It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda threatens to use Pakistan nukes against the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by Ownification

Bobby, is that you? No seriously, is this an AE?

No I'm not bobby and what does AE stand for?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Don't give the blind proof. They don't deserve it. Let them live their lives filled with lies, and maybe one day, then they'll realize millions of people died for no reason.

They are a waste of time. There's no need to elaborate.

Those who matter don't mind; Those who mind don't matter.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

bobby, seriously, do you need a tissue? You sound like someone just took away your puppy. Wait, it was probably the CIA!! Uh oh, pesky Americans taking away peoples puppies, how cruel can they be? Now I know why the rest of the world hates us.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So lets see he logs off and you show up you log off and he shows up.

Then you talk to yourself

Things cant be that bad can they?
OY Vey!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

NBC News reported in May 2002 that a formal National Security Presidential Directive submitted two days before September 11, 2001 had outlined essentially the same war plan that the White House, the CIA and the Pentagon put into action after the Sept. 11 attacks. The plan dealt with all aspects of a war against al-Qaida, ranging from diplomatic initiatives to military operations in Afghanistan, including outlines to persuade Afghanistan’s Taliban government to turn al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden over to the United States, with provisions to use military force if it refused.

According to a 2004 report by the bipartisan commission of inquiry into 9/11, on the very next day, one day before the September 11, 2001 attacks, the Bush administration agreed on a plan to oust the Taliban regime in Afghanistan by force if it refused to hand over Osama bin Laden.

On October 7, 2001, before the onset of military hostilities, the Taliban did offer to try bin Laden in Afghanistan in an Islamic court.[37] This offer was rejected by the U.S., and the bombing of targets within Afghanistan by U.S. and British forces commenced the same day.

October 14, 2001, seven days into the U.S./British bombing campaign, the Taliban offered to surrender Osama bin Laden to a third country for trial, if the bombing halted and they were shown evidence of his involvement in the September 11 terrorist attacks. This offer was also rejected by U.S. President Bush, who declared "There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty."

LinkForExternalLinks

See if you weren't brainwashed I would expect you to suddenly realize something due to the fact that you actually recieved evidence, but I have dealth with at least 100 people like you in the past.

[edit on 033030p://30b6 by Ownification]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, you are right I shift shape and mold into different usernames and people within seconds. Oh wait, maybe that's the whiskey bottle talking.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

OMG, exactly what I was just thinking. BTW, I clicked on this thread at exactly 3:50. Bobby posted at 3:48. The guy above him was logged off, the avatar said 6 minutes ago. (so, he logged off at 3:44 and Bobby posted at 3:48?)

BTW, AE= Alter Ego

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Sorry Slayer, we had to take it out in the parking lot really quick. I just got back from changing my bloody t-shirt, I put it in the trash can, so I hope the CIA doesnt find it and stage a false flag with it. How could I be so sloppy?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Bobbylove, prove it. Prove everything you are saying. Start with 911 please, you know, how America did it to itself. Then follow up with every terrorist attack. Show me the proof. That is what we do here on ATS, not just run our mouth. Or will you behave like an insolent child and say 'I don't have to'?

You are a hater Boobylove, you are anti American and I CAN prove it, anyone who can click on your name can prove it.

Proof dude, or get off the pot.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I don't need to show you proof. It's not worth my time, and you certainly don't deserve it.

I'd rather go out and re-enact the movie Super Size Me.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

Don't give the blind proof. They don't deserve it. Let them live their lives filled with lies, and maybe one day, then they'll realize millions of people died for no reason.

They are a waste of time. There's no need to elaborate.

Those who matter don't mind; Those who mind don't matter.

Actually I like pissing them off, it is my weekly hobby. When ever I have time I come here and show them how ignorant they are and once you do that they will either disapear from this site or just create a new name with a slite better change of ideas.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Quick run over to the other keyboard.

Gotta keep up the sham!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

No need to switch to other keyboard. I can shift shape remember? I can be you right now.

"Hi I'm slayer69 and I think there were cave men behind 9/11".

This whole thread has turned into a joke, or maybe it's the whiskey bottle talking again.

I don't know, you tell me slayer69.

"I don't know either".

