It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official USA/AUS Chemtrail Experiments From The 1960s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What follows is an interesting Paper I scored off E-Bay (along with other documents from the Woomera Space Research Facility and heaps of NASA documents � mainly related to the Surveyor Landings).
I�m an Australian, and the Americans who printed the paper, misspell �Organisation� from CSIRO, as �Organization�!) What follows, is a reproduction (with a couple of �maths-scripting� errors � because of my dodgy keyboard here. Note that 10(10) is actually typewritten as �10 to the power of 10� would normally be, in the paper etc.).

The following Paper has two ink stamps on it which state;
�SPACE GROUP REPRINT LIBRARY, RPP 1013�

Here is the selected text from the Paper;

�Commonwealth of Australia
COMMONWEALTH SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH ORGANIZATION
Reprinted from JOURNAL OF APPLIED METEOROLOGY, Vol. 6, No. 2, April 1967, pp. 373-379
American Meteorological Society
Printed in U.S.A.

A Stratospheric Air Tracer Experiment Using Zinc Sulfide
EARL G. DROESSLER1, K. J. HEFFERNAN AND E. K. BIGG
Radiophysics Laboratory, CSIRO, Sydney, Australia
(Manuscript received 15 August 1966, in revised form 14 October 1966)
ABSTRACT
The feasibility of using the fluorescent properties of zinc sulfide powder to study air motions in the vicinity of jet streams was studied by releasing 230 kg of the substance above the subtropical jet in central Australia and later in Western Australia. Zinc sulfide was detected in some of the air samples obtained at the ground in Australia and New Zealand as far as 7000 km from the source and at various altitudes over eastern Australia.
It is concluded that this tracer could be useful for studying air motions on such a large scale but that transport mechanisms involving clouds may also be important. Very rapid downward transport was a feature of both experiments. A relationship appears to exist between ice nucleus concentrations and the fallout pattern of the zinc sulfide.
a. The tracer material. The material used was a zinc sulfide powder, manufactured by the U.S. Radium Corporation, and designated �2210," which has often been used in tropospheric studies of air movements or diffusion. Under the influence of ultraviolet radiation of about 3650 A wavelength, it fluoresces powerfully in the green at wavelengths near 5200 A. It is an inert, insoluble material, stable in the presence of strong sunlight, and because of small particle size it yields about 10(10) particles gm-1. The largest particles present, about 10u in diameter, would take a week to reach the ground in stagnant air, while most would take many months. ...
The dispensing system is shown in Fig. 2a. It consisted of long-range drop-type fuel tanks fitted to the standard pylons under the port and starboard wings of a B57 weather reconnaissance aircraft of the U.S. Air Force. Each tank was modified to contain 20 separate canisters of zinc sulfide. The canisters were sealed by an �O� ring and a circular plexiglass lid, in which was embedded an explosive squib of the type currently used in aircraft jettisoning systems.
The whole dispensing system was under the control of the aircraft navigator and was programmed to fire alternately one port and one starboard canister every 1� min, thus ensuring an even distribution of about 230 kg of zinc sulfide over 60 min of flight. Fig. 2b shows the trail of powder left by the aircraft when a canister explodes. (My note; Picture of the modified B27 system included, as well as a picture of a release in-flight!)
The picture captions state;
FIG. 2. The zinc sulfide dispensing system (a) carried by a B57 weather reconnaissance aircraft of the U.S. Air Force, and the trail of powder (b) left by the aircraft during an in-flight release.
The particles were collected, both in the air and on the ground, by filtering air through a cellulose ester membrane known as the Millipore [marketed by the Millipore Corporation, Bedford, Mass., U.S.A.] and having a nominal pore size of 1.2u. ...

3. Discussion

In both experiments the relatively large numbers of apparently zinc sulfide particles found on a number of filters compared with the generally low background counts suggest that the tracer was detected as much as 13 km below and 80 degrees of longitude from its starting point. The influx of particles in the first experiment 10 to 13 days from the release may weaken this conclusion, but it could also be interpreted as downward transport of particles which have made one circuit of the globe.

4. Conclusions

The experiments appear to demonstrate that zinc sulfide in the quantities dispersed can be satisfactorily used as a tracer even at great distances, but suggest that other methods of tracing the air (ozone or potential temperature) would be very helpful in resolving some of the ambiguities of the transport mechanism.
An increase by a factor of 10 in the amount released would of course greatly improve the confidence that can be placed in the results. Aircraft collection was a valuable addition to the experiment and would be desirable in any future experiments. ...

REFERENCES
Danielsen, E.F., 1964: Report on Project Springfield. Defense Atomic Support Agency, DASA 1517.
Reiter, E.R., and J.D. Mahlman, 1964: Heavy radioactive fallout over the Southern United States. Colorado State University Tech. Paper No. 58, 21-50.
...�

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
and....how much did u pay for this? if it was over a bucks, u got ripped off. i saw the same thing on another website. can't remember which one though.
sorry to say this but......U GOT SERVED!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You idiot.

The documents and papers (over 60) have all the dust, smudges and even RUST (on the staples), that you would expect from documents about 30-40 years old. they are in (a now extinct) typeface.

Best forgeries I've ever seen.

