It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA seeks Godware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.theregister.co.uk...

US military....request for "intelligent" electronic components and chemicals which can "self-organise" themselves to form complex items such as routers, fuel cells, biofuel factories or medical drugs.

The objective is to demonstrate the first human-engineered open thermodynamic systems that spontaneously evolve non-trivial “intelligent” behavior...

electronic neurocells should be able to spontaneously form into "a continuously self-organizing router for internet traffic or similarly complex application".

Physical Intelligence - Defense Sciences Office
www.fbo.gov...

Seems like we could be heading into very dangerous territory.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If this gets off the ground we could be moving into valuable new technologies here.

Of course, the implementation and agenda behind such application will remain fertile ground for conspiracy theorists, but hey, progress isn't consigned to be a "bad" thing. Maybe we'll get lucky and people will use it for good and constructive purposes, rather than self-serving, exploitation.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Total Skynet or what?

This could become the first generation of senient technologly which ultimately destroys us all.

Something which learns AND turns itself into a net router...great idea.
So when it turns into a router to access the net,it learns of how important planet earth is to its survival,then it learns who its main threat is...guess who??

But hang on a minute,thinks the uber intelligent nano beast-"I can use those pesky humans as batteries,just like in the matrix film! I saw it on the net,and I have the technological knowhow to do it!!!Hell I can turn myself into ANYTHING I want by now! MWHA MWHAhaHAHA"

++++++++Initiate Human Farming program+++++++++

++++Human farming program initiated++++++

DARPA HQ: "Erm,Like,OOoops"

join