It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in the Life of Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Most religious people and Bible scholars would agree that the centerpoint of the Christian Bible is the life and message of Jesus Christ.

Many people often wonder who he really was. Was he just another prophet? Just a man who happened to be a really good person? The very Son of God? Personally, when I read his message I see wisdom that was much before its time.

He not only taught the basic spiritual principle of loving your fellow man - he also seemed to have some real insight into scientific principles:

He demonstrated an understanding of how the human body works as evidenced with healings.
He shared knowledge of future events such as the destruction of Jerusalem and catostrophic visions of the "end times".
He understood and saw spiritual forces that were at work in the world - forces that to this day many people don't even realize exist and mainstream science in our society is just beginning to study.
The authors of the gospels recorded the events they saw surrounding the life of Christ in the best way they knew how. But they couldn't understand everything that they were seeing. Could looking at certain events during the life of Christ using our advanced knowledge of technology shed some light on what might the authors of the Biblical gospels were witnessing? You know what a star looks like, right? You also know what airplane lights look like, right? I'm assuming all of you could easily answer yes to both questions. Now think about this: What if you knew what stars looked like but didn't know what an airplane was? What would you call the airplane lights?

Ok, I'm going to play the part of the person who doesn't know what an airplane is. Now, if I were to tell you that last night I saw a set of flashing stars that moved across the sky, what would you say? Would you agree that they were stars, or would you tell me that I really saw an airplane?

With this in mind, look at the following passages. Remember, the wise men knew what stars were, but probably didn't know what UFOs were:

Matthew 2: 9-11 (NIV)
After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.
We all know that stars don't move across the sky and hover over a particular house, don't we? If I'm wrong about that, I hope there's an astronomer out there who will let me know. So what was it that the wise men saw hovering over that house? Could it be the first UFO recorded in association with the life of Christ? Or maybe it wasn't...

Shepherds And Angels
Before the wise men followed the Star of Bethlehem, we have this account of a strange encounter:

Luke 2: 8-15 (NIV)
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

Wow, it must have been quite a sight. Were these angels accompanied by UFOs? Maybe that's what is meant when it says they went "into heaven." And it could account for the amazing amount of light that they reported.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Continued
Other Events During The Life Of Christ
These strange encounters from the sky didn't stop after the birth of Christ. They seemed to follow him throughout his time here on earth. For example, I always wondered where the voice in the following example came from:
John 12:28-30 (NIV)
(Jesus speaking) "...Father, glorify your name!"
Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again." The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine".

Hmm, strange, hey? The account doesn't give a weather report, but imagine if there was a low cloud cover that day. Do you think maybe a craft could have been hiding there, watching Jesus speak, when it got a message to relay to the crowds? Now remember what I said in the introduction to the UFO section of the EARS site, I don't take anything away from the power of God, but maybe this was one of those cases where he used extraterrestrial workers to help do his work.

Jesus' Baptism
The baptism of Jesus is also surrounded by some interesting events:

Mark 1: 9-11 (NIV)
At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

Here we see another case of a voice from heaven. In this case, the gospel writer also includes a visual picture of "heaven being torn open." When I hear this phrase I envision a bright light, or some other event in the sky that the gospel writer had trouble explaining. Whatever it was, it's clear that there was something extraordinary happening in the skies that day over the Jordan river.
The Transfiguration
The event known as the "transfiguration" also contains some interesting details that the gospel writers seem to have had a difficult time putting into words:

Matthew 17: 1-8 (NIV)
After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters--one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!" When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. But Jesus came and touched them. "Get up," he said. "Don't be afraid."

When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.

Notice how the event was enough to really scare the usually brave Peter, but Jesus remained calm. Was this something Jesus had seen before? He seemed very at ease with the whole situation. If the bright light came from some kind of craft that had landed, it may indicate that Jesus was very familiar with these craft and they were nothing new to him. Maybe this was something that actually happened often in those times where Jesus went off by himself to pray.

Jesus' Final UFO Encounter?
Take a look at this next passage and tell me what it sounds like to you:

Acts 1: 9-11 (NIV)
After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.
"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.

The account states that a "cloud" hid him from their site. Was Jesus final departure into a UFO? From what I read here, I don't have a better explanation. If it was a UFO, was the ascension of Jesus his final UFO encounter?

Nope, we ain't seen nothin' yet...

The men dressed in white who are recorded above tell the witnesses that Jesus will come back in the same way he left. Jesus agreed. Here's what he had to say about his return:

Matthew 26: 63-64 (NIV)
But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Even before he appeared before the high priest, Jesus had told his disciples the very same thing:

Matthew 24:30 (NIV)
"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory."

What Does All This Mean?
Now if UFOs were involved in the life of Jesus, the implications are astounding. Maybe that's why most churches don't want to deal with the whole issue. But every day the evidence of alien visitors to our planet becomes stronger and stronger. Could some of these visitors be working for the same Jesus Christ that we know from the Biblical record?
IMPORTANT: Please note that I am NOT implying that all encounters with UFOs are related to Jesus. In fact, many could actually be working to try to prevent Jesus' return (a foolish and misguided attempt in my opinion) and in a lot of cases the argument that aliens are "demonic" may well be true. Just as in Biblical times, there are two sides at work today.

