It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can reincarnation exist if we see the ghosts of relatives?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Right

Here is a question that's troubling me. If reincarnation exists...then how come people in NDEs and those close to death report visitation by close relatives? Should a large proportion of them not have moved onto the next incarnation and be "unavailable"?

I get the fact that the "life between lives" stage may be long enough to allow this to happen...but it's just not ringing true for me. I heard the average length of time between incarnations was two - three years - that's how long it took for me to stop being visited by my father.

Experience? Ideas? Disdain?

All points of view welcome.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

I read a book before called the Thiaoouba Prophecy, you can get an e book online for free.. There is a bit about what you ask, it says something about photons being left behind when you die, that mimic your past self, like they remember how you were in your pysical form.. And from time to time people see the aperition of your former self.. And thats what a ghost is..

Read the book, very interesting.. Made alot of sense.........

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Why does it have to be one or the other? You can have ghosts and you can have reincarnation. You can have some folks move on to end their karma wheel (or whatever it's called). You can have some go to heaven or hell. You can have some reborn. You can have some stuck here for a while until they can let go. You can have some stuck here for a while to work off bad karma (purgatory).

Why does it have to be one or the other? I don't see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If a medium i went to once was correct, my last life would have been about 600 years ago, when my soul was incarnated last

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
maybe they are in limbo, trapped in between the world of the living and the spirit world. Going into the light might be the rebirth of a person.Maybe they don't want to do life all over again.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
it could be just a residual (spelling?) consciesness that is a fragment of the whole or a it could be like a fingerprint left by the oils in the skin. Or they could be outside of normal time; as in they exist in an astral or ethreal state at the same time as they are reincarnated, passed over to the next plain.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My slant on it, and I only suspect this is the case, is that there is a "waiting period" after you die before you can either reincarnate, or go someplace else.

I had a very good friend of mine who died and about 4 years later I had an ADC (after death contact) from her. She told me that after she died, she had gone back to where she used to live and was staying there until she could go "someplace better".

This does kind of sound like some sort of purgitory, or maybe a time to reflect on life before you move on. I believe that some ghosts are simply people that could not or for whatever reason will not allow themselves to move on. They become stuck until they themselves realize that they are dead and that there is really some place to go.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It seems as that our higher selves can run mulitple consciousness, each moment in time repeats itself continously in any case . But as others have said we can reach a plane where versions of ourselves seem to be residual, maybe for the purpose of easing us into the afterlife and reviewing our lives.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
maybe you don't reincarnate immediately after you die...
maybe not everyone can reincarnate or maybe you have to accomplish something first
maybe it's just a mater of choice, get a new body or stay in the spirit/astral/whatever-you-wanna-call-it world

i guess we'll never know for sure, at least not until we're dead

and then you reincarnate, forget everything and have to start from zero

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Astral shell.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i know what u mean,but i feel like not every soul choses to reincarnate everytime they die,jus a thought i wanted to put out

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There was a really good story recently about reincarnation, and I remember a similar one from some twenty years ago....

I know the belief is core to a lot of people. I'm still a little wishy washy on it.

The thing I have the problem with is the sheer number of souls. why reincarnate if the new body can just have a new soul? Will we run out... you know, the story of the 'guff.' When it's empty is that it?

Why are some ghosts mean? It doesn't seem to me that a residual collection of photons could move something, or scratch a person's back.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's kind of a scary thought. If you get to choose if you want to be reincarnated and as soon as you make that decision , everything you have ever known is gone. Then you may be reincarnated as something or someone that isn't going to have a happy reincarnated life.

I know I wouldn't want to give up all my memories for a chance to become an abused child, murder victim, a murder or anything along those lines.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill
Here is a question that's troubling me. If reincarnation exists...then how come people in NDEs and those close to death report visitation by close relatives? Should a large proportion of them not have moved onto the next incarnation and be "unavailable"?

Sounds like you are assuming there is a strict timeline on these things. They die and BAM they are instantly sucked into another body.

I would not assume any such thing. No reason to believe incarnate souls couldn't hang around here, hang around other planes, visit this plane at will or whatever and then later they might reincarnate.

Most "documented" reincarnation stories (not that I am saying I believe all that) does put a few years between the death and the rebirth.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tartarspoon
It's kind of a scary thought. If you get to choose if you want to be reincarnated and as soon as you make that decision , everything you have ever known is gone. Then you may be reincarnated as something or someone that isn't going to have a happy reincarnated life.

