It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK becoming a muslim nation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Browsing the news, I notice this article:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

BBC's appointment of Muslim as head of religion is 'worrying', Anglicans warn
The appointment of a Muslim as the BBC's head of religious broadcasting is a "worrying" development that could further undermine the corporation's coverage of Christianity, Anglicans have warned.

By Matthew Moore
Published: 4:31PM BST 21 Jun 2009
Members of the General Synod, the parliament of the Church of England, are to vote on a motion condemning the decline of religious programming on BBC television, amid complaints that Christians are now only depicted as "freak shows".
In a report published today (MONDAY) to accompany the motion, the corporation's decision to recruit Aaqil Ahmed from Channel 4 to head its religious and ethical output is singled out for particular criticism....

Is this an act of self defense, proactively joining the muslim nations to prevent from getting attacked? Will the UK follow the steps of Holland, (from what I've been told) it's difficult to find Dutch blood anymore?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
dutch blood
the nazi's are calling and they want the reactionary sensationalist nonsense back.

oh no, a muslim controlling our religious programming, the weak minded might be programmed to follow the teachings of mohamhead instead of jebus cripes, whatever shall we do.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Hasn't there been talk of introducing Sharia (sp) Law to the UK? Scares the heck out of me when there could be public stonings of women in Hyde Park.

When are they going to turn St. James Cathedral into a mosque?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

That would be certain guidelines of shariah law..ie British law would still be supreme but it would allow some Muslim laws to be introduced as long as they don't interfere with british law.There is nothing wrong with that.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Nope the sharia law deals with domestic issues between muslim weddings and the like.

Besides I think the likes of the BNP (as much as i despise them) will forever balance out the fanatical Muslims.

The Uk might look soft, but get us wound up and you'll see a tougher, harder side to us...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Britsh lawmakers would allow this? I understand it wouldn't affect all that much, but isn't there the idealogical thought of "getting your foot in the door" to make more radical changes?
The Koran (from what I understand) isn't a very 'forgiving' book.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Don't worry, the UK wont become a Muslim nation. Unless theres a huge Import of people from the middle east. People are waking up, what i mean by that is, people are seeing past Religion now. Religions are dying.....

IMO.....

Tsom87

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

They already integrate jewish law from the torah in some circumstances into British law...only fair they do the same for muslims and shariah law.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have family and friends in the Netherlands, never fear the Dutch are still alive and kicking.

I think having Sharia even for domestic problems is a step backwards, it does not have a good track record on the treatment of women.

I disagree with having a Muslim head of religious broadcasting, we are after all still a Christian country.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

What do you think the purpose of only introducing a few of the laws would be? Oh sure, there is nothing wrong with a few Sharia laws that don't interfere with British law. However, that would only be the beginning. The rest of it would follow later. Heck, they have you so run down now that this proposal doesn't shock you; you are for it.

How about other religions? Assuming none violate British law, would you allow Roman Catholic Canon Law? How about the religion that is the law of the land, the Anglican Church? Who would enforce these laws? What courts would they use? Who will pay for it?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The only arguement I'd have with that is we are not involved in a war with fanatical jews. I can understand respecting others religions but where do you draw the line? Here in the states, if you are a christian fanatic, they practically toss you in jail. But with the PC crowd, you can do or say almost anything without fear of reprisal.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

The jewish population already have such discrepancies when it comes to British law...i dont see you protesting about them.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Here in the states, if you are a christian fanatic, they practically toss you in jail.

what does practically mean, exactly? elect you as president, twice? give you a TV station? encourage you to protest a funeral or two?

not that any of this has anything to do with the thread.

[edit on 21/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You hit the nail on the head. They are just testing the waters. This in my opinion is like the NWO folks who start slowly, maybe take a century or two of set up but once they are in place it is too late. It seems the Muslim population in the UK refuse to integrate into their adopted culture but want you to adopt to them. If they are showing you this after very short immigration times, it is as you say, they are 'getting their foot in the door' and they will only ask for more later.

BTW-off topic-your sig reminds me of a Dr. Maxwell.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Let's suppose that the UK became a predominately muslim country, does this mean we all have to abide by muslim based laws?

I don't think so. If you are muslim, fine. Don't expect non muslims to follow muslim based laws.

So, you might say, where does that leave us? a set of laws for people of muslim faith and a seperate set of laws for non muslim people?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The Jewish population is a different subject altogether. They have been in England since the 9th century and not are relative newcomers like a lot of the current Muslim population. The Jewish population helped build England and finance her. However, they should not make any exception except for the legal Church of England.

link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Here in the states, if you are a christian fanatic, they practically toss you in jail.

what does practically mean, exactly? elect you as president, twice? give you a TV station? encourage you to protest a funeral or two?

not that any of this has anything to do with the thread.

[edit on 21/6/09 by pieman]

I'm just saying that there is more tolerance for other religions than there is christian. Christians seem to be the 'whipping boy' of the left anymore.
The danger is that some religions aren't as tolerant as others.

link   
Muslims make up less then 5%

Think the Telegraph is becoming too alarmist.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
From the outside the war with Ireland seems to be both sides of the same coin. And you can imagine adding Islamic law into the mix if it becomes widespread.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

No, Muslim countries don't care if you don't believe what they do they will still make you follow their religious law. Remember our famous Dubai couple caught on the beach. They learned the lawthe hard way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join