Which website did you see this on?
Can't remember hey?
Liar.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Don't stop there. There were all kinds of experiments that were conducted.

just check the abstracts in the archives

abstract from 1966

Abstract from 1962

abstract from 1969

abstract from 1978

That is only a random sampling. feel free to dig around.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixataar
You idiot.

The documents and papers (over 60) have all the dust, smudges and even RUST (on the staples), that you would expect from documents about 30-40 years old. they are in (a now extinct) typeface.

Best forgeries I've ever seen.

Which website did you see this on?
Can't remember hey?
Liar.

you can buy a copy of the article from the journal for $22.00 (U.S.)

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
$22.00.

That doesn't answer whether it is a forgery or not...

My approximately 60 documents (including NASA Moon stuff and Woomera Space Research Papers) cost AUS $150.
= $2.50 per document.

Man, I got ripped-off...

I'd be more than happy to photocopy the article (with the associated photos included) and send it in to ATS.
So that people can access it for free - and not pay $22.00 for it!

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Ixataar]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
More to the point: What is the significance of this article?

Not much. It details a one time experimental release of a tracer into the atmosphere to see where "the stuff goes.' Why. Well if you look at the journal archives from that era you will notice a lot of articles dealing with airborne clouds of radioactive particles. They were still doing atmospheric nuclear testing in those days.

Does this mean that the persistant contrail you see on a cold January day is part of a secret test program? not hardly.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'd be more than happy to photocopy the article (with the associated photos included) and send it in to ATS.
So that people can access it for free - and not pay $22.00 for it!

I do not beleive that the article is in the public domain.

(in other words - that might not be legal
)

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh, so its $22.00 well-spent for any fool that purchases it?????

The significance is that it SHOWS (in photos) a MODIFIED B57 Weather Reconnisance Aircraft dispersal system, and in THE ACT of doing it.
Thats the significance.

As for not in the Public Domain.
I couldn't care less. Sue me!

I bought it, so I'll do what I wish with it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ixataar,
Organisation is not misspelt - Americans do indeed spell it with a z: Organization. Just like we spell flavour, flavor. Armour is Armor. Americans have changed the spelling of many words from the original British English system.

You could say American English is a bastardized version of the original British English system, but, who cares? :-D

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm well aware of Hybrid English.
The word "Organization" IS misspelt, because CSIRO, the "Commonwealth Scientific And Industrial Research Organisation" IS an AUSTRALIAN organisation.

So, just like the American "Department of Defense" is spelt as such, so is the Australian "Department of Defence" spelt as such.

It doesn�t change the spelling of either, simply because its written in another Nation.
But like you said, who cares...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Oh, so its $22.00 well-spent for any fool that purchases it?????

The significance is that it SHOWS (in photos) a MODIFIED B57 Weather Reconnisance Aircraft dispersal system, and in THE ACT of doing it.
Thats the significance.

As for not in the Public Domain.
I couldn't care less. Sue me!

I bought it, so I'll do what I wish with it.

Fine. But I don't know if you will be able to post it on ATS.

Fair use rules apply and it all depends on your use of the material.

Again, I have to ask: What is the significance of this? They did a lot of these types of experiments back then. That is the basis for our current understanding of atmospheric dynamics.

It proves nothing other than the fact that in the 60's someone did a tracer experiment. Big deal.

There is one born every minute and two to take him

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Fine, I'll post it elsewhere.

Liek I said, the significance is the photos of the dispersal system and aircraft.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yeah the high tech dispersal system that dumped a grand total of 250 kg of tracer into the atmosphere.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Thats the significance.

gee. a dispersal system way back when, huh? modified B57? whoda thunk it?

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Again, I have to ask: What is the significance of this? They did a lot of these types of experiments back then. That is the basis for our current understanding of atmospheric dynamics.

a lot of these types of experiments back then, ....but then the need to know 'stuff' just kinda dwindled off over the last 40 yrs.?

It proves nothing other than the fact that in the 60's someone did a tracer experiment. Big deal.

it does prove that, though. it IS a big deal. there are many cards in the house of cards. this is one.

There is one born every minute and two to take him

yes. there is one innocent wholesome person born every minute, and two wholesome innocent people to take him to ......spin world, where the uninformed can be dizzied by irrelevent facts and guided tours of Truth.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Actually billybob, they still do a lot of experiments these days. Only they are more sophisticated and are generally aimed at meaureing existing trace gasses and aircraft emissions.

And yes I'm sure that someone somewhere is doing a tracer experiment. So what?

That has nothing to do with the normal jet contrails from commercial aviation that you have your panties in a bunch about.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Actually billybob, they still do a lot of experiments these days. Only they are more sophisticated and are generally aimed at meaureing existing trace gasses and aircraft emissions.

And yes I'm sure that someone somewhere is doing a tracer experiment. So what?

That has nothing to do with the normal jet contrails from commercial aviation that you have your panties in a bunch about.

don't you mean alleged normal contrails?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
how is this related to aerospace

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

don't you mean alleged normal contrails?

NO I DON'T!

You are the one who is alleging that they are not normal. It is up to YOU to prove that they are not. You have yet to provide a scintilla of proof that it is impossible for normal contrails under the conditions in which you observe these alleged �Chemtrails.�

You can not do that. You will never be able to do that. Digging up a bunch of cold war era atmospheric dispersion tests will never change that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join