It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide bomber attacks Khomeini shrine in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Suicide bomber attacks Khomeini shrine in Iran

ca.news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - A suicide bomber blew himself up at the mausoleum of the father of Iran's revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, state media said Saturday, in an attack coinciding with more unrest over a disputed presidential vote.

"A few minutes ago a suicide bomber exploded himself in the shrine," police official Hossein Sajedinia was quoted by the semi-official Mehr news agency as saying.

Press TV said the attacker died and eight people were injured. It said the attack took place at the northern entrance to the Imam Khomeini shrine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So how do we feel about this, guys? Terrorist or freedom fighter? No one died but the bomber while 8 others were injured. The Persians in Iran and all over the world (including here in Toronto) haven't stopped protesting since the election, but they can't get satisfaction. Since the Iranian government is a blatantly oppressive regime are tactics like this justified? They certainly don't seem to understand anything else.

Note: I did a search but didn't find any threads on this article.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wow...

There's another option here.... political stunt, to show the protesters as violent and lawless

It could be an excuse to take action by the government...

All bets are off

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

A very valid point. If the protesters are seen as lawless and violent then no one will protest if they are subdued violently by the government. It would be hypocritical of the West especially to tacitly support them even though they oppose the current government if they are using terrorist tactics to get their point across. It's a very sticky situation now.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Wow...

There's another option here.... political stunt, to show the protesters as violent and lawless

All bets are off

Yes I can confirm the suicide bombing was definitely the regime trying to make the protestors look violent and extreme. This came from an Iranian.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Wow...

All bets are off

Hunka hunka has got it right. Ahmedinejad's government planted a bomb on an internal Iranian airline flight just weeks before the election.

The iranian Government staged mock bombings in Iran to create a false enemy to the state.

Today in Iraq an Iranian special forces unit attacked a Shi'ite mosque to create a pretext for Khamene to claim Iran has an external threat.

When a corrupt Government can no longer justify it's own evil it has to point the finger at a greater external evil.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hello OP.... i'm new to this huge site!

Hmmm... a regime suicide bomber.... makes sense i suppose in the current climate.... to tell you the truth i was expecting one to go off during the prayers yesterday....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Reports of 150 dead today in Tehran, other cities just as bad or worse. Acid thrown on crowds from choppers also confirmed, and basij militias killing anyone who's gone hurt into hospitals.

European embassys taking wounded, basij blocking embassies and forcing embassy staff to leave. Could see european casualties too.

Some examples, today basij shot a pregant women, an 80 yr old woman, 12 yr old boy, many young women, a woman stood on her roof was shot thru' her heart.

Many now marching from other cities to Tehran maybe to capture to use or burn down state tv propaganda station. God knows what outcome will be when basij meet them. Orders are to shoot protestors on sight.

Army are stuck in barracks, some may be ready to revolt and take on the basij.

What happens next is anyone's guess

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Reports of 150 dead today in Tehran, other cities just as bad or worse. Acid thrown on crowds from choppers also confirmed, and basij militias killing anyone who's gone hurt into hospitals.

European embassys taking wounded, basij blocking embassies and forcing embassy staff to leave. Could see european casualties too.

Some examples, today basij shot a pregant women, an 80 yr old woman, 12 yr old boy, many young women, a woman stood on her roof was shot thru' her heart.

Many now marching from other cities to Tehran maybe to capture to use or burn down state tv propaganda station. God knows what outcome will be when basij meet them. Orders are to shoot protestors on sight.

Army are stuck in barracks, some may be ready to revolt and take on the basij.

What happens next is anyone's guess

Where you hearing this?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Yes I can confirm the suicide bombing was definitely the regime trying to make the protestors look violent and extreme. This came from an Iranian.

Spot on.
Now that the protestors have been shown as violent, dangerous and willing to bomb the Government will play the charade that the crackdown is for security.

we need to bomb the Ayatollah, removing the leadership of the islamic govenrment is the only way this will end properly.
If the Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad remain in power students, civilians everyones life will change in Iran, they will make life so isolated and bound to ensure something like this never occurs again.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I look at it like this; It is obvious that the Iranian people want freedom. The MSM can spin it all they want and say they don't want regime change, just a valid elections system, but the truth remains...the people are not dying in the streets because their vote was not counted. They are not marching arm in arm chanting "Don't be afraid, we're in this together." because they want another election. They know another election won't count either. It's just like America...when the government doesn't work you ALTER OR ABOLISH IT!

With that said, were the suicide bombing true I think any freedom-loving individual could understand that sacrifice. An American soldier who charges into the fray spraying lead as a cover for his platoon is not so different. I supported the people of Greece when they threw molotov cocktails in protest of Alexis Grigoropoulos' murder and I support the Iranian people in their attempt to secede from an oppresive regime that has cut them off from the world.

As Michael Badnarik said, at some point you have to draw a line in the sand and stand in front of it and don't back down. If you don't, you will eventually find yourself in the concentration camp and by that time it will be too late to protest.

new topics

top topics

join