It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thanks mods I forgot about using google translate I just typed what a friend told me who can read Farsi.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I would be surprised if the Israeli`s haven`t at least considered striking Iranian Nuclear targets whilst Iran is in turmoil .
The are noted for using the element of surprise in military operations.

I don`t think the replacement of Ahmadinejad with Moussaoui would be enough for them,i believe Moussaouis nuclear polices are akin to Ahmadinejad . Israel must be hoping that the situation escalates , culminating in the removal of the "Supreme Leader" .

Perhaps if they struck Iran now , there actions could risk unite Iranians against the external aggressor , something i`d imagine the Israelis would n `t risk doing.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I don't support either of those govts so your post is nonsensical.

Ok...and I suppose you were a loud speaker against the innocents we have killed in Iraq and the middle east?

Get over yourself man. The Iranians may quite possibly be trading one dictator for another...one form of oppression for another.

I don't see any leaders speaking of freedom in Iran. Does anyone know what Mousavi even stands for?

Cripes Mousavi could end up being another Hitler for all we know. He served as prime minister in the Iranian government. He was one of the four picked by Ayotallah as a candidate for PRESIDENT!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Perhaps if they struck Iran now , there actions could risk unite Iranians against the external aggressor , something i`d imagine the Israelis would n `t risk doing.

Exactly why the Israelis would be stupid to attack now. The last thing Israel should do is hand the Iranian govt a lifeline. They are in deep # now. Let them sink on their own.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
All this proves is that once again we have another example of an unstable middle eastern country. I would not be suprised if Iran does what ever is necessary to maintain order.

Imagine, we have been discussing how a war there would make the price of oil skyrocket. Now it seems the speculation traders will be deciding the futures of oil during the Monday Morning Trading. If there is a statewide strike and they shut down the oil, we would find ourselves in another economic crisis.

My own belief is that the young population of Iran has decided the time has come to embrace Democracy over Religious Laws. If such a crossroads has been reached, it will get a lot bloodier before it is over.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
I would be surprised if the Israeli`s haven`t at least considered striking Iranian Nuclear targets whilst Iran is in turmoil .
The are noted for using the element of surprise in military operations.

I don`t think the replacement of Ahmadinejad with Moussaoui would be enough for them,i believe Moussaouis nuclear polices are akin to Ahmadinejad . Israel must be hoping that the situation escalates , culminating in the removal of the "Supreme Leader" .

We can't risk them uniting against the west. Although I doubt they'd be in favour of Khaminei either. There's pro's and cons to either scenario. One's more risky, the other less risky, but the more risky one could work out if planned properly, we just don't know. We don't have long to make plans either.

I don't think it's just about Moussavi or Ahmadinejad anymore, it's more the people of Iran wanting freedom and democracy vs Supreme Leader Khaminei.

The Iranian people were shouting "death to Khaminei" tonight on rooftops. Never though I'd be hearing that.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Cripes Mousavi could end up being another Hitler for all we know. He served as prime minister in the Iranian government. He was one of the four picked by Ayotallah as a candidate for PRESIDENT!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59f6f852e85e.jpg[/atsimg]

He was part of the original revolution back in 1979. He is not a big supporter of the present Government. It was not the type of Government he fought for back in the day. Whose says Iran has to become a democracy anyway? Whose to say there cannot be an Islamic state made up of the people by the people for the people.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Jakes51

Oh, there is no doubt I support revolution against wreckless and wrongheaded governments.
But as they say, tend your own yard first.
Or something like that.

Totally agree with you and there are quite a few weeds that need to be plucked. However, we can at least offer a few kind words to the Iranians in their darkest hour and revolution. Make no mistake this is a revolution unfolding before our very eyes. I'm not saying the US should get involved militarily or covertly. Just say that we support them and that's all.

We already are involved and have been from the get go...

I just started a thread today about this very thing. It's not even a secret that the CIA started this thing in 2007. You'll see it in the video.

CIA, Iran, and the Election protests

I am also linking in my thread back to this one so don't think I'm just trying to bump my own thread. I just think people need to see the big picture. I don't think the situation would've gotten this far, this violent, without our intervention. But who knows really.

I just think that, like all situations, it's not wise to meddle in the affairs of others and stir the pot before the people are ready to handle the consequences. I'm not exactly sure but I don't believe that the protests would've reached this level of intensity without our involvement. That worries me because the Iranian people might actually believe that we will be there to back them up, but I really do fear that we won't.

