It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you trust Alex Jones

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Our conclusions:

Alex Jones

1) He shouts at people.
2) He's aggressive (in some ways)
3) He's so proactive that people think he sometimes acts like a 14 year old punk.

The Elite

1) They are polite to others (most of the time).
2) They are mature.
3) They express themselves clearly

You'd never think the Elite is up to something the way they present themselves in the public. Alex Jones is regarded as a nut.

Who is the more honest? The one who shows himself the way Alex Jones does, or he Elite that pretend to be goody goodies?

If I were to start up something like Alex Jones, it would also need to support my life. So I would make a business out of it.

Else where would I find the time to do what he does if I'm too busy making money in a bank or international corporation.

Alex Jones needs to make money like anyone. So why not just let him do it through what he cares most about, and through his greatest passion?

Artists make music by singing because they love singing. Should we deprive them of a salary, or else not trust their lyrics?

All these accusation of Alex Jones do not make him less trustworthy. They just make him a trustworthy outraged crazy guy. He still does his research, and yes, I'd say 89% of it is true.

The remaining 11% is due to him displaying some theories as the truth (maybe he knows more than I have researched). I believe Alex Jones would have researched more than any of us, as it's his job to do the research. Why does he know so much? Cuz that's what he does for a living!

We don't have the time like him to do so much research, but I know that a lot of what he says in his movies I have found myself in my research. The problem is that he doesn't always give the sources, so people then don't believe him even though he IS telling the truth. At other times, he just turns a harmless story into a MAJOR ALARM, which is really not necessary.

Of course I wouldn't trust a single person's stories though. I'd go to Jim Marrs (definitely trustworthy), the nutty David Icke (trustworthy outside of his reptilian BS) and a whole bunch of other books, articles, leaked documents and so on to find the truth.

I don't believe anything until I can prove it. And Alex Jones just happens to present us with many points that have already been proven. Of course you don't have to believe everything he says, As he says himself, it's for YOU to figure out!

So which part of his stories surrounding 9-11 are bogus? What has he told us lately that is total bogus?

Anyone can be wrong in their seeing in the future. How many will be found to be wrong when nothing happens in 2012? But does that means what we know about the past is also BS? Something that is much easier to trace...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dino1989

Hi dino/

If I was an outsider looking in at all the posts of, Above top Secret, I would consider this 'Site' the conspiracy of all nuts!

There are Posts about people claiming they are from another planet,tuning in to warn others of a 'Alien invasion'...all in similar content.
In order to get to the truth, you must look closer at to what is being said....
Of-course this doesn't mean that one needs to go believing all that one sees and all that one hears.....

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Theres only one way to get around it and that would be to spy on him lol

I mean everything he does, bugged phones the lot...there would lie the only undeniable truth.

However I am assuming that we are all good people and would not forego our own moral and ethical standards.

Besides he (Alex Jones) claims that "the army" is spying on him so you might have some competition.

I always find it strange he has a wife and kids, conspiracy theorists/activists are usually the 40 year old virgin types are they not?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I went to one of his film releases here in Austin and he was incredibly nice. Took time to say hi and thank people for coming.

I've followed him for about 6 years now... and I still love/hate him. At times, he can be the biggest jackass on the radio (pretending to cry, screaming, etc.). I do feel that he spends most of his time in the other area (warning, explaining, singing james brown!).

He puts on a show 6 days a week... and manages to keep himself excited and not lose his audience. I will admit in the lulls when nothing seems to be happnening in the world the show can get a big redundant... but when things are happening does anybody miss his show for updates! I DON'T!

Regardless of what people think about making money... he brought me out of the elites mind control, and since then I've felt like a new person. I am a much better critical thinker, and I thank him for that.

And my favorite part about alex..... "...and if you don't like, the SWAT TEAMS COMING!""

haha

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

Yeah, and the very woman who had been protesting outside the place for decades and helped him get inside said most of what he came up with was way out there and ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

The stuff he came out of there with was way out there, high powered people doing a mock sacrifice, but that's what happened.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

Whether or not he sells products is not a positive indicator that he's lying, nor is it an indicator of the truth when someone provides information or material for free. What selling products does do, however, is introduce the taint of bias into his rhetoric - because it provides an incentive for increased audience. How does one increase their audience? Well, there's basically two ways. You can be accurate and responsible in your reporting, in which case people will turn to you as a trusted source. This can be quite time consuming and expensive as you generally need correspondents in the field working multiple angles for contrast and context, research teams doing fact checking, taking time out of your program to offer retractions or clarifications, etc.

