It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

search engines~And Scrambled words in place of readable words?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hi/

Would anyone know if all the information provided on the internet is ever 'Hidden' away?
Eg/Years ago it was there,and now it seems to have dissappeared entirely from the net.
Some even a few weeks ago , are not there?

And another thing....What does it mean when a page with writing has rectangular squares with letters in them in place of the 'Word or Words it should contain?

The information that I came across was not taken off by the owner...there is no reason for them to do this.
Thanks,

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yeh,

A few more questions...

What is 74.125.153.132...:_przaBN2VZcJ:www.iso-g.com/modules/news/article.php%3Fstoryid%3D976+JS:Obfuscated-B+[Trj]&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk

Is there a virus in that?

Could someone help as to what that is...
I have AVAST...it says that a virus is there?

About viruses, are they put there deliberately so that, for whatever reason they can't be read?

thanks,

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Some more information would be helpful to try to understand what you mean.

As for the supposed virus, the link was broken by the forum code, but it's maybe better that way, if there is a virus on that page it would not be a good idea posting a link for people to get infected, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArMaP/

Link is NOT broken and it is NOT INFECTED.\
This is what I mean...certain Information get's DELETED on PURPOSE!
gOOGLE is another one!
Whole posts are deleted on PURPOSE!

Anyways,thanks for the reply,

take care,
ICXN NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

I still do not understand what you mean, but you can look for old pages on the Way-back machine, it has been useful to me many times (although some files may be absent from their archives).

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArM/

Sorry didn't make myself clear...Posts from the WWW google has either deleted them or they are scambled with wierd unreadble words.
Thanks,

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Google replicates the pages from other sites, and when the sites remove the pages Google does the same, they do not archive all versions of the sites like the Way-back Machine.

As for the scrambled results, what is the type they show? Most sites are pure HTML or they are created on the fly by some background working code, like what happens with ATS, where the posts are on a database and the pages are created when they are asked for.

But if it is, for example, a RSS feed, then it will be XML, and although human-readable, it does not display on the browser as well (or sometimes it does not even show correctly, it depends on the browser).

Other file type have the same problem, if you find a DOC file but you do not have any software able of reading it, it will look garbled on the browser.

I hope I have understood you problem now, but I am not sure yet.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Hi/

And another thing....What does it mean when a page with writing has rectangular squares with letters in them in place of the 'Word or Words it should contain?

ICXN
helen

It means that you don't have the proper letter fonts installed to display the page correctly. I've notably had problems in the past with asiatic, and russian websites in the past with this situation. So no, it's not scrambled, you just don't ahve the right fonts to display it properly in my estimation.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Hi Deson/

I can read the Greek fonts fine!
As for the Russian?
I just cant read Russian, but do know what the letters look like!
Its not that,that's the problem, its that the pages existed a few weeks ago,but then they disappear?
Or they lead to stupid explicit sites...
I actually break down the links, and it works sometimes, but mostly it gives me nothing...
One of the links said ''Disposed and purged!
That one actually made me laugh!
thanks for the reply

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hello.

Well since the net is constantly in flux it's not surprising that web pages that were there a few weeks ago are now gone at times. Domain names expire, are sold, pages get taken down, etc. So while a number of pages might be gone (or moved somewhere else), it's not surprising that you'd find links going to old places that no longer exist.

One of my favorites was "www.villainsupply.com" A neat website detailing everything that the evil overlord could want (lairs, superweapons, minion uniforms etc.) They are no longer around but parts of it may be accessible via the wayback machine. You can Google it and find all kinds of references to it but the site is no longer around.

new topics

top topics

join