I fear that we will leave them high and dry. I'm really saddened by this news. My hopes and most sincere thoughts are with the Iranians.

edit: spelling errors, written in haste

[edit on 20-6-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
I don't think it's just about Moussavi or Ahmadinejad anymore, it's more the people of Iran wanting freedom and democracy vs Supreme Leader Khaminei.

Democracy doesn't work any better than a dictatorship does. The best that democracy can hope to achieve is to please the majority vote, which in many cases may only be 40% or so. The rest of the population (the true majority) are unhappy with their rulers and want change.

Besides, they've got their religious crutch to overcome, before they can truly figure out how they want to be governed. Voting for someone to rule over you means that you don't want freedom.

I find it amusing that with light-speed communications, we still don't have any real information about this unfolding.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Night Watchman

I don't support either of those govts so your post is nonsensical.

Ok...and I suppose you were a loud speaker against the innocents we have killed in Iraq and the middle east?

Get over yourself man. The Iranians may quite possibly be trading one dictator for another...one form of oppression for another.

I don't see any leaders speaking of freedom in Iran. Does anyone know what Mousavi even stands for?

I think the Iranian people would want the elections to be done again with many more candidates including women, so maybe Mousavi won't even get in. He says he'll die for the cause & martydom if necessary, signs of a true hero and in contrast to Khaminei. It's true he did used to be part of the regime, but even some mullahs today joined in the protests.

There are more moderates in there trying to bring down Khaminei, just hope it happens soon.

People can change, it's a shame Khamenei refuses to.

Mousavi will already become a legend if he survives and if Iran becomes democratic. He won't need to be president, he will become a worldwide celebrity.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just because so many do not know the player sin Iran the BBC has an excellent page:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

One thing to remember is that Mousavi's patron is the much more conservative Rafsanjani

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

He is not a big supporter of the present Government. It was not the type of Government he fought for back in the day.

What does he support?

By the way...I am in now way defending Iran's current government..obviously they are piece of **** scumbags...all I'm stating is that let's not give Mousavi the benefit of the doubt.

He's certainly not Ghandi by any means...or Martin Luther King.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Mousavi will already become a legend if he survives and if Iran becomes democratic. He won't need to be president, he will become a worldwide celebrity.

I hope you're right. It would be a great thing if the people of Iran gained more freedom.

If this man actually stands for peace...it could help stabilize the entire region..which is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I hear you but lets understand something here no matter what happens...

The present Iranian government cannot put this Genie back into the bottle. If the people win and create a new state of Iran. The US should be ready to support the "People" in the creation of their new country not get involved in the details. If the Present Government regains control they will have to change becuase after this they will realize the same forces that brought them to power can and will very easily remove them from power.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBSCSDD
All this proves is that once again we have another example of an unstable middle eastern country. I would not be suprised if Iran does what ever is necessary to maintain order.

Imagine, we have been discussing how a war there would make the price of oil skyrocket. Now it seems the speculation traders will be deciding the futures of oil during the Monday Morning Trading. If there is a statewide strike and they shut down the oil, we would find ourselves in another economic crisis.

My own belief is that the young population of Iran has decided the time has come to embrace Democracy over Religious Laws. If such a crossroads has been reached, it will get a lot bloodier before it is over.

I agree, they want to separate the church from the state so to speak. After this disastrous Islamic regime the Iranian people will not accept another one. Khaminei has forced the people to become revolutionaires. He could have just comprised like a civilised person would and re-ran the election fairly from the beginning when protests began.

The chants have turned from "where's my vote" to "death to Khaminei" in 1 week.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
US urges Iran to end 'violence'

US President Barack Obama has warned Iran to stop all "unjust action against its own people", after another day of protests over the presidential poll.

Witnesses said security forces used batons and live ammunition in clashes with protesters, who had gathered in defiance of the country's leader.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The present Iranian government cannot put this Genie back into the bottle. If the people win and create a new state of Iran. The US should be ready to support the "People" in the creation of their new country not get involved in the details. If the Present Government regains control they will have to change becuase after this they will realize the same forces that brought them to power can and will very easily remove them from power.

I agree with the first 2 sentences...but not necessarily the last. They could become more tyrannical...more oppressive. There are many countries that are ran this way. It could very well happen there as well.

Also...let's not forget about Al Queda and their possible influence in all of this. Iran would seem to be prime pickings for them.

A government overthrown...who knows what could happen...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I find it amusing that with light-speed communications, we still don't have any real information about this unfolding.

I saw a twitter saying CNN showing video of house being ransacked by the basij in Tehran. Don't know any more details, if this is now or earlier. But yea it's funny nothing substancial is coming out right now. Maybe they all having a brief nap!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by john124]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by john124]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join