It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you trust Alex Jones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
Isn't that shooting his own profits in the foot?

Not at all, it generates some validity. Viral marketing is also a very effective tool for generating name recognition and ratings. If done right he can build up interest, and perhaps a cult following which will buy materials and media, generated ratings and Internet traffic etc.

Alex Jones is very good at exploiting viral marketing tactics.

But ultimately it is just bait on a hook.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

InfoWars Store: Obama Deception - $19.95.

He sells plenty of other material as well, including t-shirts, books, etc. He also gets a portion of the sale price from selling other people's materials on his store. For example, Jim Marris's book "Rise of the Fourth Reich".

Alex Jones is making plenty of money. Don't fool yourself, or let him fool you.

Kent Hovind also provided his lectures copyright free so they could be copied, uploaded, and spread free of charge. He made his money elsewhere, off to the side and out of obvious sight. He then claimed that money belonged to god, so it wasn't taxable... and that he was just "God's Accountant". He's now serving a 10 year stint in federal prison for tax fraud and owes the government over half a million in reparations.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I never trusted Alex jones this guy i work with believes everything that comes out Alex's mouth.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Yes I know Alex Jones sells DVDs and stuff.

I just take issue with the attitude some have that anyone who sells stuff should implicitly be distrusted, just because they sell stuff.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I know Alex comes thru as a rabid person and i have to admit sometimes he gets my blood pressure really up there. However, i fully understand that he has been trying to get a message thru (which is unfolding before our very eyes everyday) and he takes a pounding from his own audience, that has to be an incredible ordeal for someone like him.

He obviously has done a lot of research through the years and i can see what hes' saying is true.

He's got you know whats, people- and i admire him for his unrelenting effort in putting the word out.

Most people couldnt care whatsoever whats happening in this world, and since i happen to be one of the odd ones that do, i listen to him, then i make my own deductions. He's two weeks ahead of MSM, and years ahead of some things which we will only find out when we are not able to go outside anymore.

I dont think he's 100% right on. But i would give him an 89% so far for everything he's talked and warned about. We are seeing all he said come to life everyday on tv and rumors on the Internet.

Another thing is he is fully backed up by the likes of
Gerald Celente, who i believe is RIGHT ON as far as whats going on.
He has military information, government info, and he's not just playing with the Tarot to see what happens.

I am a liberal and sometimes i wonder why i listen. But i have a brain, (yup) and i can see that the man lives, eats and breathes and believes everything he is saying. When he talks, i listen.

I have the misfortune of having dial up only so i cant watch his movies, however i do listen to him mostly every night.

It doesnt hurt- and whats more, a few days later i see something and a bell goes off, AJ knew way ahead.

I wouldnt say he's a total nut. :shk:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think Alex Jones has woken up a lot of people to a lot of things,
the Evangelising voice is a little disquieting at first and may put people off,but this is one smart guy and he has embarrassed leading politicos on camera,mainly because they deserved it.
As regards an ego,it is quite obvious that he has one,as do most people the difference is in how you use it,and as far as I see it his voice and the mannerisms are the same today as they were 10 years ago.
He does always say to check out his info elsewhere,but that is not,(as I see it)to look at the also rans sites who are merely disseminating something that Alex Jones has already talked about,you have to go much deeper and check everything,and it won't be easy.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust him to behave in a bar. Seems like the kind of guy that gets thrown out of places for shouting at women, arguing and picking fights.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Alex Jones is all about consumerism... all his end of the world broadcasts just serve to make people rush out an buy the products he advertises.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you like Alex Jones as a person or not he is more consistantly right time after time in the things he says in his fight against the NWO than anyone else in his 'line of work'.. I like how people have to dig back 10 years into his life to find something they can try and pick on.

Alex Jones has more brains and balls than all of you put together.

Edit: Oh and just simply saying 'but he sells stuff' isn't proof to discrecit him his raidio station and moives he makes (all of which you can get free btw) do cost a lot of money to make.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Bachfin]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
How can you trust anyone on the eve of a NAZI style government change... you know they will come ... its only a question of when... after all they are nazi's and they have a target called a terrorist... and didnt they just change citizen to terrorist.... ? oh, sorry thats tomarrow's news.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Arron Ruso interview was really good (and available free if you click the link).

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I trust Alex Jones for one reason. He says "don't trust me, look it up for yourself."

No one else in MSM says such a thing, but rather tells us countless lies, with few refutations. You read these things on the back page, sometimes because Alex Jones insists upon it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

This is a very unfair comment.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I sometimes feel I'm going to regret being a listener of the show. The other week an individual called with and humbly ask the question " why you ,how come all these others get assassinated or taken down and you don't ?" Alex exploded on the guy . He kept cutting him off and went totally on the offensive . This is a question Jones never really seems to have a strait answer for and gets POed when ever someone asked it. He either has something to hide or he doesn't even know him self. If it's the unknowing , than I think it really bothers him deeply on a physiological level.
The man does great work , amusing he's on the up and up. However I fear he will unwittingly be used as some kind of pawn in the future. I also feel that years of stress, insomnia and certain personal issues has also left him venerable to slipping up big time. Perhaps it's much easier for those who wish to destroy AJ to just sit and lie and wait.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I used to be a huge fan of Alex Jones. He seemed genuine in his dislike of anything "NWO."

However, I have been turned off quite a bit recently due to some videos of him on youtube.

#1. He organized a "9/11 truth rally" in New York a couple years ago with "We Are Change" and Geraldo Rivera was broadcasting on Fox News outside on the street, and Alex Jones went up to Geraldo's set when he was on the air and started bull-horning him, calling him a "fag." It seemed very childish of Alex to use language like that. If he wants to spread his truth movement, people arent going to take him seriously when he acts like a punk 14 year old in protests. ON TOP OF THAT, Alex then proceeded to GO ON GERALDO'S SHOW to talk about the D.C. Madam death while cozying up to Geraldo, thanking him for the opportunity to go on his show. Ok, so first Alex belittles Geraldo in public while he was on national tv, then he goes on his show?

#2. I heard Alex's "Y2K" broadcast...... very similar to Orson Wells I must say....

I don't know if I should trust this guy anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thedevo

Geraldo is a Republican in Liberal drag.

He just tries to make a living and is willing to be on whichever side pays him.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Alex did expose bohemian grove, that's gotta count for something.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
Alex did expose bohemian grove, that's gotta count for something.

I thought it was Jim Tucker.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

I thought Jim Tucker exposed Bilderberg, not Bohemian Grove but i could be wrong, anyway Jones did get the camera in there to show what they were doing.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Radio shows, websites, audio/video feeds, full length professional films, and apparently a cable tv show pretty soon, among about a thousand other things that he's the 'head' of all cost money.

Of course he's getting money every chance he gets. You're a complete and utter fool if you think that's why he shouldn't be trusted.

You're not being forced to believe in every single opinion he expresses, and you're not being forced into thinking he's a god.
Some people do that just like some people think fox news is end-all be-all.
If you're one of those people then you're the problem, not him.

If you just look at the subjects his news companies bring up (that zero others will touch) and focus into what's actually happening, not the fervor in his voice or the things he said a decade ago, you'll see that he really is helping practically all of us.

PS- I disagree with him on a pretty big issue, but I still think you're all a bunch of retards for thinking he's trying to bring us down by presenting thousands of things that wouldn't be exposed a fraction as widely otherwise... just because you don't like his attitude.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by alaskan]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join