Or you could do it the cheap way. Cater to a specific audience type, give only one side of the story, fudge the facts, and inject boisterous personal opinion in place of thorough and objective research. Finish it off with the "attention grabber" of your choice - sex, celebrity, or imminent personal harm - insinuating that something horrible will happen to you if you're not listening to the latest updates (to name a few).

In this regard, I see no difference between Alex Jones and Bill O'Reilly.

Now we have to ask... how is this incentive fullfilled? Who signs the paycheck? For political pundits on TV, it's the advertisers. So whatever they have to report must be within their advertisers discretion in mind. Otherwise, they may loose that revenue if they pull from the network/television block. In Alex Jones's case - YOU (whoever watches/listens) sign his paycheck by buying materials from him or through his retail outlet. He's not going to give you the truth, only what you want to hear. While his theatrics, fear mongering rhetoric, and poor research will ensure his listener base remains niche, it's a surer bet for an independent operation than competing against the major media outlets. Further, as stated above - he knows a substantial portion of his listeners will not thoroughly research the stories, or will merely contrast his reports against similarly bias and speculative sources. As PT Barnum used to say, "There's a sucker born every minute". I made the ringmaster analogy earlier, and I still contend it is accurate. He is a PT Barnum character putting on a show for you, and you... you're his sucker.

To my mind, I feel the best indicator of whether or not a source is trustworthy initially is their willingness to cover all angles of a story neutrally, wherein the reporters coax discussion to wider ranges of concerns and topics - rather than narrowly injecting personal opinion, show no concern for logical fallacy, or display a willingness to affix or deflect blame without all due consideration to the evidence and events. When you find a few of these sites, contrast their stories against each other to look for similarities and differences. Then seek out news sources which portray contrary views or opinions on the matter. It's a bit of legwork, yes, but well worth it if you really care about the truth of the matter.

It's interesting to note that generally, those who get their news and information online are generally equally (or even less) well informed or hold more misconceptions that those who simply watch mainstream media... because people tend to gravitate to those news sources and blogs which cater to their pre-existing political/moral/ideological worldviews. Even when and event or a revelation causes one to shift their worldview, they will immediately gravitate to their new source of "trusted" information.

"If you want truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against. The struggle between "for" and "against" is the mind's worst disease." ~ Sent-ts'an

This doesn't mean you can't hold your own opinions or views on a matter, stuck forever in moral or ideological agnosticism. It mean that before choosing which side you take in an argument - step outside of the argument to survey all angles, evidence, opinions, and perspectives that are applicable... then use that new insight to reassess your original position.

Alex Jones personifies entrenchment into fixed and inmalleable trenches on one side of the struggle between "For" and "Against". While I will occasionally listen to him to gain his perspective, nothing he has said has thus far shown me that he gives the slightest damn about the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
Alex did expose bohemian grove, that's gotta count for something.

People have known about Bohemian Grove for 100's of years its hardly a secrete operation when they provide a printed program for the event. bohemian grove is meant to be seen by us little people or they wouldn't have it above ground in the open air with fireworks and loudspeakers. Or use civilian servants / male prostitutes.

Alex Jones didn't expose anything new hes just the latest person to come running out of the woods scared with tales of secret goings on. I thought the bad video of the event was a nice touch..and how lucky for all these rich evil people that it was so blurred you couldn't actually tell who is being filmed. Alex spends hours explaining how the security is the tightest in the world and then walks in though the front gate!

it amazes me how easily he fools even people who consider themselves to be more informed than the average man in the street.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yeah, and it was stuff he took out of context and twisted since he went in expecting something satanic. I watched that portion of the video, as horrible as the footage is, and it sounded like they were worshiping nature to me. Last I checked there is nothing satanic about nature worship. When you have preconceived ideas about something, that is what you will perceive whether it's true or not. He let his own bias get in the way of reality.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I was under the impression that the symbology of the Owl did in fact represent lucifer or some kind of occult satanic force. Check it out fo yourself though, don't trust me when it comes to satanic symbology

I listen to his (Alex Jones) shows now and again and I have also watched some David icke talks and read some of his material...all without giving either of the men a penny. Wheres the scam in that? make all your material free? Hmmmm Profitable!!!

