It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama:You must serve the government, not vice verca.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's right. The government no longer is here to serve you. YOU must raise your worker's hand and serve it! Do it! do it NAAAOW!

So what do you think? Is this the beginning of the end of the rule that the government exists to serve you?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
While not a huge fan of either of the Obamas...to me this sounds like the speech that JFK gave at his inauguration...

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

That's related to defending freedom, not the act of civil service and basically labor.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'll serve my government...

an eviction notice.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm doing way more than my fair share by giving up about half my income in taxes. What else does she want?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Your soul, it's friends, it's soul mate, and your first born's freedom.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by deadbang

That's related to defending freedom, not the act of civil service and basically labor.

No it had exactly to do with civil service and volunteering to help your community.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The concept and idea is good, but the way the Obama's put it leave a lot to be desired. Helping in the neighborhood is a good thing, takes a lot of work from everyone to keep a neighborhood clean and safe.

Most definately do not like the way Obama and his team has very subtly put it out there as a requirement to serve the government be it local, state, or federal. Bad things usually start out as good intentions, that would help or better individuals or communities. Sad though as someone with an agenda can very well take a good intention and use it to gain control.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I don't know, I've never seen in that way. There was growing threat of communism and Vietnam, and things were looking bleak, so the call to serve your nation, to me, sounds military based in that time period.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So I mean, what if I choose to volunteer to the community "Truth Seeker" information?

Oh, thats right, I'd be a terrorist.

Well dang.

(edit)
changed infotmation to information

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Ssemaje Jhrvys]

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The First Butt has spoken!
What is the black Yoko Ono saying now?

Her mouth will break up the democrat party into smaller dysfunctional groups.

Someone needs to slap her upside that head and remind her President Sotero works for US, not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'm not sure I understand you.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It comes down to the govt. can not afford to pay out for community services/tax breaks for community service so by asking people to give some time to their community it's that much less the govt. has to fund.

If people don't then in the upcoming years that part of the community will go down the toilet.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Did she mention the word "slaves"????

Thats what she means.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is just a backdoor to free labor.

I have been saying this for years. The Government will use "community service" as a means to free labor. If you work for the government for free they will provide the things that they think you need.

The elites have always been about free labor. They tried it with Hitler. This is why big money backed him.

The elites feel they have to control your behaviour. They can live lavish lifestyle but the common man just needs the basics and that's it.

Obama is truly about Volunteer work and Community work. It sounds good but it's not. With many political ideas, they appeal to emotion because emotion clouds reason.

The emotion behind volunteer wor and community service will block their true plans of a free labor.

Obama wants the Government to control the private sector. This way government can control pay structure not just for executives but employees as well.

You will not need to make more than the minimum to buy what you need instead of what you want.

This is why they love issues like global warming. They can say, use one sheet of toilet paper and live in a tree house in the name os saving the planet.

You always have to look for the motives behind the emotion with many Politicians. They are truly crooks that just want more control over you.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

She will get what she pays for. I don't think Obama will use Michelle's words as a campaign slogan when he runs again.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by eradown]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Asking me to do my part? Hmmm, aren't my tax dollars enough and my military service adequate? I feel I have fulfilled my role and then some. I pay my taxes, drive the speed limit, return books to the library on time, throw my trash in the proper waste basket, and the list goes on. So they want us to start doing their jobs that they have been elected to perform? That is what I think she is telling us to do.

Miss high and mighty it sounds like to me. I did this and I did that. Talk about stroking one's ego. I'm completely against impressment and that is the vibe I am getting from that announcement. I refuse to be an indentured servant and quite possible that is the road they are leading us down. If I wanted to perform public service, I would run for office or volunteer on my own accord. I don't need some noble telling me to do it. They have some nerve asking us to help our fellow citizens as they are living in the palaces on the hill looking down on us peasants and further insulating themselves with unspeakable wealth. Shame on all of them.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I will gladly "serve" in terms of volunteering and helping my fellow Americans when THEY start serving the children,elderly,homeless,and poor of this country who go hungry everyday a warm meal!!!

The fact that hunger in this country is swept under the rug disgusts me.

I have served on a food line...it's NOT just for "the poor",people who can't make ends meet,"regular folks" are going hungry as well,thousands of them.

I recently served left over pizza from a "movie set" to a couple of little girls who asked for "an extra piece so they'd have something to take to school tomorrow" and you ask ME to "serve???"

How about you start doing right by THEM??? Their parents both lost their jobs and they were living in their car trying to keep their family together...the girls were clean and cared for but dammed hungry.

I am so weary of being expected and demanded to "become a better person" morally when the tools that one needs to improve their lot in life continue to be MUCH more easily available to "people" like Miz Obama who grew up with a SOLID silver spoon in her mouth.

I wanna' slap that horrible fake flower off the side of her head,sorry.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think this is aimed at the American youth. She keeps talking about doing something useful this summer.

If I had a kid old enough to volunteer, I would keep her far away from this organization.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Serve.gov

Because volunteering will put a roof over your head and feed your family.

What flavor would you like your communism?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join