It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 800 gun buyers on terrorist watch list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Here's yet more on violating our second amendment rights and attempting to put American citizens on a "terror list". I have nothing against backround checks, because there are people in this country that do not need to be owning guns that are better than what the military carries, but this reminds me of that no fly list. For those that don't remember that list, basically it was a list of people whom the government thought of as potential "terrorists" that weren't allowed to fly on an airplane. But the flaw was that anyone with the same name as anyone on that list, weren't allowed to fly and don't dare question it! I'm not even sure if that list is still around because I haven't heard anything about it, but this list is the same thing and I wonder if it is operated the same way. Just yet another attempt to control us I guess. I also wonder if not only I'm on this list, but how many other gun owners on such a list and may not know about it?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Is this list public record? I wonder if I am on it! I also wonder if we can check it for our neighborhood the way you can search for sex offenders or do pre-employment screening!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's already being done.

A Memphis based online news website, CommercialAppeal.com, has posted Tennessee’s right to carry permit holder list online! CommercialAppeal.com apparently feels that the “public’s right to know” outweighs your right to privacy. Their irresponsible decision to publish this list has made it easier for criminals to target law-abiding gun owners.

www.nraila.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Anything with Louseydork's name on it needs to be squashed like a dead rat! The man has caused so many innocent people to be disenfranchised from their rights that he should be arrested for treason and hung like a piece of meat! He's the paid mouth piece for Violence Policy Center and George Soros and a piece of low life scum of the earth. Sorry if I sugar coated my opinion a bit here!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's already being done.

A Memphis based online news website, CommercialAppeal.com, has posted Tennessee’s right to carry permit holder list online! CommercialAppeal.com apparently feels that the “public’s right to know” outweighs your right to privacy. Their irresponsible decision to publish this list has made it easier for criminals to target law-abiding gun owners.

www.nraila.org...

I was more interested in the governments list, because I caused a lot of trouble at Miami International a couple of years ago and wound up renting a car and driving home. I also have my concealed permit, and I am a member on this site!

As far as publishing registered gun owners. Though it is irresponsible, it is kind of a double edged sword for the criminals! Sure, now they know where to go steal some guns, but they also know they may meet violent or deadly resistance there. I think it may be a benefit to have the fact that you are armed published in the paper!

new topics

top topics

join