It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those flying scorpion locusts from Revelation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

"And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key of the shaft of the bottomless pit; he opened the shaft of the bottomless pit, and from the shaft rose smoke like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened with the smoke from the shaft."

"Then from the smoke came locusts on the earth, and they were given power like the power of scorpions of the earth; they were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any green growth or any tree, but only those of mankind who have not the seal of God upon their foreheads; they were allowed to torture them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torture was like the torture of a scorpion, when it stings a man. And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death will fly from them."

"In appearance the locusts were like horses arrayed for battle; on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; they had scales like iron breastplates, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle. They have tails like scorpions, and stings, and their power of hurting men for five months lies in their tails. They have as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek he is called Apollyon." (Revelation 9:1-11 RSV)

(from www.keyway.ca... )

I have a theory. That Revelation is not a future prediction, but a story of the past.

I believe that man has been on the Earth for millions of years. In that time he has created empires, and scarred the Earth with war. I believe that Man has gone from primitive means, to space travel, and back to primitive means, over and over and over again. When Revelation was written it was during a primitive time, a couple thousand years ago. I believe it was a tale of the end of the civilization that ended approximately 20,000 years ago, that was passed down generation to generation. The plague of locusts described remind me of UAV's. The human face part especially, because the thing has a camera, and is controlled by humans.

I think it can be used as a warning, because UAV's are part of the evolution of technology that has happened numerous times in the past. Unfortunately it seems that around the time of UAV's man goes back to the stone age again.

I believe there is evidence of a nuclear conflict in India and Pakistan in the neighborhood of 125,000 years ago.

Anyway that is my theory.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Way to think outside the box.

I don't see a lot of similarities to the UAVs and 'scorpion locusts' They don't really remind me of insects at all...close to birds...

UAVs have been used more and more to kill...Maverick missles, and whatnot, fired from the safety of the remote operations facility...

in Revealation, it speaks of their job being to 'hurt' men, not to kill them...in fact it says they wish for death, but it doesn't come...that it flees from them....

I think we haven't seen it yet....

Anyway, I really like the proposition that it's about the past and not the future, but time is pretty cyclical after all...we can certainly die from the same mistakes over and over again.

I really like the thought that we have been there and done that quite a few times...I can get on board with that. But in a huge regard, there isn't any reason why warnings of a past doom and a future doom couldn't be one in the same.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
that seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

it might apply better to future UAVS and things that are smaller and more insect-like

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Something more like this.....

But add wings....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosweet

awww thats cute. where do i get one?

is that real or something someone made just for fun?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think this theory holds a lot of weight.

As for the UAV/ locust thing, you also have to remember that past technology might not have been like today's technology. If everything is repeating itself time and time again.

I think there is real credence to it though. It also ties into "timewave zero" and the Mayan calender starting over again. Maybe 2012 is not the "end times" but the end of this era to where we go back to primitive means.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've thought many a time that the bible could very well be a history book.
Guess We'll never know...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
How about some of these UAV's they are pretty darn close to the description. They have the capability to kill and inflict pain. They have tazer uav's too.

defense-update.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyleecoyote
I've thought many a time that the bible could very well be a history book.
Guess We'll never know...

I think all things are revealed when we die. But in this life we may not know.

That doesn't mean we can't learn, and not nuke ourselves to oblivion this time.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosweet

I really like the thought that we have been there and done that quite a few times...I can get on board with that. But in a huge regard, there isn't any reason why warnings of a past doom and a future doom couldn't be one in the same.

One other piece of evidence is the little golden airplane they found in South America. They actually made a model of it with a motor, and it flies.

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think that descripotion might befitting of some sort of military helicopter. I always thought they resembled locusts.
The blades could be the hair of a woman (long and flexible) The teeth of a lion could be the mounted missiles. The crowns could just be the caps/mechanisms on top of the blade. The tails are long and narrow and curl upward at the end like a scorpion. The sound they make definately resemble many hooves pounding in charge. The face of man are, well, actually men you can see through the windshield.

The only thing I cannot figure out would be the no death thing and coming from the tails. Perhaps there is something yet to come out that might spray some kind of gas from the tail that will make men ill and not disturb the plants.

As for this being a past event, I suppose that is possible. However, I would think there would have been something found by now. A piece of metal or machine, weapon something. I mean we have found bones millions of years old, why not a piece of metal?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It could also be that the author was tripping on mushrooms (readily available on the Isle of Patmos) at the time of writing this and was just imagining something nightmarish.

Other theories is that there are three authors to the Book of Revelations, part of which is believed to be, or based upon prophecies of the John the Baptist

The Book of Revelations, although heavily quoted, is not in all editions of the Christian Bible

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Hi down/

Theories are ok if one is content!
Also ok to build a dream upon, but when it comes to an argument,Revelation is what it says it is.

I have a theory. That Revelation is not a future prediction, but a story of the past.

Revelation means something that is to come...be revealed!
Apocalypse!

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

I would have to say that it is possible that John was shrooming.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Hi down/

Theories are ok if one is content!
Also ok to build a dream upon, but when it comes to an argument,Revelation is what it says it is.

