It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Accused Of Pulling Gun At McD's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

The problem is that they are more often then not, Allowed to commit these crimes. The day they become "Above the law" is the day we no longer have law. Unfortunately this day has come and gone long ago. Like the Detroit cops that wear shirts that proudly say "we got up early to beat the crowds" or another Mc Donalds case where a woman was tazered because the cop in question thought the clerk short changed him. The clerk was tazered and arrested and the cameras proved she gave him proper change. Now that particular cop got in trouble... but so many more do not. and when a cop is not punished for committed a crime then he is not a cop anymore but just a lowly thug with a license to kill literally.

I know many believe in the idea of the good cop but what is good about a cop that allows other cops to do bad things?

It's just my opinion, and I do not wish to argue my point or start a flame, as I think I have clearly made my point. If we disagree then I agree to disagree but in my mind this nation has become a police tyranny because the DAs are unwilling to fully prosecute criminal acts committed by Law enforcement personal.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Techncally the second officer in the car could and probably will be charged with derelict of duty.

The action the offending officer committed is a crime, and the duty of the other officer would have been to report it. it sounds as if it was NOT reported until the complaint was made by the McD's employee.

Guilty by association, not just because he was in the car, but because he did nothing to stop the act. That is what an officer is sworn to do.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

A guy pulls a gun and you expect the passenger to do what?

I don't know the whole story and neither do any of you guys. The part that I do know is that the cop that pulled the gun is suspended without pay and most likely serve some time.

As far as I am concerned, at this moment, the passenger did nothing wrong. To call for him to be fired is typical for this site. Hatred for police runs rampant.

I will no longer reply in this thread, good bashing guys.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well...

If ever there was a good abuse of force this would be it.

But he should get in trouble, because as a cop it's his duty to SAVE LIVES... and if he drove off without disabling the guy working the fryer he was derelict in his duties.

Some one some where died of a stroke because he was to chicken to pull the trigger...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I agree with most of what you are saying. Do most cops get away with a "slap on the wrist", at best, yes. There should be some reform to the system. The problem is the system is anything but a system. It is completely, completely divided. No one agrees on anything. The political involvement is unbelievable. The issue is this...one cops gets away with everything...the other does not. Why? Because he/she is politically connected. Been there, seen it with my own two eyes. There is no equality in the law enforcement community. It is an entirely separate "structure" from the general public.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Good apple, bad apple. The same story going on again. One bad apple makes the whole force look like crap, but in my opinion those who consider themselves to be good shouldn't let this happen. They should at least try to fix these kind of problems or they can be considered just as bad as the really rotten ones.
It's probably hellish for a good cop to see corruption and unlawfullness in the force since the effect of reporting them is that they will be labeled as rats. That's just the minimal effect, at worst they will be bullied out of the force and even harassed offduty. If the good ones dont start changing things soon the drift between citizens and cops will keep getting bigger untill the point when killing cops is considered a good thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by KEMIK

I know many believe in the idea of the good cop but what is good about a cop that allows other cops to do bad things?

I just wanted two add one more thing. When a cop observes another cop commit an offense, it puts that officer in a VERY difficult predicament. You have to question your morals, first off. Then your family. Then, your well being. It's an entirely different dynamic. If you "lay it on the line", you will be "black listed". You "didn't pick up your phone" when you are called for overtime. You are on your own for a lot longer when there is a problem and your on your own requesting assistance. It effects EVERY aspect of your life. I am not saying that it is right...but look at it from a personal aspect. What would happen if you didn't work that overtime this week? Your child goes without braces for a while longer. It happens again... you miss your mortgage payment. There's a LOT more to it.

edit: typo

[edit on 20-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Aye I can understand and appreciate everything your saying. Everything. I got a sister. She is a second highest ranking officer in a major metro city fire dept... I would like to be more direct but I do not dare because of her position.

Politics come into play with her job too. And I know being a good cop in todays society means getting blacklisted... But that is just a symptom of the problem. Fear makes a good cop allow a bad cop to do a bad thing... One thing leads to another and innocent people die or get incarcerated.

Its a big problem with no easy fix. Yet I feel if it is to be fixed then it need to be addressed out in the open... Somewhere where those that speak on it can not be harmed... some kind of way to encourage the good cops to be good with out fear... My first thought would be the net.

I don't know.

All I do know is that stories like this are too common these days. So common that I can't help but to think we have sank to the level of other nations we demonize for their attitudes towards their citizens. It's a problem... one that remaining silent will not fix.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by KEMIK

Its a big problem with no easy fix. Yet I feel if it is to be fixed then it need to be addressed out in the open... Somewhere where those that speak on it can not be harmed... some kind of way to encourage the good cops to be good with out fear... My first thought would be the net.

Right behind you. There is such an injustice on all levels. Here's the other problem, and I'm pretty damn sure this exists in all aspects of public service. The word, "Unbecoming". It is a word that is SO open ended. If they, basically, express their opinion, negatively, openly to anyone, they can be terminated.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Two Bucks says the District Attorney will not prosecute...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Is almost to the point where cops commit as many crimes as the criminals so you have to ask yourself how much we really need them. No cop has ever been around when I needed help, I had to protect myself. The only time I ever see cops is when they are collecting money by giving bogus seat belt tickets. This will end just like every other story the cop will get put on paid leave(read vacation) and then when everyone forgets in a couple weeks life will go on like normal and he will get his job back.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just went to the news source for this, it took place in Denver, which is pretty much the HQ of the NWO spook squad.

I am sadly not suprised at these gun-toting bully's.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If any of us were psychotic enough to brandish a firearm our lives would be over. We'd be facing numerous felony charges. In CT If I were in a McDonalds and while reaching for my wallet my jacket rose enough to show just the black of the grip of a lawfully carried firearm I'd be hit with brandishing charges not before I was tackled and tazed.

But if you work for the government, hellm you can do whatever you want to whoever you want whenever you want. See sig.

Mafioso, every last one, from local to fed.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sounds like a case of Big Mac road rage if you ask me.....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by miraclerock
Is almost to the point where cops commit as many crimes as the criminals so you have to ask yourself how much we really need them.

There are as of 2006, 683,396 full time state, city, university and college, metropolitan and non-metropolitan county, and other law enforcement officers in the United States. There are approx. 120,000 full time law enforcement personnel working for the federal government adding up to a total number of 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S.

Link

Number of US "Citizens". 306,716,340
Link

Your "assumption" is ridiculous. I'm not saying all of the citizens are committing crimes, not even close...but seriously. Do the math.

Edit to add crime statistics.

Statistics

[edit on 20-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is sad in America, of all places, to hear about these types of cases on such a regular basis. It's even sadder to feel, as one poster pointed out, that the clerk actually got off lightly. I like the idea of an anonymous place for the good among the police officers to report these cases, great idea. Anyway, it doesn't look like things are going to get any better any time soon. I guess the best we can do is keep our heads down and stay out of their sights as much as possible until we can get some kind of control over the situation.

Thank you all for the replies and input,

TA

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I wouldn't mind seeing ATS, possibly in the future, create a forum in which law enforcement personnel can discuss these issues. Without bias. Without risking their careers. And give those not in the field a look into what the issues are behind the scenes, so to speak. It affects everyone. The only problem is, sadly it would be one giant flame war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join