It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar is not showing on forums!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zetetic_of_Truth

Let me know if you want me to upload the new one.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
hey thanks for this thread!!!
I had wondered what happened to my kitty..
I followed the tutorial in the vid and it worked perfectly..

now I have a question..
how do you change the color and size of your text in the posting area?

sometimes you want to highlight a sentence or phrase for emphasis..
I am reasonably familiar with HTML such as red
but have no experience with bb code.. and it appears to be turned off even though it says its turned on..
and where do you get the blue smilies?

also while previewing this, my full HTML color code doesn't show up..

also the preview page does not exactly correspond to what is eventually in the post..

[edit on 22-6-2009 by pccat]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Zetetic_of_Truth

Let me know if you want me to upload the new one.

Thanks man, having trouble picking what I want, but when I do I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
my avatar inst showing up either, can a mod please help, it used to show up

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angryjessman

You have your avatar hosted on an outside server. We no longer allow that.

You must host it on the ATS Media Site...

Check out this link for complete information.

Semper

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis
[more
This is some kind of joke right ?
I try to follow the instructions in your link to the letter , follow sceptic overlords video etc .
Thing is , when I try to follow the video guide , it is completely different to what I see on my screen .
He says go up to MEMCENTRE button ? There is no such button ? I've been trying for months to find it , it simply isn't there ?
There is MEMBER TOOLS thats it .
I've tried to go into that , which brings up the MY PICURES page .
I followed the video guide with appeared the same , entered the picture captions etc like the video says , browsed my photos for the appropriate pic , clicked on upload , and instead of bringing up the page on the video , it brings me to My Album instead .
WTH ?
On this page it gives you the option of using one of my uploaded pics under it , but it doesn't work .
Looks nothing like the page displayed in the video guide ?
What the hell made you guys use such an overly complicated and stupid forum as the one this one is run on ?
For gods sake , use V_bullin ! it is a way better format to fun a forum such as this
get with the times lol

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I agree completly, it's really outdated for such a site as ATS and makes it look bad. Uploading and getting an avatar to show correctly should NOT be this buggy and hard, it's ridiculous. ATS needs to get with the times, it's like you're stuck with pre-web 2.0 avatar uploading technology or some ****, I don
t know what the problem is, I've done the same thing, uploaded my avatar to my albums on media @ ATS, click options then set it as my avatar and it says "The image has been set as your avatar! " but yet it never shows up and I don't know why or what to do. Why is it so complicated? Why does it need to be?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

The "Media Site" set as Avatar, only sets it as the avatar for the folder in the Media Site..

The basics for setting an avatar at ATS have not changed, only where it is hosted..

Once you host it on the Media Site, you then still, just like it has always been, need to go to the ATS Member Account Settings and insert the URL for the avatar in order for it to show on the ATS site.

That has never changed...

Only where it can be hosted..

Semper

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for all the help everyone. Sounds like this is hit and miss for a few of us. The issue has me feeling like a retard though. I've followed the video and reset both my passwords just in case. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join