It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Iranian Protests Another US Orchestrated "Color Revolution?" Is This the Culmination of Tw

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
News bits about Iran,

Link:
battleforworld.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by tristar

i'm sure there are cracks and infighting in the theocracy, i just don't think it'll destabilise the entire system.

as far as russia and china go, there is about as much chance of them being overly critical of iran as there is of the us being critical of the saudi's, even if they were inclined to be critical, which i doubt considering their political histories.

reply to post by Donnie Darko

i commend the optimistic outlook, i'm afraid i find it hard not to be cynical. you might well be right.

[edit on 23/6/09 by pieman]

Although one thing that can be dismissed is that preperations and the war drums are beating as we speak within the Israeli armed forces. Obama speech was far from random and by the press saying it was extending it hand in friendship was as real as me being superman.

The administartion is exactly as the saying goes, "calm before the storm", all indication are showing that the burst in oil prices indicates that the U.S. is re-filling its reserves for its next confrontation. Israel has been given the unofficial green light to do as was discussed early in 2008.

C.I.A. report threat assessments have stated that unless the government does not change in Iran a more than likely option would be a military intervention on a limited scale.

Since Russia has many Billion dollar contracts with cheap oil from Iran amongst other contracts such as defense, medical and the space industry.
There are serious complications with Iran which will not go away with a change of government. A change in power within Iran will more than likely allow access to a market the U.S. was denied in the mid 70's.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Exactly so a crumbling from within would work out the best instead of a full scale invasion. It would also put a huge dent in China's oil supply. Slow that tremendous growth down to a trickle and rain them in.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

the war drums are beating but they have a hollow ring to them. the US is to overstretched to do anything except a few air strikes and if isreal, which is a tiny country, tried to occupy iran, a really big hostile country, they're going to land themselves in all kind of hot water. they wouldn't risk it.

reply to post by SLAYER69

reign china in?
china will buy oil at any price to sustain growth, they don't give a crap. ultimately, the state pays the bills and they are growing the economy for ideological reasons rather than economic ones. whatever it costs, they'll buy enough oil to sustain their growth.

all that'll happen is you and i will have to pay whatever china is willing to spend, not a happy scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join