It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready For War With Demonized Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

By Paul Craig Roberts

17 June, 2009
Countercurrents.org

How much attention do elections in Japan, India, Argentina, or any other country, get from the US media? How many Americans and American journalists even know who is in political office in other countries besides England, France, and Germany? Who can name the political leaders of Switzerland, Holland, Brazil, Japan, or even China?

Yet, many know of Iran’s President Ahmadinejad. The reason is obvious. He is daily demonized in the US media.

www.countercurrents.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think the reason the election is covered so closely was because it was supposedly a democratic election. It is up to Iran to pull together here. I don't think their beef is with the US specifically.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Perhaps the US is still angry because the Shah of Iran who was very friendly to the west and Israel, was deposed by a fundamentalist/Islamic controlled Government.

en.wikipedia.org...

In global politics; resentments and hatreds die very slowly, especially when coupled with religion, oil and control of resources.

I think the war with Iran will be over the supposed nuclear threat but in actuality the roots go back much further and are very complex.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

I wouldnt exactly say he was demonized, it is more that he comes across as a demon because he is either incredibly stupid or incredibly evil. It has nothing to do with the media.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Skittle

I wouldnt exactly say he was demonized, it is more that he comes across as a demon because he is either incredibly stupid or incredibly evil. It has nothing to do with the media.

Everything has everything to do with the media.
They can do whatever they like and make people think whatever they want....

In fact, this says it better than i can.

(only short clip i could find)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have been telling friends to quit watching TV. So many believe what they are told on it .....really sad. And we are going to have to war with this area of the world till the big guy shows up.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle

By Paul Craig Roberts

17 June, 2009
Countercurrents.org

How much attention do elections in Japan, India, Argentina, or any other country, get from the US media? How many Americans and American journalists even know who is in political office in other countries besides England, France, and Germany? Who can name the political leaders of Switzerland, Holland, Brazil, Japan, or even China?

Yet, many know of Iran’s President Ahmadinejad. The reason is obvious. He is daily demonized in the US media.

www.countercurrents.org...

Erm... a revolution is newsworthy maybe for any half decent news station.

The news stations don't need to demonise the Iranian Islamic regime, they are doing it just fine themselves by getting vicious Hezbollah thugs to murder Iranian women.

Youtube video of this today: www.youtube.com...

In fact the news media aren't representing the whole truth because they aren't there to film it, as they were kicked out of the country. The headlines on Fox, CNN, BBC etc should be "Hezbollah murdering Iranian Women" and I'm sure will be once they pick up on these youtube videos and Twitter blogs.

To show evil at work is not demonising, it's called searching and demonstrating the truth.

Now I'm not advocating intervention, this is for the Iranian people to fight for now. But this MUST be broadcast to the world in whatever ways possible. But this leads to questions such as how many have to be massacred before intervention. And rightfully these questions should be asked, not ignored, and switching the tv is sad and pathetic if you think ignorance is bliss.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
I have been telling friends to quit watching TV. So many believe what they are told on it .....really sad. And we are going to have to war with this area of the world till the big guy shows up.

What specifically were you told that wasn't believable. I haven't watched every news tv station so I can't know if some do perpurtrate lies, but I can say that most lies perpurtrated after often in the Islamic regimes favour. If anything the BBC for example does not always get the seriousness of this.

If anything I would be we are under-demonising them if you want to put it another way. But we must make sure we are cautious in official responses, we don't want it spiralling out of control into another middle east war if it can be prevented. But the regime just don't want to give in to their people, and with a dire attitude like that only leads to bloody revolutions when the people intended on a peaceful revolution.

If it continues on this path, an Iranian friend told me that millions could die. How could you sleep at night if you were in charge, if there was a way we could prevent that from happening.

Would you have preferred the rest of the world to switch the tv off on 9/11. I know I definitely didn't want to.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

What's hilarious about that clip is I bet the creator of it at least watches Comedy Central (Daily Show, Colbert Report, etc.) and MSNBC (Olbermann and the rest of the 'thrill up my leg' Obama worshippers there) on a regular basis. Hypocrisy is rampant in the anti-Fox News and the Obamessiah crowd.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Reports of 150 dead today in Tehran, other cities just as bad or worse. Acid thrown on crowds from choppers also confirmed, and basij militias killing anyone who's gone hurt into hospitals.

European embassys taking wounded, basij blocking embassies and forcing embassy staff to leave. Could see european casualties too.

Some examples, today basij shot a pregant women, an 80 yr old woman, 12 yr old boy, many young women, a woman stood on her roof was shot thru' her heart.

Many now marching from other cities to Tehran maybe to capture to use or burn down state tv propaganda station. God knows what outcome will be when basij meet them. Orders are to shoot protestors on sight.

Army are stuck in barracks, some may be ready to revolt and take on the basij.

What happens next is anyone's guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Other countries elections aren't as publisized as much as Irans becuase those countries don't shoot thier own citizens. Ahmadinejad draws the attention of western viewers becuase of his ignorant remarks. I don't know if he thinks we're stupid enough to belive what he says or if he's acutualy dumb enough to belive his own BS.

top topics

join