Of course they WANT us to buy their products. They have kids to feed for christ sakes! But by making it freely available like they do I think that there is some argument in favour of their authenticity.

If not then at least I got a few laughs out of it all...Especially alex jones and his refference to injections as "IQ-Reducing Cancer implantation devices" and schools as "Government training camps"

[edit on 22-6-2009 by bonsaisert]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dino1989

hes a nut job out to make a living off gullible americans...

in other words:

scammer

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
No, I don't trust Alex Jones. Learn the truth about who the true criminals are:

nvnsp.org...

There you will see it outlined as plain as day who the criminals are.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonsaisert
I was under the impression that the symbology of the Owl did in fact represent lucifer or some kind of occult satanic force. Check it out fo yourself though, don't trust me when it comes to satanic symbology

No, it's generally a symbol of wisdom and in some places is seen as a guardian of spirits. Nothing satanic about that.

Owl Symbolism
Many cultures have associated the following attributes to the owl:

intelligence, brilliance, wisdom, power, knowledge
intuition, messages, mysticism, mystery, unconscious, silent observation
independence, protection, bravery, transition, longevity, reincarnation

There are other sites that say basically the same thing, but this one was the least cluttered that I went to.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Ah i see, I think you'll find that everything else i said....is spot on

Nah i'm kidding; just my opinian & I'm happy to admit when i'm wrong

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Party Man
No, I don't trust Alex Jones. Learn the truth about who the true criminals are:

nvnsp.org...

There you will see it outlined as plain as day who the criminals are.

I don't trust anyone that send's me to hate sites regardless of the reason why.

Couldn't you have just told us? I feel dirty now.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Let me guess Jenna your a pagan right???

Plus they were doing a mock sacrifice i hardly call that nature.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

One could make a tenuous connection between owls and satanism when you consider their historic anthropomorphizing as wise and intelligent creatures. Lucifer is seen by some as the "light bearer", the keeper of knowledge and wisdom. He is blamed for tempting Eve in the garden, making him a Prometheus figure that has survived till modernity.

However, just because both Owls and Satan have both been given the attributes of knowledge and intelligence over the years - does not suggest that there is a traditional or recognized link between them.

Origins of Sacrifice: a study in comparitive religions

Further, it should be noted that even some popular "positive" religions practice mock sacrifices. For instance, Jesus was a human blood sacrifice to appease original sin - and Christians today memorialize this sacrifice by symbolically eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Some cultures or religious groups practice non-lethal crucifixion during Good Friday of the Easter holiday in memory of their savior. Most of these crucifixions are done with rope, such as those done by the Hermanos de Luz in New Mexico or by group in the Philippines - but some (like Rolando del Campo) go so far as to actually drive nails through their palms during their crucifixion.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Actually no, I'm not.

And yes they were doing a mock sacrifice, after they finished worshiping nature, that apparently is supposed to represent letting go of their concerns. Thus the "death" of "dull care".

reply to post by Lasheic

Yes, one could if one were convinced there must be a connection to be found. Satan isn't blamed for tempting Eve, the serpent is. People wrongfully believe the serpent is Satan, and also wrongfully believe that the serpent lied to and tempted Eve when a read through shows that is not the case. All that is a topic for a different thread however and I don't want to drag the thread off topic.

Knowledge is not evil, nor is a symbol of knowledge evil.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Lasheic you bring up some great points, however no sacrifice is ever good even the pain Jesus went through was no good and i beleave in him.

Jenna, it depends how you look at it, people with hoods on doing a mock sacrifice dosen't look good, the way i see it is they were trying to tap into a power that shouldn't be tapped into, is my feeling, and it proves that the Illuminati is real in my book.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Case closed

P.S. and i knew i was right about the owl I was just humoring jenna

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join