It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Bremer: "Bush not concerned with terror"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
At a McCormick Tribune Foundation conference on terrorism on Feb. 26, 2001, Bremer said, "The new administration seems to be paying no attention to the problem of terrorism. What they will do is stagger along until there's a major incident and then suddenly say, 'Oh, my God, shouldn't we be organized to deal with this?'

"That's too bad. They've been given a window of opportunity with very little terrorism now, and they're not taking advantage of it."

Bremer made the speech after he had chaired the National Commission on Terrorism, a bipartisan body formed by the Clinton administration to examine U.S. counterterrorism policies.

Associated Press

It's great fun to read his spin to try & back himself into good graces since the Bushies have him playing the role of the Doonsbury "Duke" character now.
Such conviction & utter lack of flip flopping by these Bushmen, no?

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
what is this more antibush propaganda? bush is a grate man! he is doing a good job in eyerak and keeping us safe from those crazy terorists. he needs our support and we need to support him because he is so cool.

that guy bremer over there is cool, too. he is doing a good job keeping those eyerackies in line because they are a tuff bunch over there.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
what is this more antibush propaganda? bush is a grate man! he is doing a good job in eyerak and keeping us safe from those crazy terorists. he needs our support and we need to support him because he is so cool.

that guy bremer over there is cool, too. he is doing a good job keeping those eyerackies in line because they are a tuff bunch over there.

being nihilistic and "ironically" supporting Evil is all very well, but you sound like you work for FOX News and, therefore, if you do, then you are spawn of Satan.

I'm bored with people like you.

Bremer and Bush have painted themselves into a corner in Iraq, men of Conviction going against the tide of world thought.

they wanted War for Oil Land, and most of all, control. PNAC and Grand Chessboard aside, the "Bad Cop" USA regime (compared to the UN Good Cop), has shown that "All Evil needs to rise, is for Good Men to do nothing."

you need to take a stand mate, otherwise, you'll get classed as a Nark and a Stooge of the Security Services.

Love,

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
At a McCormick Tribune Foundation conference on terrorism on Feb. 26, 2001, Bremer said, "The new administration seems

So BoutTime, you couldn't come up with anything better for your endless rant of Bush bashing. February 2001 is a little old. If Bremer felt as strongly as your post implies there's no way in hell he'd be part of the Bush team today. I'm not a fan of Bush but non-sensical positions don't cut it here.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
fox news is cool and stuff. they always have that cool music and those cool pictures and stuff of people shooting stuff and things blowing up everywhere. pitures of stuff blowing up is cool because its stuff blowing up. and that bill oreilly guy is so cool because he is so smart and knows what he is talking about even though i have no idea what he is saying because im too cool for him

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Chaosica, you are right and you darn well should be bored of people who I was previously emulating. Yes, I was joking around and being completely sarcastic with those stupid posts

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
CommonSense, the whole point is the date when it was said. This is politics, it never matters if you 'meant' it, the fact you said is by far enough, and it's by far enough for him to have to do some excruciating back peddling. Knowing the incompetence of the Bush admin, they probably never even knew he said it in the first place. In fact they've probably only just found out, which is why he's only now getting on the old bike and peddling for dear life.

join