It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accountability for Information Awareness program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
www.dslreports.com reports
excerpt
'Feeling Congressional heat, the Defense Department announced on Friday the formation of two committees to examine privacy issues and oversight of the Total Information Awareness Program. The Pentagon stated its hope that the committees will allay fears of TIA operating outside the bounds of "U.S. constitutional law, U.S. statutory law and American values related to privacy". Senator Ron Wyden (D. Ore.), sponsor of the budget amendment calling for accountability, explains "neither of these [committees] should take the place of legal safeguards written in the law and strong congressional oversight."

I hope you guys really support these committees as to me it looks like there is SOME control left by and for the people.

Defense Dept. Accouncment news.com.com...

Senator Wyden's talk in Congress....very good

wyden.senate.gov...

excerpt
'My concern is the program that has been developed by Mr. Poindexter is going forward without congressional oversight and without clear accountability and guidelines. That is why I think it is important for the Senate, as we reflect on the need to fight terrorism while balancing the need to protect the rights of our citizens, to emphasize how important it is a program like this be subject to congressional oversight, and that there be clear accountability'

This guy is awesome, need more like him. I urge you to read the rest of his speech.

[Edited on 9-2-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, I'll be [email protected] actually *are* a few good politicians left in existance!

...However, there seems to be too *few* of them left to effectively conteract the greedy ones who hold a vast majority...

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No there are quite a few actually, mostly the Republicans.

But we all know that they are pretty much over-run by filthy democrats, as the democrats have taken over the megalopoli through sh.itty school systems and deprevations of commonsense, that can't be lost on a farm.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Please notice, FM, that I don't put "party labels" on politicians in general...That's because *both* parties are full of @$$e$ who continue to screw over the citizens.

It never matter which party wins the race, the citizens still lose.

top topics

join