It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Time Travel Into The Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Future Time Travel Into The Past

eclecticcommons.telldat.net

Assuming that it would be possible to travel back in time, the present would have already been visited by someone from the future. Perhaps a possibility at a time when invention taps into the stream of ideas and discovers a way to do it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The thought of realizing one of the great fantasies of the imagination ever envisioned is captivating. Going backward or forward in time would present opportunities not only to move beyond the constraints of contemporary events but portray the patterns that define how things that do occur develop from a cause and effect relationship (Karma)

eclecticcommons.telldat.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jonpercepto

I think everyone agrees that time travel would be fantastic, but I'm not sure what you're driving at here; are you using Stephen Hawking's "Time Travel Tourist" theory to state that since we have not met any time travelling tourists from the future, time travel is not possible?

Because there is a realistic explanation for that; in some theoretical models of a time machine, it would be impossible to travel back in time further than the first instant the machine was turned on. These machines create a loop, an effective pathway back from the future to the point where the machine existed, but no further back.

I think I'm misunderstanding you though. Meh.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by '___'eviant]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What I was trying to elucidate about time travel is that its more complicated than the scientific achievement of building a machine to move through time/space. In order to go into the past say for example the time of Socrates, it would have to be possible to create a machine in which all the events from the point of origin into the past, including memory would have to be subtracted. So even if it were possible to go backward, retaining the memory of the present could not be recalled.

Additionally, what would happen when we bring back microbes and bacteria with us from the present It could decimate the population of the past who have not sufficiently evolved the immunity to the diseases of the present. That would effectively eliminate the past and alter the present and the future.

Presumably in ancient Greece we would have to be able to mix and mingle linguistically in the native language of where we traveled in a sufficiently coherent way so as to mix in and not draw any attention and be burned at the stake, if that is the mode of execution and die in the past, also changing what we may have accomplished in the present .

These examples I use only to illustrate that time travel is a bit more complicated and must take cultural, linguistic and sociological considerations that go beyond the mere science it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I always figure that before we can travel to the future we will have to master traveling to the past, after all the future is written by the events of the past.

So we may well be visited right now by people from the future and not even know it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am sure this is one reason why ufo technology is hidden, as it opens upto time travel, and we all know it could be dangerous.

You would suspect that it is highly guarded tech as we know mankind may have ufo tech already.

I am sure it is possible to go back in time, no matter what the grand father paradox states.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If there are visitors from other galaxies then there is a very real ability to warp space and time and "IF" that's true then by all means time travel is possible. "IF" we have been back engineering such crafts then TPTB know all to well the dangers of releasing such technology to the masses.

Butterfly effect

The butterfly effect is a phrase that encapsulates the more technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory. Small variations of the initial condition of a dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system. This is sometimes presented as esoteric behavior, but can be exhibited by very simple systems: for example, a ball placed at the crest of a hill might roll into any of several valleys depending on slight differences in initial position.

It is a common subject in fiction when presenting scenarios involving time travel and with "what if" scenarios where one storyline diverges at the moment of a seemingly minor event resulting in two significantly different outcomes.

But we don't have to get into all of that. Whats to prevent a nation or an individual from trying to play god and change his family or nations destiny by altering certain events in the time line. Once the time lines gets polluted then there really is no way to correct the change unless you go back and kill or destroy the actions of the person causing the change and now you've altered the time line again because there is no way of telling if for example that individuals descendants have the future cure for the 24th century plague on and on it goes. Where it stops nobody knows.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
People from the future travel back in time to vacation. People also do this to see their ancestors, ever notice strangers staring at you?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There was a short story about this by Isaac Asimov, During a meteor shower, where a man tries to avoid being killed by his wife by going back in time and trying different methods..all ending up with him getting shot in the head.

So the next attempt, he removed the gun completely from the house, before she came home.....

It ends with a news report about a man sitting in his house, who was killed by a small bullet sized meteor that fell from the sky and went through his head...

In terms of time travel, small changes to the event lines is essential, and perhaps time travellers know this fact to a degree.

However, large changes to an event CAN NOT destroy future event chains, so nature manipulates the disruption to re-emerge to the original time line, the larger the disruption the more you will witness amazing "miracles" or "divine intervention" as it heals back into place.

"Final Destination" is a play on this very premise.

Other miracles you witness could be a healing process in the time line.