The fact that there are two sides at work makes it even more important that people get to know the real Jesus. He himself predicted that many would come claiming to be him. He also said that many would fall for those kinds of tricks. Certainly, anyone trying to imitate Jesus would play on common stereotypes about what the popular culture believes Jesus would be like.

Matthew 24:24 (NIV) Jesus Speaking
"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible."

How many people have actually taken the time to get to know the REAL Jesus personally well enough to tell the difference? If he came back in a UFO today - riding on the clouds as he put it - how many people do you think would recognize him? Would you?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Good post.

Yes, the time for Jesus and the time before aswell, was heavily involved with a strong ET-activity. However, some people, mainly extremist christians, strongly disagree with this, as that would mean-according to them- that the entity called 'God' wasn't allone in the Universe, so to speak.
Therefor, they very often claim that the described encounters were "Demonic" or- Nephilim. Ofcourse they were not demonic, but that's how some prefer to "explain" Biblical events when they threaten their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

However, some people, mainly extremist christians, strongly disagree with this, as that would mean-according to them- that the entity called 'God' wasn't allone in the Universe, so to speak.

yea thats true, but the way I see it is GOD is still the all knowing being and what we refer to as aliens are angels, messangers sent here, in other words its ok to be christian and believe this account.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by joe82]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe82

However, some people, mainly extremist christians, strongly disagree with this, as that would mean-according to them- that the entity called 'God' wasn't allone in the Universe, so to speak.

yea thats true, but the way I see it is GOD is still the all knowing being and what we refer to as aliens are angels, messangers sent here, in other words its ok to be christian and believe this account.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by joe82]

Well, that to some degree reminds of my thoughts aswell on the topic. But with the difference that I tend to think "ET" when I read "Angel" or "God" in ancient texts.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great post! A lot of the things you speak of in the text above are believed to be by Theologians phenomena related to God and Angels.

My personal opinion that a lot of these, hence the star that lead the wise men to the baby Christ, has something to do with Angelic presences. You can see this in the Bible text whenever reading about Angels, a lot of scripture references things as "bright light shining etc.

Nice post

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

S&F from me, Joe82. I consider these same possibilities. I sometimes paint my impression of Bible stories, inserting references to UFO's, aliens, etc. My last show was called Religiosity. In it I examined various viewpoints as to the nature of events in the New Testament. The majority of remarks about my exhibit was along the lines of, "I will pray for you."
To which I would respond, "Why, thank you! And I will pray for you, too!"

Would I recognize Jesus, as the Son of God upon his return? I like to think so.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ancient Sanskrit texts would depict what they called "Vimana" which some could easily compare to many other ancient U.F.O. descriptions as well as those of today.

One text is Ramayana

Another is the Mahabharata

Comparing what you've quoted from the Bible and what's found in the Mahabharata is that the Vimana as well as other "vehicles" could take on the form of the night sky and clouds.

I can't find the exact quote to back that up, but I distinctly remember that from the text as I found it curious in relation to much of what was spoken of in the Bible and other texts in relation to clouds.

Here is a quote from Ramayana that speaks of how the "Vehicle" appears as a cloud.

"The Puspaka Car, that resembles the sun and belongs to my brother, was brought by the powerful Ravan; that aerial and excellent car, going everywhere at will, is ready for thee. That car, resembling a bright cloud in the sky, is in the city of Lanka."(Ramayana)

Great post . It's important to look back on history and put the pieces together.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
check back in a little while after i read your passages in my Companion Bible, and i'll let you know what E.W. Bullinger says about these...

i'm also surprised that you didn't even mention the sightings from Ezekiel...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Interesting post. I am unsure though, as to whether the ET's at this time were demonic or peaceful. I have the same question about the UFO's we see today.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Jesus warned many times in the gospels, and emphasized the importance of not being deceived. This is just one scripture:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

To deceive the elect, if possible. These elect are Gods people, whom know and love Him. I believe the "great" deception is what you are believing in your OP as a precursor to the actual events.

I believe this deception is "alien" beings showing these great signs and wonders, saying they are the Christ.

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The deception will be unbelievable to our eyes, so many will believe the deception.

Jesus doesn't need a flying saucer to get around.

Just what I believe!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
MORE ON FLYING TECHNOLOGY & STRANGE COAL SUBSTANCE

Ezekiel 10 >>
GOD'S WORD ® Translation
1 As I looked at the dome over the heads of the angels, I saw something that looked like a throne made of sapphire. 2 The LORD said to the person dressed in linen, "Go between the wheels under the angels, and fill your hands with burning coals. Then scatter them over the city." So he went between the wheels as I watched.

