It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new member here, but maybe not for long HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The text on this site is BLACK the post background is DARK GREY. FFS! How do I fix it?!? I'm gonna go blind here people!

* I managed to change the links to red using my browser options, but the text won't change through that approach.

That out of the way, I hate doing 'introductions', and really can't think of anything anyone would want to know, or that I would want anyone to know. I'm really a very private person. In my nearly 10 years surfing the net on a daily basis, I have managed to avoid acquiring a stalker. I'd like to keep things that way.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by buffet of lies]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
On the upper left hand corner of your page, you will see a small link which says : 'go dark'.

Click on that.

Oh... and welcome to ATS

[edit on 22/6/09 by masqua]

link   
reply to post by buffet of lies

If you look at the top left of the page there is a "go dark/go light" option that should help with contrast.

And welcome to ATS.

Edit: What masqua said.

[edit on 22 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

link   
Interesting intro.

Hopefully no stalkers here

Enjoy yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS buffetoflies

Upper left corner of your screen under "home", click on "go dark". That's reverse the color scheme and delay your blindness.

Lots to see here....... Something drew you and changes are there's a whole lot more of that here. The search function to the right of member tools on your top toolbar is good for looking at archives, as well as making certain that new threads you create haven't already been done.

Give a holler if there is anything else we can help ya figure out.

cheers

edit to add: prolly a good thing to avoid verbose persons such as myself -- by the time I get around to answering a question the question has changed.

[edit on 22/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Don't worry about having to 'introduce yourself'..

It's not required that your personal info needs to be shared..

There are many here who keep their ID strictly private, even when they get to know a lot of other members here. It's not a problem and privacy and personal rights are respected.

Sometimes we get to find out who somebody really is when something big is opened up on ATS and the staff here usually confirm this.

You don't have to say diddly squat if you dont want to

Welcome to ATS and I'm sure we'll see you around on the forum

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Odd. Nothing changes when I click on the go light / dark link.

I guess I will just view pages with no style.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buffet of lies
The text on this site is BLACK the post background is DARK GREY. FFS! How do I fix it?!? I'm gonna go blind here people!

You want that fixed? You sure you want to 'go dark'? I can't even read when I go dark
Then I get blind!! I always 'go light'

bol: welcome on ATS
greats to Minnesota

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sorry but I have heard many times in my life that once you go black you cannot come back, so you may be stuck that way forever.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Gosh I hope not.

I did an 'experiment'. I logged out and looked at a thread. The text was white then, but when I am logged in it's black.

Does it have something to do with these points? I have 45 or so...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buffet of lies

I just discovered "go light/go dark" quite by accident!

My computer has tark gray post background, white text in "dark" mode and the opposite (well, light gray, not white background) and dark text in 'go light'.

Do you have a lot of ambient light on your screen? My laptop is near impossible to see when outside in daylight...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Is it recommened that people use IE to view this site? When I am on IE the layout is fine and perfectly readable. The go light / dark link works fine.

IE thread layout:

IE post layout:

FF thread layout:

FF post layout:

You see my problem? The links are green in the FF screen shots because if I had not changed them from black I wouldn't be able to see anything

So, is that how it's supposed to be?
Is there anyway to fix it so I can come here using FF?

Oh, and in FF I can't click on teh smiley's and have them show up in the reply box.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by buffet of lies]

new topics

top topics

join