Revelation means something that is to come...be revealed!
Apocalypse!

ICXN
helen

I guess what I'm saying is that it is a future prediction, because what happens in that book is what happens when man gets very advanced and starts we start killing each other in wholesale fashion. But I believe that what is described in that book has already happened on this planet, multiple times.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3d7d1097094.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/375cf4604e3d.jpg[/atsimg]

"A long time ago, in A galaxy far far away..."

I agree with you that we have come and gone many times, but these things you have to see to understand...

These pictures aren't mythos animals, though believed because that is what is taught. They are real interpretations, that only seeing will confirm, that what was being described is literal.

The bible is literal but there is a twist. You have to read it in it's literal language to get the literal transcription of what is meant and said and NOT the translation. Translation is taking it from one form to another. You need the transcription, but either way, unless you see these things you won't understand them. If you're seeing them...you're in trouble. It's a double edged sword. Once you see your nakedness, you see everything else, only then will you be sorry you ever found it...liberty is a libation and that gets you drunk.

Peace

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
if man kind was advanced long ago, civilization would have ended much longer ago than 20,000 years ago. Unless everything advanced was COMPLETELY wiped out in some super Apocalypse there would be a sh%t ton of evidence.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If you read the Book of Revelation, and not cherry-pick scriptures, you'll find that everything that occurs during that blast points to the bursting forth of Islam out of Arabia.

All the symbols, the previous horns and historical validation, all point to Arabia.

You go looking for colorful passages in the Bible without any context or placement, and you can come up with anything, none of which would either fit the placement within the prophecy nor the actual historical parallel.

Not just you, OP, but this is a major mistake in trying to take an event and find a correlating mention in the Bible.

It was prophesy at the time it was written, things were seen in a specific order, meaning things would occur in a specific order, and then one can take secular history and quite easily understand the parallel event.

Read the next horn. Then read about the Turkomen. The four powers, or grandsons of what's-his-name that shared power, how they were held at the river for decades, and finally crossed to wipe out the "last third of the (Roman) world."

Come on, guys.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I too have a theory of history repeating itself, humans going into space and back to primitiveness, humans destroying themselfs, and is why we keep repeating history because we cannot get past destroying ourselfs and continually have to start over yade yade yada. As a believer in Christ, I have to believe what I am told as far as, what the Bible says, goes. However, on the other hand, I cant help but recognize strong similarities and paterns throughout time.
When John spoke about the sky rolling up and smoke, a bottomless pit, darkness I'm thinking that sounds alot like an atomic bomb. When the smoke rises from the bottom to the top, its action is in a "rolling" motion. Since the atomic bomb covers a nice area, I would think it would look like the entire sky is dissapearing.
The "stings" from the "scorpion tail" sounds like bullets(bullets dont have to kill.) Aren't there planes with guns on the back of them? Hellicopters, perpellers, they sound like charriots of horses. And speaking of charriots, what a common primitive way to describe large flying objects, particularly in the Bible...no?
I know there were planes with teeth painted on them-pointed animal teeth, not square-like human teeth. And the painted caps on the noses of the planes, just painted gold.
This kind of sounds like Pearl Harbor maybe???WWII???

Interesting theory. Way to think outside the box.

I don't see a lot of similarities to the UAVs and 'scorpion locusts' talked about in this Revelation passage, although UAVs are interesting planes.

Originally posted by downtown436

there isn't any reason why warnings of a past doom and a future doom couldn't be one in the same.

ofcourse.
And ofcourse, there is always

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
It could also be that the author was tripping on mushrooms (readily available on the Isle of Patmos) at the time of writing this and was just imagining something nightmarish.

but this theory in no way lasts near as long in arguments as other theories, which makes it less fun.

But isn't that part of the Bible's purpose? Contradictions, leaving it's readers in the verry states we are in because really

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

You need the transcription, but either way, unless you see these things you won't understand them. If you're seeing them...you're in trouble. It's a double edged sword. Once you see your nakedness, you see everything else, only then will you be sorry you ever found it...liberty is a libation and that gets you drunk.

I hope my quotes in this passage came out correctly. This is my first post. My appologies if it hasn't, most of my comment has come from above comments.
An interesting site of literature: www.mt.net...
If you get a chance to read it, also read the sites that the linked words go into. It is so late and I need to sleep, but one of the links lead to an old story from an old Native American Indian Chief in California-quiet interesting.
edit on 16-11-2011 by luveyourworld because: atempting to correct quotes

edit on 16-11-2011 by luveyourworld because: atempting to correct quotes

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I was always kind of in favor of these guys. From Ezekiel's images of "wheels within wheels"(rotors and landing wheels), to revelations mention of smoke ascending from the "bottomless pit". Could that just be "dust off"? Pig faced men or faces of men, and sound of wings rushing like many chariots to battle. Attack helos make that kind of wup wup wup noise like horses thundering hooves? And indeed they do sting, and hurt men. Look like locusts from the side maybe? What else... eyes all around? 360 degree optics, thermal, star light etc. Dunno...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join