3 The angels were standing on the south side of the temple as the person went. A cloud filled the inner courtyard. 4 The LORD's glory rose from the angels to the entrance of the temple, the cloud filled the temple, and the brightness of the LORD's glory filled the courtyard. 5 The sound of the angels' wings was heard as far as the outer courtyard. It was like the sound of the Almighty God when he speaks.

6 After the LORD had commanded the person dressed in linen to take burning coals from between the wheels beside the angels, the person went in and stood beside one of the wheels. 7 One of the angels reached into the fire that was between the angels and took out some coals. This angel put them in the hands of the person dressed in linen. The person took them and left. 8 The angels appeared to have what looked like human hands under their wings.

9 As I looked, I saw four wheels beside the angels, one wheel beside each of the angels. The wheels looked like beryl. 10 All four wheels looked the same. Each was like a wheel within a wheel. 11 Whenever the angels moved, they moved in any of the four directions without turning as they moved. They always moved in the direction they faced without turning as they moved. 12 Their entire bodies, their backs, hands, wings, and wheels were covered with eyes. Each of the angels had a wheel. 13 I heard that the wheels were called the whirling wheels. 14 Each of the angels had four faces. The first was the face of an angel, the second was the face of a human, the third was the face of a lion, and the fourth was the face of an eagle.

15 The angels rose. These were the living creatures that I saw at the Chebar River. 16 When the angels moved, the wheels moved beside them. When the angels lifted their wings to rise from the ground, the wheels didn't leave their side. 17 When the angels stood still, the wheels stood still. When the angels rose, the wheels rose with them. The spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

18 Then the glory of the LORD left the temple's entrance and stood over the angels. 19 The angels lifted their wings and rose from the ground. I was watching them as they left with the wheels beside them. The angels stood at the door to the east gate of the LORD's temple, and the glory of the God of Israel was above them.

20 These are the living creatures that I saw under the God of Israel at the Chebar River. I realized that they were angels. 21 Each had four faces and four wings, and under their wings were what looked like human hands. 22 Their faces looked exactly like the faces that I saw by the Chebar River. Each one went straight ahead.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Never been much of a religious man, but I do have admiration for the man and what he stood for. And I guess i also have to admit that out of just about everyone else I've ever heard of/met he represents the epitome of what I'd like to strive for in terms of character and integrity. If he really did die for me, I can only say "thanks" and "sorry for what we did in return".

Plus the coolness of having time named after you. Doesn't get much more awesome than that.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
of course Jesus was a Hybrid Extraterrestrial, God Himself is an extraterrestrial, a vapor-like being - the angels - vapor-like too, but much more tangable.. Alas the image of God is your characteristics even in sin....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
here's what E.W. Bullinger says about those verses in his Companion Bible - maybe this will help some?...

...i only noted the significant items relative to this thread:

Matthew 2:9-11

"went on their way": to Nazareth (not to Bethlehem)

"went ahead": kept going before; Therefore not an astronomical phenomenon, but a miraculous and Divine act.

Luke 2:8-15

"the glory": Shekinah, which symbolized the Divine presence

John 12:28-30

"thundered": They heard a sound, but could not distinguish what it was.

Mark 1:9-11

"from": out of - (Greek ek) - governs only one case (the Genitive), and denotes motion from the interior... It is used of time, place, and origin. It means "out from", as distinguished from apo, which means "off", or "away from". Ek marks the more immediate origin, while apo marks the the more remote origin; "of" expressing the intermediate meanings.

'I am well pleased": I have [ever] found delight

Matthew 17:1-8

"transfigured": (Greek metamorphoomai) - to change the form... marking the change to a new condition

"bright cloud": was this the Shekhinah that the symbol of Jehovah's glory?

Acts 1:9-11

"taken up": lifted up (Greek epairō)

"cloud": not a rain cloud of the earth, but referring to the attendant angelic hosts

"men": these were angels

"will come back in the same way...": The Descent, therefore, will be like the Ascension actual, literal, visible, unexpected, save by those looking for Him, in the clouds of heaven, and to the same place whence he departed.

Matthew 24:30

"appear": shine forth (Greek phainō)

"sign": (related to the "consummation of the Age")

the Bible can be interpreted in MANY different ways... and i'm still surprised you didn't include anything from Ezekiel in your OP!...

[edit on 20-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

i'm also surprised that you didn't even mention the sightings from Ezekiel...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

Oh but he did.
Namely, in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

oh cool, i just replied over there:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

basically, i've linked to a site in that post that says that experience wasn't with a UFO, but instead just pertains to the astrological zodiac...

read it and see!!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I wrote a thread on that subject as well

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Having experienced many types of ufo orbs there is no doubt in my mind that they account for the star of Bethlehem account. The ufo orbs do exist and are all too often put down as being stars.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I too have seen an orb and it was in the morning after the sun was already up so its no star, just hours earlier my wife, my sister, a friend and myself saw a light in the sky that looked very similar to what the star of bethlehem is described to have looked like.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by joe82]

top topics

join