It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Residents Ticketed for Parking in Driveway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ohio Residents Ticketed for Parking in Driveway!

www.liveleak.com

TOLEDO, Ohio - Residents of Toledo, Ohio, are complaining that they received $25 tickets for parking their vehicles in their own driveways.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.google.com

[edit on 18-6-2009 by zetamafia911]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is absolutely absurd. City governments now giving fines to ordinary people for very small (and just created) technicalities. Seriously how much more are people willing to take? You also see one of the men in the video lamenting the fact that he has to pay but still willing to pay it.
Authority is so deep set in our culture it seems the normal populace will just stoop over and receive.

Your thoughts?

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Someone should check to see if the mayor of that town has relatives in the driveway paving business, or if he gets a kickback on each new driveway paving contract someone gets. I caught something like that going on where I use to live about 12 years ago, had to do with street paving contracts.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
Authority is so deep set in our culture it seems the normal populace will just stoop over and receive. Your thoughts?

Tell me again why it is you guys 'bear arms'? Somebody wants tocome onto my private property to give me a damn-fool ticket, he's gonna meet my puppy.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have heard of them getting you if you blocked a public sidewalk, which alot of people have in front of their homes. It was real convenient how the Mayor would not answer the reporters questions. Betcha his career dissipation light just went into overdrive....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
total [SNIP] BU!!sh!T. My driveway is paid for and my business; if I don't want to pave it So What.
This realy is over the top .
BU!!sh!T

Profanity removed

from the Terms And Conditions Of Use

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 18/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
Authority is so deep set in our culture it seems the normal populace will just stoop over and receive.

Definition of authority: (law dictionary)
au·thor·ity (ə t̸hôr′ə tē, -t̸här′-)

noun pl. authorities -·ties

1. the power or right to give commands, enforce obedience, take action, or make final decisions; jurisdiction
2. the position of one having such power a person in authority
2. such power as delegated to another;

Does that sound like anything a grown, responsible person would want to subject themselves to? We have given away our right to command ourselves. We have allowed others to enforce obedience on us, to take action against us; we concede to their final decisions and grant others jurisdiction over our lives. We delegate our power.

Note that the power is ours as sovereign individuals. TPTB have only as much authority as you grant them or recognize as belonging to them. I am not a child in need of discipline nor will I submit to the threats of punishment for deeds I do not deem necessary for myself.

TPTB are not going to give us back our innate authority. We have to take it back just like we surrendered and delegated it to them: one thing at a time.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sorry the sound card on my puter quit working a week ago, So I could not hear what the Mayor was saying.. But still private property is "private" as long as the vehicle is "legal" ie. tags ins. inspetion.. etc.. there should be no legal reason for a "parking ticket"

What minor technicalities were involved in this??? what ordinances were passed? I do not live in Ohio, So am curious as to how this came about..

Also sounds to me like the Mayor might be involved in some form of kickback.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bad for Mayor in the next elections.
Unless he can do a Bloumberg.
The out come of which is still awaiting trial.

Law makers find as many paydays as wall street but only
legal.

Go to law school instead of out West young man.
Or however the saying went.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This reminds me of a true story, a friend at work years ago told..up in brideport, CT, one night, his friend got smashed n drunk at a bar. Some cop followed him home,a nd pulled him over abuot 8 from his driveway and arrested him for drunk driving... 8 feet from his driveway! I asked him, if his friend had any pesoanly 'beef' witht he cop..he answered no.
Ironically, another guy in my city once told,..some guy was, of course, drunk, driving home at around 3 am....local coppulled him over just 3 opr 4 ffet from his drive, AND had his car impounded!
I dont thinik i will ever undeerstand how the law really works

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
what i never understood about his sotry..was why the cop allowed a drunk man to drive 7 or 8 miles at late night, then pull him over 8 from his house? yuode thk since he made it home, he can go sober up now...the cop let a potential life costing accident drive around..

XL5

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have a solution...lay down alot of plywood with big nails and then get that "rock coating" paint and make it look paved. Could always leave it bare just to screw with them.

As for the sidwalk, if your bumper sticks out half way...paint over part of the sidewalk and your driveway to make the sidewalk look like it curves. Then take lots of photos for proof.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XL5

parking on unpaved surfaces, including

I just checked and it does seems the cement concession has
a lock the pavement requirements although what happened
to the grandfather clause. This law didn't happen over night.
Another story with many holes.

According to the Gotti snitch there was a lot of cement payday
hikes during the building of the World Trade Towers. Cement
was handled by all the right people.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion in this forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You. Thread Closed.

top topics

join