Many that are into hard core metaphysical beliefs view life like a dream. You may choose to fall asleep and dream whatever, and you are not concerned about it because at 7 am the alarm goes off, you wake up, and you are back in the "real" world.

Choosing to incarnate can be just like that, a 70 year lifespan probably seems like a few hours for those that are not incarnate. If they know they will "wake up" after a few years in the material world what would they have to worry about? It only seems like a long time and a big deal from our point of view because we are in it at the moment.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's more like thirty or forty years, generally, of course it would be possible to return sooner in some cases. A while ago, I met a young nurse who had lived briefly in the same family, she had been her own older sister who died two years before she was born.
I have had NDEs and OOBs and read much on the subject, having also been fortunate to have met others with similar experiences.

Keep searching and reading there is much to discover, just remember, we are Spirits having a Human experience, not Humans having an ocasional Spiritual Experience.

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There is a time of healing and review of our lives after death. We don't bounce out of one body into another, so there is ample time for loved ones to come to those that they have left behind. I am talking about spirit contact with loved ones now not ghosts or hauntings, which I feel are different. When both my daughter and grandson died there was tons of activity and things going on that could only be explained by their presence. We lost my daughter 5 years ago and now the contact is far less often, same with my grandson and he has been gone for 2 years now. I believe they come to let us know they are fine and to help us understand that love continues.

As far as ghosts or hauntings, that is a situation of a spirit that for whatever reason does not want to leave this realm. This leaves them in a situation where they don't belong and they get confused. The belief in spirits and ghosts does not in any way conflict with a belief in reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I do believe in reincarnation. But I don't believe it in the way that some middle eastern cultures do, as in if you're a good person, you advance to incarnating as a cow, or if you're bad, you become a "lesser" being on Earth (or so I've been told).

I really think that after we die, we get to choose whether or not we hang out in the hereafter or if we incarnate again.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hello,

First, let me apologize for my english (it’s not my first language, I’m brazilian).

Here, we have something called “spiritism”, that’s something like a religion, but it, in its purest form, does not have any rituals, dogmas, mysteries, etc.. and it’s based on the Work of Hippolyte Léon Denizard Rivail, a French pedagogue, that studied the supernatural phenomena of the spirits and its means of communication, you can find more information on the internet.

Anyway, we do have many books here that talks about the “afterlife” and to answer your question, it’s all relative, there’s no such thing as average period for reincarnation, it all depends of the knowledge of the person, there are people (the dead ones lol) that take many years just to realize they’re dead. Others for instance, know that they’re dead, but believe that they will sleep until de judgment day, and just stay there, lying with their decaying corpses. Others wants to stay close to their families, others just hang around people who have the same vicious like smoking, drinking, etc… , since they still feel the need for such things and cannot get it in the afterlife.

I cannot tell you the reasons you had been visited by your father for this period of time, it’s not impossible that he had already reincarnated, but that’s something I simply don’t know how to tell you.

If you would like to read something about life after death I would recommend you to read the book “Our Home” (“Nosso Lar” in portuguese), you can find it’s English version by searching "nosso lar em inglês".

Well, I hope this helps you with your question

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My supposition would be:

First, you're not immediatly reincarnated after death. I'm sure there is a period of time where you are "fitted" to the next life you will have. I've read somewhere that the circumstances (i.e. vibrations) need to be perfect in order for a new life to enter this world. Things such as not only who your parents will be but whether or not their vibrations together create an atmosphere where you are able to be conceived.

Second, as I stated above, there may be a period of time before you reincarnate. Who's to say that time is perceived the same in the "afterlife"? I've heard that it's entirely possible for someone to be reincarnated WHILE THEY ARE STILL ALIVE. If that doesn't blow your mind I don't know what would! The theory being that, since time is relative, once you die, you can come back and incarnate in a different physical body at any point in time. I don't know if that's true but I'm just putting that out there.

Anyway, taking the above into consideration, you can be seeing the ghost of your grandfather and, at the same time, his soul has been reincarnated already. You could be talking to your grandfather's ghost and his soul can be incarnated in another body.

Time isn't linear. That's just how we perceive it. Anyhoo, hope that makes sense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join