It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian Punnett - opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Is he cool? Or a tool?

Funny? Or unfunny?

Is he a good host? Or is he a worse host for Coast to Coast than a ghost?

I have mixed feelings about him.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Punnett has far more integrity than Noory. Punnett will call someone out on their BS...

George (master of the puff piece) Noory just Ooh's & Ahh's and then asks questions that the guest answered 5 minutes earlier. Who knows what Noory believes? It changes from week to week depending on who's butt he's kissing up to... like he did with Zahi Hawass. What a let down. And who can forget the Ouija Board fiasco last year! Meh! Wimp!

Is Punnett funny? IMHO Yep!
Is he smart and witty? IMHO Yep!

Does he deserve to be on C2C? Big Yep!

Knapp should take over, Punnett should ride shotgun and Noory should go back to a backwater radio station until he retires.

IRM

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ian has more of a backbone than Noory, he isn't afraid to tell someone their story is a little suspect. But I'm not much for some of his choices in guests that he brings to the show, nor the fact that he reads from a script when he's not taking calls.

George Knapp is my favorite host, he calls em as he sees em and isn't bothered if he steps on toes. He brings an edge the show that comes with being a "real" investigative journalist.

I agree that Knapp should take over the show; Noory can have open line Fridays to give the loonies someone who understands them and their tinfoil hats and Ian can keep Sundays.

Or, if it were possible... Art would come back to C2C full time and do Mon-Fri, Knapp would do Sat&Sun and Noory and Ian would be looking for work

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Would much rather have Art Bell back at the helm....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
Noory can have open line Fridays to give the loonies someone who understands them and their tinfoil hats

LOL! Well said! I think open lines would be the perfect forum for Noory. It would be great to have Art back... I enjoyed his occasional dry cynicism and ability to give a good interview... who knows, he's come out of retirement before.

Until then, or when hell freezes over, (whichever comes first) Knapp's my man!

IRM

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
George can be a bore, especially if you've got a new guest in a subject he knows nothing about. I do like some of the topics George has brought to the show, NWO, Alex Jones, David Icke, etc. Art Bell seems to be running away from stuff like that, even refusing to talk about it! Ian doesnt seem to like to talk about that stuff either.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Yes, I guess I should have been more specific. I miss the old Art Bell.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
yes old Art did rock. Before any of his family issues, legal problems, back issues. Nothing was better than open lines with Art. If you were an interesting call he would actually let you talk for a while. Remember the area 51 caller? George would probably have cut that guy off after 5 minutes, lol.
In respones to the original question, I do like Ian, some of his guests are cool, he brings a different feel to the show with his true crime stories.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I personally like Ian.

He gives me a break from George, and that in and of itself is a blessing.

Knapp, as it has been said, should take the wheel (until) Art comes back.. hey I can dream can't I?

Ian is good at bringing stories that are a little more "down to earth".. I personally get tired of UFOs and remote viewing 12 out of 3 days a week..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It doesn't matter anymore. C2C at one time took on "high strangeness" now it just seems one big ad for people selling books and tapes, radios, prostrate therapy, food in 5 gal. buckets, etc. C2C has been ruined by it own popularity.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ian Punnett, how can he not be cool! He reads comic books!

He also has comic writers on his show (writer David Mack-"Kabuki" creator)
and his "crypto news" at the openning of each show is great!

He knows how to keep the show flowing.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
If you were an interesting call he would actually let you talk for a while.

LOL yeah... I remember when he even gave JC an hour show. I miss JC too! He's probably boiling in the pits of sewerage... I uploaded the JC collection to torrent a couple of years back. I think the download is still active at TPB.

IRM

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by crw2006
If you were an interesting call he would actually let you talk for a while.

LOL yeah... I remember when he even gave JC an hour show. I miss JC too! He's probably boiling in the pits of sewerage... I uploaded the JC collection to torrent a couple of years back. I think the download is still active at TPB.

IRM

OMG JC was the bomb. That guy was hilarious.

I wonder what his issue was ... just a joker?

new topics

top topics

join