It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All ATS DisInfo Agents:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just thought I'd say hey, how ya doin and all that good stuff.

I love going into a thread and reading the comments people post.

It's good to see all the different points of views people have.

But honestly, some of the posts I see from some people....

Well lets just say that to me, it either makes me think that those particular people are so far gone in the system that their brains won't allow them to make certain connections...

OR

They are so ignorant of certain obvious facts they can't see past the spoon-fed Atrocity we're supposed to accept as Reality

OR

That some of those people could actually be working for the very thing we are against, and are here specifically as DisInfo Agents, to throw us off track, or to make US feel "Dumb" or "Ignorant"; Putting us "TruthSeekers" down as the "Crazies" or the "Nutjobs"

So in summation.... I'm not putting anyone down or anything like that, I'm simply saying that... we... well, I at least know that DisInfo agents run amok on our lovely forums here, and I'm just extending the hand of friendship regardless, cause I mean afterall

They, like us, are only *human...

*(Unless ya know, you like to speculate that they might be Extra-Celestial/Reptilians har har)

**Note to Mods
If this is in any way a violation of terms, I apologize in advance and do not refuse deletion if necessary.

(edit: changed of to if, added *)

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Ssemaje Jhrvys]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I happen to think while there are certainly disinfo agents and trolls alike... I would say the majority of them just so ingrained in the system they have an automatic response to say they have been taught their whole lives. With as much control on the population as there is already, they don't really need disinfo agents as long as they have ignorant sheep.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a nice video to go along with your post

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thanks guys for commenting on my first thread lol

(made me smile)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

"they don't really need disinfo agents as long as they have ignorant sheep."

The site can be used to share info and ideas and to be entertained. There have been some very lively threads regarding swine flu and the vaccines.

During the course of one long thread, I found my ideas morphing and then going back together again in a new way. Dumb people can be right and smart people can be wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

"they don't really need disinfo agents as long as they have ignorant sheep."

The site can be used to share info and ideas and to be entertained. There have been some very lively threads regarding swine flu and the vaccines.

During the course of one long thread, I found my ideas morphing and then going back together again in a new way. Dumb people can be right and smart people can be wrong.

SO VERY TRUE!

Truth and fact have little to do with intelligence. Things are as they are, the rest is a matter of what you WANT to convey as truth or fact.

I am certain that there are professionally-motivated posters here, some of whom are interested in neither truth nor fact. They are here to do a specific job. I used to doubt this was true..., until recently.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I consider disinfo claims that revolution is inevitable and will fix anything... that a SHTF is just around the corner... or that the "sheep" are not thinking for themselves.. or that peple are sheep when they take part in this society and also enjoy themselves along the way... that is disinfo.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Indeed. I always enjoy as many different perspectives as possible and I never consider the answer I have come up with to be definite as there is always new information possibly.

There is however a difference between those with differing opinions and interpretations of information (which I enjoy) and those who have decided to form an opinion before acquiring the information simply because 'they know' even if it is in complete disregard of insurmountable evidence and data.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is this the thread where all the crackpots shake hands and do their nerdy dances!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by total newbie

Indeed. I always enjoy as many different perspectives as possible and I never consider the answer I have come up with to be definite as there is always new information possibly.

There is however a difference between those with differing opinions and interpretations of information (which I enjoy) and those who have decided to form an opinion before acquiring the information simply because 'they know' even if it is in complete disregard of insurmountable evidence and data.

Yes so if you accept certain things can only be opinionated and therefore what would be wrong in disagreeing.

I mean what's the point in saying I told you so when SHTF. I'm sure those who disagree consider many of these possibilities, they just don't need to shout "oh my god WW3 is here all the time", and "oh # martial law is coming and the NWO is coming to get me."

Just enjoy life whatever happens happens, don't think too much about it all.

Anyway this was meant as a message to all.

edit: but yes I do agree with being prepared such as stocking up on water, tinned food etc, but we will know when the time for that is. The world won't suddenly just end in 5 mins

But I do think you could go over the top with regards to planning if it takes over your whole life.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by john124]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wheu! Glad you added that little diddy at the end about extracelestrials, I was getting worried...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Heh, of course I'd have to mention thems

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What a great idea. Start a thread addressed to the dis-info agents. Then track everyone who looks at the thread and BAM you got em.

