It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vedic influence upon the masonic tracing board?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
More and more I believe that western masonry drew it's esoteric knowledge and traditions from the well of the anchient east.

On the masonic tracing board we see a ladder to the stars. At the Jantar Mantar we see stairs to the stars.

Masonic tracing board

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3ff52746b58.jpg[/atsimg]

Samrat Yantra at Jantar Mantar

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d75003d9259.jpg[/atsimg]

The Jantar Mantar is a collection of architectural astronomical instruments, built by Maharaja (Ruler) Jai Singh II at his then new capital of Jaipur between 1727 and 1734.

So maybe Jai Singh II was somehow influenced by western masonry?

Somehow I think it was the other way round. I think that vedic mathmatics had an influence upon western masonry. ref: www.vedicsciences.net...

The name is derived from jantar ("instrument"), and Mantar ("formula", or in this context "calculation"). Therefore jantar mantar means literally 'calculation instrument'.

The observatory consists of fourteen major geometric devices for measuring time, predicting eclipses, tracking stars in their orbits, ascertaining the declinations of planets, and determining the celestial altitudes and related ephemerides.

The samrat yantra, for instance, which is a sundial, can be used to tell the time to an accuracy of about two seconds in Jaipur local time. The Giant Sundial, known as the Samrat Yantra (The Supreme Instrument) is the world's largest sundial, standing 27 meters tall. Its shadow moves visibly at 1 mm per second, or roughly a hand's breadth (6 cm) every minute, which for most people is a visibly profound experience.

Students of astronomy and Vedic astrology are required to take some of their lessons at the observatory, and it can be said that the observatory is the single most representative work of Vedic thought that still survives, apart from the texts.

en.wikipedia.org...(Jaipur)

[edit on 22-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A ladder is a common tool used all over the world.
Why does it have to be related to Maharajah jai Singh II alone?
Just because it has a slant similar to the ladder in the pic?

The Jantar Matars in both Jaipur and New delhi were built in the early 18th century.

Freemasonry is supoosed to be around from the 14th century.

Why the wait?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That would be Jacob's Ladder my boy, Jacob's Ladder. Sorry for the one liner Mods.

new topics

join