Soon I will turn into a Mod and make this post an "OFF Topic" post.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by bobbylove321]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Really man, Wikipedia? Is that your only source for information ?

link   
reply to post by space cadet

You know, Ima be real here for just a second, just to take a break from Bobby.
When it comes to 911, theres a lot of evidence out there that can be pointed towards our own govt, and at the same time, there is absolutely NO HARD eveidence just yet that ACTUALLY proves that it is done VIA Govt. With that said, I am kind of on the fence still with the whole 911 issue.
But THIS, no. This is NOT of our making, in ANYWAY. These are foreign countries with THIER OWN problems. America is the radddest country n all, but we arent THAT rad to where we can effect EACH nations problems with one another. These battles have been going on longer then the US has even been alive, this has NOTHING to do with us. People like Bobby over there, spend too much time on conspiracy theories and not enough time on what actually is. Its good tobelieve in conspiracies, and to try to get the proof, but when someone sits there all night blaming everything in the world on one entity, you know that that person has pretty much shut themselves out from reality.

link   
I'm not gonna say I agree with bobbylove about everything, but I think he was saying something about how if al quaeda got a nuke, it would be our fault since we created al quaeda by occupying countries that we have no business in all over the world. I believe the terrorist organization in question has expressed that as being their reason for hating america.

Bobbylove doesn't think that a country as corrupt as america really needs to be policing the world and he may very well be right. It's not that other countries aren't corrupt too, but the US certainly doesn't have a clean record. It can't feel good to have a country like the US trying to occupy your country or a neighboring country, and bringing al kinds of weapons, or even attempting to build a "missile defense system".....in the end I think that kind of behavior destroys our goodwill. And goodwill could take decades to replace...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

With all the has been going on in the Middle East and central Asia over the past few years. I've noticed that some members here at ATS are very well read and command a very good understanding of the situation. I've also noticed that many here do not. So You know me I'll try to bring it all together in one location.

So lets begin

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/126a0d526663.png[/atsimg]

Before 1991, the states of Central Asia were marginal backwaters, republics of the Soviet Union that played no major role in the Cold War relationship between the USSR and the United States, or in Soviet Union's relationship with the principal regional powers of Turkey, Iran, and China. But, in the 1990s, the dissolution of the Soviet Union coincided with the re-discovery of the energy resources of the Caspian Sea, attracting a range of international oil companies including American majors to the region. Eventually, the Caspian Basin became a point of tension in U.S.-Russian relations. In addition, Central Asia emerged as a zone of conflict. Violent clashes erupted between ethnic groups in the region's Ferghana Valley. Civil war in Tajikistan, in 1992-1997, became entangled with war in Afghanistan. Faltering political and economic reforms, and mounting social problems provided a fertile ground for the germination of radical groups, the infiltration of foreign Islamic networks, and the spawning of militant organizations like the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU). The IMU first sought to overthrow the government of President Islam Karimov in Uzbekistan, later espoused greater ambitions for the creation of an Islamic caliphate (state) across Central Asia, and eventually joined forces with the Taliban in Afghanistan. With the events of September 11, 2001 and their roots in the terrorist groups operating in Afghanistan, Central Asia came to the forefront of U.S. attention

(click to open player in new window)

The Great Game.

The Great Game was a term used for the strategic rivalry and conflict between the British Empire and the Russian Empire for supremacy in Central Asia.

The new Great Game

Crude oil, once seen as a wealth-creating blessing for mankind, is fast turning into the “devil’s tears”. The struggle to control the world’s remaining energy reserves increasingly culminates in bloody conflicts and the killing of innocent civilians, with the war in Iraq only being the latest example. In The New Great Game, Central Asia, known as the "black hole of the earth" for much of the last century. The Caspian Sea contains the world’s largest amount of untapped oil and gas resources. It is estimated that there might be as much as one hundred billion barrels of crude oil in the former Soviet republics of Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan alone.

Taliban

The Taliban initially enjoyed enormous good will from Afghans weary of the corruption, brutality, and the incessant fighting of Mujahideen warlords. Two contrasting narratives explain the beginnings of the Taliban.[12] One is that the rape and murder of boys and girls from a family traveling to Kandahar or a similar outrage by Mujahideen bandits sparked Mullah Omar and his students to vow to rid Afghanistan of these criminals.[13] The other is that the Pakistan-based truck shipping mafia known as the "Afghanistan Transit Trade" and their allies in the Pakistan government, trained, armed, and financed the Taliban to clear the southern road across Afghanistan to the Central Asian Republics of extortionate bandit gangs.[14]

Alhough there is no evidence that the CIA directly supported the Taliban or Al Qaeda, some basis for military support of the Taliban was provided when, in the early 1980s, the CIA and the ISI (Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency) provided arms to Afghans resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and the ISI assisted the process of gathering radical Muslims from around the world to fight against the Soviets. Osama Bin Laden was one of the key players in organizing training camps for the foreign Muslim volunteers. The U.S. poured funds and arms into Afghanistan, and "by 1987, 65,000 tons of U.S.-made weapons and ammunition a year were entering the war."[15]

Almost 70% of Afghanistan is controlled and ran by regional chieftains who don't care for the Taliban or the New Government. They were the ones who helped the US over throw the Taliban in the first place. They remembered when we helped them fight off the Soviets. So they returned the favor. The problem is that many of our generals and troops don't know that history and end up making new enemies of the ones who helped us in he first place. The same goes for Pakistani Tribal Chieftains they don't want the Taliban there either!

www.google.com

Pakistan tribe agrees to hand over Taliban

KHAR, Pakistan (AP) — A tribe in a Pakistani region where the military has fought insurgents has agreed to stop sheltering foreign fighters and hand over local Taliban leaders, authorities said. Pakistan has previously signed such pacts with tribes in its northwest regions bordering Afghanistan, and they tend to unravel.