I believe that if you were to go back and kill Hitler before the Holocaust, there would have been another "unlikely" person to assend the ladder of public power to do the very same thing.

In that regard, perhaps Hitler IS the answer to a time line manipulation where Jews were originally killed by some other circumstance or dictator.

Mind boggling to say the least. And nothing is impossible.
Human existence is a blink of an eye to the Universe...so is our knowledge in it's volumes.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The answer to this is simple. Timetravel can only be experienced first-hand, through YOUR OWN eyes, and no machine is needed ofr that. quatum physics proved it and it makes sense. consciousness, we are all ONE, all that has ever occured,and ever will occur is happening NOW. yo ucan go anywhere,anytime. but ONLY YOU, not someone else.

Even my future-self cant visit ME, because only I MYSELF can visit my past-self.

only thorugh your OWN EXPERIENCE is time-travel possible.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i've always thought of time as relative to the beholder.

Hence the meaning "time flies" Or "time is creeping by"

time, as we define it, as constant and never changing.

By implying that it is possible to revisit a period in ones perception of life prior to a current event, you are also implying that everything that is happening right this instant, has already happened, thus a chain reaction all way the way to the end is already in place and the destruction of our race has already happened.

So if in the future, time travel is possible, then why haven't we met any time travelers sent back to warn us?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sorry to break this to you, but time travel is not possible. Time doesn't even exist. It is an illusion.

There is only a NOW, and NOW is always changing, and that causes the illusion of time.

When our minds experience change, our memory stores reference points of each change, and we organize those references points from first to last, and that gives us the illusion of past and present (time).

An object like a rock however doesn't have memory like ours, and doesn't store reference points, doesn't order them, and doesn't have the illusion of time. It just always exists, and always changes. Only to living beings does the rock appear to be traveling forward in time. To the rock, it only knows NOW, and it doesn't even "know" that.

It's like the difference between a picture and a video. A picture is ONE reference point, no beginning and no end. A video is multiple reference points from beginning to end. We think we live in a video, but we really live in a picture.

Although, the picture is changing and we think it is like a video, it is not a video, because we can't go back, or rewind. You can't rewind a picture, even if it is constantly changing, because it is only one frame of reference. A picture is only ONE instance. A video can be rewound because it has multiple frames, and it physically keeps all its frames, and is multiple instances. Life is just one picture, one frame, one instance, that is always changing. We can't rewind or fast forward the picture, because there is no frames to rewind to, and no frames to fast forward to. There is only one frame of NOW.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think the last poser has a VALID point. And I have heard arguments as to that is time travel were to exist it would change the past and so forth.

What if ... you are exactly right. NOW , is the only time that effects anything. Even to the point if time travel was available it only affected NOW. Or technically then. But whenever they were to travel again the doing was undone because it never really happend. Hmmm interesting. What if the PAST didn't affect the Future !?!?!? Just a thought, Why does the Past have to effect the future it was the past and TECHNICALLY it already happend.

People see flashes all the time. And Possibly time travel has already affected your life. ALIENS, hahahah thats just Humans with futuristic technology. OK this is becoming a silly thought Revert to the second paragraph and re-read. lol

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

again,yuo guys forget about infinite timelines, u cant change YOUR OWN past,the memories you have will always be with your consciousness, HOWEVER,you can go and create a new timeline,by changing things in that past, meeting yourself etc. IT would still be the NOW for me,the time-traveller. Even for the time-traveller, there is only one moment, the NOW. whether that NOW is in 2009 or 1989 doesnt matte,r it is still NOW for him.

So the NOW being the only thing does not at all prove that timetravel is impossible.

If it was,Im sure many souls would opt not to exist at all. At least I would,too boring then,I cant do stuff I want.no fun.Id rather destroy my sou lenergy or whatever.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
our brain is a computer so really, I am starting to believe that maybe this all is a computer simulation of some kind

why not?

when you stop to think how amazing things are here, really, all the things acomplished ... its unbelievable

why everyone seems to think that a god must exists ... because is really hard to believe that everything that we have today was some kind of random event ...

so, what if we are a computer simulation, maybe there are many simulations and you can create another one every time you make a decision or an action, so, time travel would be possible but it would create another simulation ... so, you wouldnt be able to save someone ... but maybe create the person and the situation again and save the other copy ...

well, who knows ahhaha ... thats the only way I could think to make time travel possible ... otherwise ANY action would change everything, and I mean it .. ANYTHING

top topics

join