass the pen this way please. I'll try to sign it in between tsunamis and earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I know this is really stupid , but also something I personally feel is strange is that there is a new miniseries/tv movie that is about a meteor I believe hitting the moon, the impact is so hard the moon starts to hurdle towards earth and I think in the end result they blow the moon up or something along those lines.

It's just weird with all the recent "drama" that is going on with the moon than a random mini series comes out about the moon probably it's just a coincidence but sometimes I feel as if they are sitting back in their recliners laughing at us all.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

the only thing I'm worried about is that this bomb however big, may cause the moon to shift orbit slightly.

warren, I think a little knowledge should help to allay those fears, and all the fears others have expressed.

I find it particularly distressing that such a well-known prestigious publication like Scientific American would choose such an unfortunate term like "bomb" just to sensationalize their headline!!!

For the record: It is a spent (meaning empty) rocket stage that weighs approximately two tons. It is not more massive than an average large sedan. Our proud Moon has withstood far, far, FAR more powerful impacts in the four billion, or so, years of its existence.

It will affect the Moon's orbit, or rotation, about as much as a gnat would affect a bowling ball!!!

Here, let Wiki show you:

Mass 7.347 7 × 10 (to the 22) kg (0.012 3 Earths)

That is 73,477,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg. Let's see, as I count it, it is....just over 73 sextillion kg. A KG is 2.2 pounds. The rocket stage will weigh about 4,000 pounds (These wights are relative to Earth, for clarity).

SO, 160 sextillion pounds, versus 4,000 pounds? I think the Moon will win this match!

[edit on 6/23/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Levi rocks! He's not especially liked by many, but that is only because he shoots it strait; without fluff.

He's only asking that people concentrate on stopping this insane bombing of the moon. C'mon, what kind of freaks are these that they need to do this; it only stands to reason for some devious reason.

Just concentrate people. Not that hard.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TornMind

***Sigh***

I guess this sort of ranting will continue until either October 9, when nothing happens but some good science, or September when school starts again.....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
I know this is really stupid , but also something I personally feel is strange is that there is a new miniseries/tv movie that is about a meteor I believe hitting the moon, the impact is so hard the moon starts to hurdle towards earth

This mission has been known about for years so it's not coincidence that a mini series pops up at the same time, that's called marketing.

A meteor didn't hit the Moon in the mini series, A fragment of a Red Dwarf star weighing 16 sextillion tonnes did. But it was hiding in a meteor shower before it delivered the knock out punch to the man in the Moon, so I guess that makes it more believable.

It's actually a good show. You can watch the first two hours of it on ABC.com and the next two hours will be aired this coming Sunday. It has some pretty kewl special effects.

I enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

weedwacker you've been on my mind; as mine is broken, and the weeds are getting thigh high....lol.

Sure, a rush to assumption, I think not. The PTB are just plain nuts. I don't understand why they are doing this especially with something so sensitive to our daily life as the MOON.

It would be one thing if it was just a meteor, then I don't think I'd mind so much, but again this is the celestial body which has a major impact on our daily life.

The oil industry has perfected oil, or liquid detection without blowing stuff up.

I'll stay on the side of caution considering the amount of pollution directed at killing all of us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join