But Monday's agreement in the Bajur tribal area came after the army said it had defeated insurgents there after six months of fighting. Bajur is a rumored hiding place of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, and the offensive there has earned praise from American officials who are concerned that militants use Pakistan as a base from which to plan attacks in Afghanistan.

www.timesonline.co.uk

US sacks top military commander in Afghanistan

The top US military commander in Afghanistan was sacked today after both the Pentagon and the White House decided that “fresh thinking” was needed to win the war. General David McKiernan, who has spent just 11 months in charge of Nato forces in Afghanistan, will be replaced by Lieutenant-General Stanley McChrystal who previously led the special operations command and is credited with killing the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Lieutenant-General David Rodriguez will be handed a new position of deputy commander of US forces in Afghanistan.

So instead of learning from our mistakes and making the changes needed to bring stability to the region. We do what is exactly the opposite of whats needed. We bring in a big gun so to speak and replace one General with another. I wonder if he understands the history? Who is the new guy?

General Stanley McChrystal

No one would have mentioned his name at all if President George W. Bush hadn't singled him out in public. Lt. Gen. Stanley McChrystal, West Point '76, is not someone the Army likes to talk about. He isn't even listed in the directory at Fort Bragg, N.C., his home base. That's not because McChrystal has done anything wrong—quite the contrary, he's one of the Army's rising stars—but because he runs the most secretive force in the U.S. military. That is the Joint Special Operations Command, the snake-eating, slit-their-throats "black ops" guys who captured Saddam Hussein and targeted Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi.

Why is Central Asia so important?
I'll tell you it's not for peaceful means. It's a power grab. Nobody's hands are clean. All the powers that be have their hand in this mess. The US is just the most obvious.

Undoubtedly Central Asia's strategic importance in international affairs is growing. The rivalries among Russia, China, United States, Iran, India, and Pakistan not tomention the ever-changing pattern of relations among local states (five former Soviet republics and Afghanistan) make the region's importance obviously clear. Central Asia's strategic importance for Washington, Moscow, and Beijing varies with each nation s perception of its strategic interests. Washington focuses primarily on Central Asia as an important theater in the war on terrorism. Additionally, it is viewed as a theater where America might counter a revived Russia or China, or a place to blunt any extension of Iranian influence. Moscow and Beijing view the region as a vital locale for defending critical domestic interests. This asymmetry of interest is a major factor in the competition among states for influence in the region.

Kazakhstan

Oil and gas is the leading economic sector. Production of oil and gas condensate in Kazakhstan amounted to 67.2 million tons in 2007, an increase from 64.5 million tons in 2006. Kazakhstan exported 60.2 million tons of oil and gas condensate in 2007. Natural gas production in Kazakhstan in 2007 amounted to 16.6 billion cubic meters. Kazakhstan holds about 4 billion tons of proven recoverable oil reserves and 3 trillion cubic meters of gas. Industry analysts believe that planned expansion of oil production, coupled with the development of new fields, will enable the country to produce as much as 3 million barrels per day by 2015, lifting Kazakhstan into the ranks of the world's top 10 oil-producing nations. Kazakhstan's 2005 oil exports were valued at $17.4 billion, representing over 70% of overall exports. Major oil and gas fields and their recoverable oil reserves are Tengiz (7 billion barrels); Karachaganak (8 billion barrels and 1,350 billion cubic meters of natural gas); and Kashagan (7-9 billion barrels).

The Great Game Revisited

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

oh I knew it, you chose the insolent child!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Thank you, you said what I was trying to say.

End of story.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Really man, Wikipedia? Is that your only source for information ?

Don't worry I won't leave you any place to hide, I'll bring you more sources, more credible sources. You seem to think that you are the first one who rejected wikipedia. All individual who ask for proof and when they get it but can’t handle it they reject it ^^

How is CNN for you

archives.cnn.com...

You want BBC I give you BBC

news.bbc.co.uk...

Seriously there isn't anywhere for you to hide. Might as well just leave the website enough embarrassment for one day.

By the way why do you think Wikipedia is funny?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join