Ooops, I guess I looked too. Maybe my idea's not such a good idea...

We've got so many INFO agents here it's tough to sort them all out.

Dis-info
Bad-info
Mis-info
Good-info
Ect...
Ect...

Is there really a way to tell the dis-info from some of the others?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I know right?

I dunno, for some reason, I just felt like calling them out like... in my mind it went something like this.

"Attention all ATS DisInfo Agents"
And they would be like "Blast, they're onto us!" hahah.
But I mean either way, it's not going to stop.

Good point about the different types of "info"

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ssemaje Jhrvys

Welcome to your first thread!

well, I at least know that DisInfo agents run amok on our lovely forums here..
hmmmm. I don't know how you can "know" that. I certainly don't. I think we all need to be careful of thinking of a person's post as disinfo when they are disagreeing with a concept that we ourselves feel has been validated and is TRUTH.

Sometimes people just disagree; it happens. It doesn't always mean people have an agenda. If you've perused the 9/11 threads here, there is often a claim of "disinfo agent". I particularly enjoy the 'agent' part, as if our musings are so important that there are paid participants whose job is to insert disinfo. It's possible, I admit, but I tend to doubt they run amok here at ATS.

There are a myriad of ideas here that, being a conspiracy site, often seem to reach a defacto conclusion, and sometimes those that don't accept these conclusions are thought to be shills or disinfo agents.

OR

They just think for themselves, and don't much follow the herd. A few words that are misused: Truth, Proof, Fact. Each of those has a fairly precise definition, and yet they are parlayed fairly subjectively sometimes. I think it'd be more accurate to say "my truth", or evidence, instead of proof. Facts get built on truths and support proof. It's a vicious circle sometimes.

At the risk of being jotted down on a shill list, I suggest you not wander into the no-person's-land of actually labelling people whom you believe are disinfoists. It's something you or I cannot quantify, we can only guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's simple...the OP cannot know that there are disinfo agents here. Of course by saying this I am going to be labeled one as well but I am used to it. So I suppose the typical question now to the OP...

prove there are disinfo agents here -sigh-

Just because people disagree with alot of the very wacky ideas sometimes brought her does not make them a disinfo agent

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Understood.

I mean, we say we know something. when we really it's because have a strong feeling one way or another about something, so to put it more appropriately, I would have to say something along the lines of....

"I get a very strong feeling that there are (etc...)"
Especially when I have no solid proof.
(But hey at least I wasn't like, so and so is such and such)

So of course it's understandable if you have people arguing things.

I think what I was referring to as a "disinfo agent" are people who attack others and call them derogatory names for having certain views, without really backing up those comments you know?

EX:
Person A: I believe that there are beings from other worlds visiting this planet. Proof A shows this and this. And proof B supports Proof A, which concludes my arguement.

Person B: You moron, what makes you think that life could even exist elsewhere? It's people like you that really mess things up for people trying to sound credible

To me, Person B, while entitled to their own opinion, would be thought of (In my opinion) As a "Disinfo Agent"

Further more, I like what you said about the, "My truth" comment.
I pretty much agree and was thinking about starting a thread along the lines of

"If you don't have actual proof, then you should say it's your opinion"

But I also understand that takes away from the "impact" of certain topics if you just come out and say "I don't have any actual proof of this, but it is my very strong opinion that I have the feeling that..."

Man. I guess I'm just better off putting my own opinions and saving the "I knows" for when I actually have something to show you all that I do in fact "know" something.

Peace on.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

See above post

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If there is such a thing as a dis-information agent, I want a job. I love being on the web all day and I could say stuff, like there are no ufo's or whatever.

Joking but really I don't think there is such a thing here but hey?

I S&F your first thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ssemaje Jhrvys
reply to post by LazyGuy

"Attention all ATS DisInfo Agents"
And they would be like "Blast, they're onto us!" hahah.

you're not the first member here who's tried to take on the "dis-info agents." I've seen several threads where accusations have been thrown out there. Most of the time it's someone who dis-AGREES with someone's opinion on something.

One thing I've learned through visiting sites such as this is that everyone sees things in a slightly different way. People from around the World can interact through the Internet. With that many people you get a VERY WIDE range of perspective and opinion. It's part perspective, part experience and part stubbornness along with a few other things I've yet to discern.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join