It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NH High School bans "inappropriate" Ernest Hemingway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

Since I am not one of the parents in this article, I would be the wrong person to pose that question to. Just because you or I don't find it objectionable does not mean someone else won't.

Personally, I find "Shrek" objectionable and gross and don't have it in my children's collection of movies. Is that not my right?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There is a book freely available to children of all ages. This book includes incest, rape, torture and genocide.

The bible.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The best teachers I have ever had were the ones who broke the rules. They would talk to us about real life topics, go "off topic" for numerous classes, and teach real lessons.

Not to mention, these same teachers could teach the material we needed to know without endless amounts of papers.

One of them was fired. He had very inspiring quotes hung ALL over his room...the walls were literally covered.

I was I was given a chance to speak to the world. I would make little note cards on many different philosophies, and lessons in life to cover. There would be many who disagree with me - but I feel that number would be minimal to those who would see life in a different way.

Many of you would like that opportunity too...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

Absolutely. But it's not your right to say that children that attend the same school as your children can't watch Shrek either. The children could request alternate reading assignments, as you did (Dracula), but apparently a (I hope, I hope) small number of parents feel that since their teenager shouldn't know about young people getting pregnant and the effects it can have on their relationships, then nobody else's children should know that people out of wedlock -gasp- might be impregnated!!!

@ the guy above fritosBBQtwist; Absolutely. And the holiest man in all of town offered up his daughters for a mob to rape, to prevent them from raping the angels God sent to warn him about the whole destruction of Sodom and Gommorah. Good family fun!

[edit on 25-6-2009 by '___'eviant]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join