It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My head feels extremely unbalanced ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Something very weird happened to me the other day.

I drank a bottle of wine the thursday night, had some food etc. and went to bed.

I wasn't exactly "drunk" or anything like that.

I woke up a few times during the night, at first when i woke up i felt fine, not hung over or bad at all.

But as i lifted my head to get out of bead i thought the world was ending.

My head was swinging and spinning and my whole balance was just thrown off, I have never felt anything like that before, it was almost like being drunk, but not being drunk at the same time ?

My head was not sore, i was not dehydrated, i did not feel sick.

This stayed with me throughout the day, i could hardly walk, if i would bend my head down it felt as if the whole inside of my head/brain was swirling around out of control, throwing my body out of balance.

I did not feel hung over whatsoever, but my head, i was getting so scared, i did not know why or how this could be happening.

It is now 2 days later and it has only gotten somewhat better, but i still feel a bit unbalanced and dizzy now and then...

Please tell me it's nothing serious...anyone know what it could be ?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The wine may have triggered a migrane.

I would goto the store and buy the medication they use for sea sickness. It works very good for vertigo and may take away the symptoms. It is cheap and over the counter.

Please note I am not a doctor. This is just an idea .

Ama

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I know you say you weren't hungover but wine will make my head throb no matter what and the food didnt help you. Did you eat right before bed? You could have picked up a cold or flu type bug, could have been something you ate. Don't worry if you are feeling better it is not the end of the world! Next time choose a yummy lager!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah, ok, but a migrane ? my head was not sore at all, i dit not have a headache of any kind...

the extreme vertigo and disorientation...yes, my head felt super heavy every time i would lean over etc...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't know what could be wrong, but I would recommend going to the quack.....errr..... I mean Doctor and get your blood pressure and blood work done, that could be serious, sounds not fun at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lighter78
I know you say you weren't hungover but wine will make my head throb no matter what and the food didnt help you. Did you eat right before bed? You could have picked up a cold or flu type bug, could have been something you ate. Don't worry if you are feeling better it is not the end of the world! Next time choose a yummy lager!

I ate about an hour before bed, im not that worried anymore cause it's starting to feel better...

what scares me is the fact that i have drank waaaaay more than just a bottle of wine a night and something like this has never happened to me before.

i mean it's been 2 days and my head is still feeling weird and kinda disorientated.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Would suggest what pappa said as pappa's are always right! Could have something to do with blood pressure.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Actually a migraine does not necessarily mean headache pain, there are various types of migraines, and veritgo is a very real part of many type of migraines, as well as during this time of extreme pressure and vertigo your blood pressure may rise or fall more than usual, that can help a doctor determine whether it is migraine or something else and the type of treatment to give.

I suffer extreme migraine's, with vertigo and aura to the point of haveing blood vessels contract for too long causing a mild stroke on 3 occasions and have had my migraine issue classed as mini-strokes.

Therefore i still recomend going to the doctor for blood work and pressure checkup to determine if anything else is going on, you may just have to give up wine as it could be what sets off a migraine

just my $.02

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
To be honest I don't think im gonna be doing any drinking of any variety for a while, this was the single most crazy and frightening experience I have had.

Obviousely something, somewhere went wrong in my head which caused this to happen.

But im not gonna go to a doc just yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

What you describe sounds very much like an inner ear infection. Maybe it was just by coincidence that it occurred after you drank the wine? Seriously though, inner ear infections can cause crazy vertigo and make you feel all out of whack and you may not even feel pain or have any other symptoms that you would normally associate with an ear infection. Would probably be a good idea to have a doctor look you over. Feel better!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
it sounds like the inner ear. if so, nothing serious.

but you HAVE TO go to the doctor, to rule out something more serious.

because in the unlikely event that it is something serious,you need to get it sorted NOW.

anyway, the doc will give you something to treat inner ear infection/

[edit on 20-6-2009 by eniac]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sounds like your equilibrium went off balance, it happens for a variety of reasons like Meniere's disease, superior canal dehiscence syndrome, an inner ear infection, or just cause.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
ok it all started 2 weeks of intense work out ... change in life style healthy eating suddenly .... i noticed a bulge in my stomach with a slight dul pain
dr said its fine .. next dr said its all good.... the dr after that said its all normal but very odd :/ so he wanted scans ( next month so 2 weeks away ) then i dislocated my arm ... from the shoulder ..... they used morphine and madaslim on me to keep me calm while they shoved it back in
i came home watched sienfield had some food and went to bed woke up once realised my fingers were numb woke up again realised i was dizzy and confused saying to my mum somethings wrong she went to work i took a lil nap to calm down abit
dr the next day said its just nervs and from the drugs relax
next day another dr said .. no it shouldnt of done that no way
day after that this other dr checked my reflexes and all and said its ok doesnt seem to be a issue atm so i got blood tests ... came back as my B low potasium low and folate acid also ENlarged red cels:/ ..... got more blood takenn waiting to see the dr in 7 days so far this is day 21 .....
the pain is odd ...
i was under alot of confusion.......wich is odd ive bled from the nose alot ... i spewed up a few times when i was dizzy
(started as a numb feeling around the top part of my scalp above the ear this odd feeling in my ear and eye ... the eye bulged feeling.... i even thought oh man... im gonna die ........its changed abit the dizzyness stoped ... its just the numbness ) the eye dr said noway its got anything to do with my eye... he said it looked like i was under alot of stress
im not sure if i wanna tell my parents but today i was sitting there with a pen with afamily member and she said ur hand i looked down and realised there was blood dripping from it from the pen.... and i was shocked ..... i also remembered how i feel better in dreams then in real wich scares me alot...

today day 26 i feel like im dieing....i bleed from my nose in the shower and almost fell over...
idont feel good at all and my mum just had a massive fight with me and im kicked out on the streets so can somone give me a hand b4 i die o the streets >.>
i got theorys...
spine problems ? ( lack of oxygen to the brain )
vein or arty enlargment
the major artey thingy in tthe center near the spine...
arthrtis of the spine ?
fungi ?
parasites ( they use up all b 12 )
bone marrow infection in the jaw?
canidia ... omg... also i was on probotics for a few weeks cause of the abdominal pains.... then sudenly stoped cause i was messsed up
ALSO.... liver problems... liver causes anxiety syptoms... a fatty liver could be the cause of this
or nervious systems wrecked... if anyone can help me plz email me at jonathonwoodsfansite(a)hotmail com and ill give u updates on my experiments

top topics

join