It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people get so mad when you disagree with their point of view?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
OK, is it just me, or are the stars missing from this thread? I went to go star some of the more clever and witty posts, and no stars!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yeah, I think it is because I put it in some jacked up forum. I didnt know where else it fit.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

This forum is so out of the mainstream, even though breaking news usually hits here first, that the true believers don't have a chorus to sing along with them. Maybe they are just louder because it's all solos.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Voxel
Because people who disagree with me are stupid, short, fat, and live miserable lives. They deserve death but some god somewhere has obviously seen fit to punish them with a long life of being wrong.

That's how I feel!!!!

Go to the 9/11 threads if you want to really see some freaking and geeking. If you even remotely dare to disagree with them, they flip out and start foaming at the mouth.

The only ones who visit the 9/11 threads are fellow believers who post threads just so they can pat each other on the back for finding a picture of a dumpster without any plane parts (I have seen a 10 page thread just on that obscure photo) and new guys like grapesofraft.

The new guys learn very quickly.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah well maybe I should just start posting threads bashing Bush and Cheney or something about 911 being caused by anyone but Extreme Muslims and then I could sit back and rack up the points, flags, and stars.

Seems much easier than trying to defend my position.

I always appreciate your support JD.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
The only ones who visit the 9/11 threads are fellow believers who post threads just so they can pat each other on the back for finding a picture of a dumpster without any plane parts (I have seen a 10 page thread just on that obscure photo) and new guys like grapesofraft.

The new guys learn very quickly.

I've stayed out of them until recently, and I would have to say you're right. I thought the political threads got bad, but they don't even compare to the 9/11 threads.

Back on topic with me, people get angry when you challenge their world-view. The difference between here and the real world, is that here we have a lot of internet tough guys that don't know how to have a discussion without resorting to childish behavior when they are proven wrong or when someone disagrees with them. Some people just don't seem to understand that it's ok to disagree on things.

I don't always agree with the people on my friends list or people that I run into frequently in threads, and that's ok with me. If there ever comes a day when I completely agree with everyone, I'm going to take myself in for a head-check. Maybe even an exorcism though I'm sure faith is probably required for that one to work.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I've stayed out of them until recently, and I would have to say you're right. I thought the political threads got bad, but they don't even compare to the 9/11 threads.

Boy, you're not kidding! I stay far away from the 9/11 threads!!! They take it WAY too personally if you don't buy into their position! I think they would be less upset if you and all your friends gang raped their mothers! The few times I have made the mistake of posting on a 9/11 thread, I felt lucky to get out with all my limbs!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yeah, some people just have to be right. Apparantly they value their own opinion more than anybody else's. As for me, I am so open-minded, that my mind is closed to the idea that I could have a closed mind.
Whatever, maybe you have an idea what I mean. Time for bed.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by kyred]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Yeah, I think it is because I put it in some jacked up forum. I didnt know where else it fit.

Ummm jacked up forum? You put it in Board Business. No stars here

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I saw this image, and I thought of some of the people I have seen on ATS....

If this magazine was real - some of us would be subscribers

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1be4a72f3ec5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

How come people just go straight to anger and start calling you names whenever you post anything that disagrees with their point of view?

Simple... because said people are insecure in their belief. They feel that if they shout and carry on, it will somehow give their pet theory more gravity... and it saves them from having to answer sticky questions by starting ad hominem attacks and changing topic.

Better for them that you deal primarily with their hostility than the holes in their story.

IRM

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

How come people just go straight to anger and start calling you names whenever you post anything that disagrees with their point of view?

Wouldnt it be more productive for everyone if they just stated the reasons they disagree with you or give you some proof that supports their side of the story?

Are we supposed to all agree on everything related to 911, UFO's, Aliens, Alien Abduction, Meditation, Indigo Children, NASA Lying, Bush, Cheney, Obama, Politics, Sexual Preference, Rocks that look kinda like stuff on Earth, Global Warming, etc?

How does having a different viewpoint automatically make someone a troll?

Why all the anger? I thought we were all supposed to act like adults.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

Eek. Who's doing that?

I try my best to act an adult.

