It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sustainability and Hunger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

There are things people need to understand about hunger, courtesy of Food First:

... Abundance, not scarcity, best describes the world's food supply. Enough wheat, rice and other grains are produced to provide every human being with 3,200 calories a day. That doesn't even count many other commonly eaten foods - ­vegetables, beans, nuts, root crops, fruits, grass-fed meats, and fish. Enough food is available to provide at least 4.3 pounds of food per person a day worldwide: two and half pounds of grain, beans and nuts, about a pound of fruits and vegetables, and nearly another pound of meat, milk and eggs - ­enough to make most people fat! The problem is that many people are too poor to buy readily available food. Even most "hungry countries" have enough food for all their people right now. Many are net exporters of food and other agricultural products. ...

So remember this: we have enough food in the world to make everyone fat. Everyone.

Source: food.change.org...

This is what I have been saying all along. This is the foundation of the ideas in my book, The Abundance Paradigm. (I offer the book freely linked in my sig.)

If we shifted our perspective to incorpoate this and other facts, we would have no need to be slaves to anyone.

join