It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Verse Merchant instrumental

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
PODcast:

Verse Merchant instrumental

A beat I made to think to.

Thank you for listening and Enjoy!

length: 04:28
file: btsmpod_3283.mp3
size: 10489k
feed: btsm

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I really like it man, you've got some great stuff. Getting sort of a city with rain sidewalk kinda feel to it, like walking and thinking & pondering.

What do you use to make these, you have a synth and a pad, or is it software?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Thank you for the compliments man. I use FL studio everything; sampling, sequencing, synth creation, drum sculpting, cutting/chopping, compression, many svt synths, quality post production tools - reverbs/phasers/delay etc. Image-Line have really created quite a product/tool/workshop over the years in my opinion. Been using for 6-7 years and keep learning every day.

I think everyone should make music. You can get the software for free, full usage, you just can't save projects. You can still export them to mp3.

Thakn you again Jip.

Edit: I have an mpd drum machine but there's too much of a lag with my setup for some reason? It's too aggravating to press out beats when what you hear is so off track.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by depth om]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Oh ok cool, yea I'll have to try that out. I play guitar and such, and write songs, but my recording setup is atrocious and everything comes out sounding horrible, so I've given up until I can get into a real studio.

Yea that sounds like a pain with the drum machine. Maybe check the software side, there should be a latency setting, which defines how fast the drum machine communicates with your computer. I had a problem like that with my firebox recording device, and changed the setting and it worked. Yea but that sounds pretty frustrating, nothing worse than it being off time while you're trying to match up tracks and instruments.

Keep up the good work man.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Thanks again dude and good luck with your music.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is a great thinker's beat. I'd love to hear more like this!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Thank for listening. I'll be putting many more songs up soon.
I really appreciate the comment! That's why I like to make beats, they make me think/see things in my minds eye.

Here's the youtube of the song where you can find some others.

new topics

top topics

join