It's funny. I'm not even over 20 but there are some people here thrice my age who can't even speak politely to someone they disagree with.

But s'ok.

I respect your opinions.

If we all got along with each other, living would not be as exciting as it is.

Be respectful. Be mature.

Let's not make ATS a place of childish disagreements where we all want to DOMINATE over another's opinions and get him to SEE YOUR WAY.

LOVE!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Well, some people ARE plain rude. For no reason other than immaturity. Yes, at age 20+++.

And thats the people I can't stand.

Like there are posts that call gay people VERY rude things.

"Queer" sounds very bad.

And the way some of these idiots bash people who aren't Christian... I've seen them.

You're straight. I GET IT. But they're not. So RESPECT THAT.

You're Christian. I GET IT. I'm not. When I bring my viewpoint up, they say horrid things that imply I'm some sort of devilspawn because I don't believe in a God.

Nevertheless, I try to act mature, but it's VERY disgusting. Maybe that's why some people start getting all anal because they cannot stand such disrespect.

If there was respect BOTH WAYS you can rest assured there wouldn't be any uptight a-holes getting all fired up.

In other words, ARE YOU RESPECTFUL of others?

When you call someone a "queer" and make fun of their sexual preference WHILE pondering what rights a gay couple has... well, of course you're going to rile up some people. And then they start disagreeing with you rudely, and all the while you're thinking, "But it's MY opinion!"

It's NOT the rights. It's the DISSING.

I mean, if they're getting all fired up because of the rights issue and making a big mess, you should ignore them. But if they're attacking YOU personally, well, it's gotta be the way you phrased your post in such a disrespectful and disgusting way.

Be adults. That's all I'm saying.

If you want respect, respect others first.

ATS-er: "You whiny rights-wanting queer."
Queer: "?!"

Get it?

[edit on 19-6-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

I am not so sure it is superiority but inferiority,

Someone points out that you were or could be wrong about a certain theory and it makes you worry about you own judgment and how easily you can be taken in, like,"certainly I am not that stupid."

A well rounded individual can admit being wrong and see another point of view without feeling threatened.

A person feeling inferior would have a harder time admitting they were wrong.

Then there is delusional, or a hatred that runs so deep they don't want to find anything good to say.

Next comes the infamous "world wide web," where you can find any reason to continue believe anything you wish because a web page tells you it is true.

But being a member if an exclusive club also is also a high, like CT'ers or say a meta-physician, like the idea they have insight into hidden meanings and esoteric knowledge.

Like in religion, or politics, people don't like what they have put their faith into shaken, so we go to great lengths to prove we are right, and others are wrong.

All Part of the complicated sides of human nature.

[edit on 113030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Like there are posts that call gay people VERY rude things.

There are people who think it is rude to flaunt your sexual orientation...

Doing so is inflammatory and provocative - but I see you have already noticed that.

Right beneath the window in which I am typing is the following request:

"Please do not post your own personal information."

I would include sexual information in this category and request.

(Except if it involves a conspiracy and is on-topic - then it is Okay)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There are a few here who cannot take any skeptic responding to their threads. I have found out that many times (currently on a thread about the Web-bot).

I do think the 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists do have something in their favor now: a report by a scientific journal about the highly engineered explosive found in the rubble. Not one main stream media outlet reported this story:

rawstory.com...

The scientific journal has a link in the article.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here we are again, about being open minded. I consider myself open minded, however I also consider certain facts as true. This boils down to beliefs held with other disagreeing facts being false in my opinion. I believe just about *anything* that anyone is able to prove to me. That does make me open minded, but it does not make it so that I also believe in everything as well while being it.

That's the problem, propably.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That's easily answered, because most people believe that their point of view is the right one. It's either just stubbornness and most likely something that they have been raised on particularly if it's religion. I also noticed that when people are quick to anger, they sometimes don't even know anything about the subject they are getting mad about. I like to pretend I'm angry sometimes, but sometimes that can be hard to put in words, so I put the laughing icon or lol in there when I'm doing that. But I'm pretty opened minded and like to have a good discussion about many topics. I also admit when I'm wrong or got schooled. No reason to let the ego take over. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I also don't take things at face value either. That's why i like this site so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join